Ryan Edwards

I'll let you into a little secret. I made up the story about the Livi supporting mate.
It was worth it though knowing that you spent the next hour of your life scouring google in a rage to try and prove me wrong.
Even then, all you did was prove yourself wrong! "Forward"! :lol:
:1eye

[emoji23]

You made up you have a friend that supports Livy.

7 hours ago, Soctty said:

Can't play against his parent club... 

Yeah I know and that is why he didn't play today.  But we needed signings to improve the team including this game surely?

OK this one is past now.. let's see how this one player will transform what is simply not good enough - this squad/management team would struggle in the Championship

On 9/2/2018 at 1:02 AM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

and some people say there is no difference between loan signings and players signed on a permanent 1 year deal...

Ooooh I do love it when someone does this. Misrepresentation and wilfully changing the context in which people made those statements. All in one post laced with sarcasm and contempt for the views of others.

Have you considered standing for election?

Ryan Edwards "shocked" at Stubbs' sacking

ALAN STUBBS was the main reason behind Ryan Edwards joining St Mirren.

But the midfielder was left stunned when the Buddies boss was binned just HOURS after his first training session.

Edwards reported for duty on Monday morning — then discovered the man who’d brought him to Paisley was sacked later the same day.

With St Mirren sitting second bottom of the Premiership, Stubbs paid the ultimate price for a poor start to the campaign.

But his dismissal left Edwards, who joined Saints on a season-long loan from Hearts last Friday, in a state of shock.

The Australian was ineligible to play against his parent club in the 4-1 loss on Saturday and only joined his new team-mates for the first time at the start of this week.

Edwards told SunSport: “Monday was my first day at training and the boys and manager were all welcoming.

“It is a bit strange coming in on your second day and the gaffer has gone.

“I found out on Monday night and sent him a text just thanking him for bringing me to the club.

“It is never nice seeing someone lose their job. I experienced it a couple of times when I was at Reading and it is never good.

“I was really looking forward to working with him as he was one of the main reasons I came to the club.

“I had two good conversations with him before I came to St Mirren and he sold the club to me.

“Knowing my situation at Hearts, he made it an easy decision for me to come here.

“It is a good club with a great stadium and excellent training facilities. It is very disappointing to see him go so soon.”

Stubbs lasted just nine games before the St Mirren board lost faith on the back of three straight league losses to AberdeenLivingstonand Hearts.

But despite the poor run of form, Edwards feels there are still genuine grounds for optimism.

Before moving to Tynecastle in the summer, the 24-year-old spent three season at Partick Thistle who were notoriously slow starters.

Edwards said: “The results haven’t been great of late but it’s strange you only get eight or nine games to prove yourself.

“St Mirren have only played four Premiership matches but every board looks upon things differently.

“Sometimes it can be a rash decision, sometimes it can be a good decision.

“In my three seasons at Partick Thistle, we had poor starts every time. But the board stuck by Alan Archibald.

“We always struggled to get points on the board early. You need a consistent run to get out of a bad situation and in my first two seasons at Partick we showed that.

“I think we only took three points from the first eight games but in the first season we just missed out on the top six and in the second season we made it.

“We got out of trouble again last season only to have some bad form again near the end of the campaign.

“St Mirren are only two points off the top six so there is no need to panic. Hopefully, whoever comes in can help reinvigorate us.”

Goalkeeper Craig Samson is also hopeful the new man at the helm can bring about a change in fortune.

Alloa boss Jim Goodwin is the early front-runner to land the vacant gig and Samson, who was a team-mate of the Irishman during his spell as a player in Paisley, would welcome that appointment.

The keeper said: “The decision is totally down to the board and the chairman. They will have their own thoughts on who they want to bring in.

“I’m sure they will try to get the right man for the job. There will be a lot of names bandied about and Jim is one of them.

“I played with Jim and you always knew he would be a manager. He was very single-minded and you could see he would take that step. 

“He has done a terrific job at Alloa and it was a brilliant effort to get them promoted to the Championship.

“I don’t think there was ever any doubt he would make a good manager.

“All the players here really respected him, as he would have done anything to win a game of football as a player. That is something he has taken into management.”

All was clearly not well behind the scenes at St Mirren but Samson was still surprised to see Stubbs depart so soon.

He said: “This is a club decision and they obviously thought this was the best way forward.

“We have come up into a different league and bought a lot of new players. There are a lot of new faces at the club.

“The board and the directors obviously think something is not quite right there and a change needed to be made.