Grow a Pair

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Oh and Stubbs can go now is a good title is it:byebye As for sharp end i think the fairies have visited you this week. Take a chill pill and a wee nap. Come back in May when all the excitement is over:byebye

Yes, straight to the point. Grow a pair is a bit patronising.

7 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Yes, straight to the point. Grow a pair is a bit patronising.

Some point. Well after one bad result one expected result and one great result we are where we are. The players are new sure they may be unrest but that is what happens with change. Anyone suggesting we sack a manager after 3 games is a moron

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Some point. Well after one bad result one expected result and one great result we are where we are. The players are new sure they may be unrest but that is what happens with change. Anyone suggesting we sack a manager after 3 games is a moron

I'll not get into the petty name calling thanks i'm not 16. I have seen enough from Stubbs  already to have that opinion. If i'm wrong i'll be happy, i don't think i am and i'm entitled to that opinion.

The original poster does have a point

However I am terrified by the fact that someone on our coaching team saw Cole Kpekewa and thought has was a footballer AND that he was good enough to employ as a footballer AND good enough to play in the first team playing squad AHEAD of Jack Baird.  Also if you recall we have been lead to believe that Gary MacKenzie was told he WAS NOT good enough and yet Cole Kpekewa IS!

On Saturday Cole Kpekewa looked entirely like a bloke pulled of the street and asked to play, he is not a footballer and whoever scouted him and whoever signed him should not be employed in the football industry.

Cammy Smith is also a cracking player, only a complete idiot would drop him (also only an idiot would allow Cole Kpekewa to play as detailed above).  

Just now, TediousTom said:

However I am terrified by the fact that someone on our coaching team saw Cole Kpekewa and thought has was a footballer AND that he was good enough to employ as a footballer AND good enough to play in the first team playing squad AHEAD of Jack Baird.  Also if you recall we have been lead to believe that Gary MacKenzie was told he WAS NOT good enough and yet Cole Kpekewa IS!

On Saturday Cole Kpekewa looked entirely like a bloke pulled of the street and asked to play, he is not a footballer and whoever scouted him and whoever signed him should not be employed in the football industry.

Cammy Smith is also a cracking player, only a complete idiot would drop him (also only an idiot would allow Cole Kpekewa to play as detailed above).  

In other words you don't rate Stubbs...

9 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'll not get into the petty name calling thanks i'm not 16. I have seen enough from Stubbs  already to have that opinion. If i'm wrong i'll be happy, i don't think i am and i'm entitled to that opinion.

I did not call u anything mate. Everyone quotes Rotherham its totally irrelevent every manager bar Fergie or Pepe has had disasters. I had my head in my hands to Sat but its obvious the chemistry on a brand new team is not right. That will take a little time and thats what Stubbs will get. He flops he gets canned but give him at least 12 to 15 games . If we have less than 15 points after that then yes we need to address but not till then surely

Stubbs is that idiot, that idiot indeed.

Well go shopping then. Get a new bra

Look, I understand you’re pro-Stubbs, which is fine, however, what we’ve watched the last few weeks isn’t pish? Is that what you’re trying to say here?

Not actually sure as you’ve made a completely left field comment about ladies underwear.

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

Look, I understand you’re pro-Stubbs, which is fine, however, what we’ve watched the last few weeks isn’t pish? Is that what you’re trying to say here?

Not actually sure as you’ve made a completely left field comment about ladies underwear.

I am pro saints bud. Same as you. All this anti Stubbs pish is not doing anyone any good

I am pro saints bud. Same as you. All this anti Stubbs pish is not doing anyone any good

I wouldn’t class myself as “anti-Stubbs” but I am very concerned at where we are right now as a team and based on what I’ve seen from him in terms of recruitment I’m worried that we are in real trouble.

Too many games this season have been rough to watch and if the current squad isn’t significantly strengthened we’ll go straight back down IMO.

We’ve got two days to go. I’m not hopeful.

3 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I wouldn’t class myself as “anti-Stubbs” but I am very concerned at where we are right now as a team and based on what I’ve seen from him in terms of recruitment I’m worried that we are in real trouble.

Too many games this season have been rough to watch and if the current squad isn’t significantly strengthened we’ll go straight back down IMO.

We’ve got two days to go. I’m not hopeful.

Not disagreeing  but sacking him is not answer. Players thrive on confidence.... look at 6 nil game v Sons. The fact we did well against Dundee admittingly carrying luck. Create chances at Ipox. Last 2 games have been rubbish. Mate if he plays same format and starting XI v Hearts as Livi then i may start to turn a bit however Stubbs did well at Hibs after Butcher mess in my eyes he needs us. There will 900 fans plus at Tynecastle . Like u i want to see a new starting to gel....

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Well go shopping then. Get a new bra

Keep on deluding yourself we had Rangers rattled in the second half, matched Aberdeen for the final 30 minutes at Pittodrie, and were level with Livi for 55 minutes... all 3 games were over as a contest within 30 minutes give or take 5 minutes depending on the game.

1 hour ago, helpmaboab said:

"Cammy Smith is also a cracking player, only a complete idiot would drop him (also only an idiot would allow Cole Kpekewa to play as detailed above)."

So Tam, whit yi ur sayin is if you wur oor manager you wid drap Cammy Smith an play Cole Kpekwakeywakey. Right?

Come on helpmabob, us supporters  that were dragged up in the schemes my not proclaim to be well versed in our grammar as some of our well educated posters.

But I think you know where TediousTom is coming from and your just having a jest.  :) 

I did not call u anything mate. Everyone quotes Rotherham its totally irrelevent every manager bar Fergie or Pepe has had disasters. I had my head in my hands to Sat but its obvious the chemistry on a brand new team is not right. That will take a little time and thats what Stubbs will get. He flops he gets canned but give him at least 12 to 15 games . If we have less than 15 points after that then yes we need to address but not till then surely

Before last Saturday I thought the same thing but I’m trusting my instinct and it’s telling me that he’s not for St Mirren. Whether it’s his signings, Man management or poor tactics or a mixture of all of them. I’m really not feeling it and I know he’ll almost definitely get longer than 3 games but I don’t think he’ll do any better in the coming weeks. Of course that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be pleased to be proved wrong because I want the team to do well but to say I’m very concerned about having Stubbs as manager for much longer would be a huge understatement.

12 hours ago, TediousTom said:

My point in another post. However sticking to the theme of this post, I don't want AS to fail, in fact I don't want any Saints Manager to fail when they are appointed, and given we have had 29 Managers since 1961 each lasting under an average of 2 years that is a lot of Managers I have hoped would do well.

I have seen quite a number of Saint's teams flounder over the years and it has been more common than having a successful year. That having been said I have seen us challenge at the top end of the league right up to Christmas and also if you take the Watford example of a well organised team getting a good start in the league it makes for lot's of positives all around the place both on and off the field.

Last year you could see the feel-good factor on the field and each player played their part in what turned out to be a slightly unexpected, very successful season. This year I almost see the opposite. Yes they are virtually a new set of players or at least a different group trying to play together, but I don't see that tell-tale gelling on the park. I suspect that the character of AS isn't the same as JR and he hasn't the same approach with the players.

Oh to dream of a Watford feel good factor! :unsure:

3 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

My point in another post. However sticking to the theme of this post, I don't want AS to fail, in fact I don't want any Saints Manager to fail when they are appointed, and given we have had 29 Managers since 1961 each lasting under an average of 2 years that is a lot of Managers I have hoped would do well.

I have seen quite a number of Saint's teams flounder over the years and it has been more common than having a successful year. That having been said I have seen us challenge at the top end of the league right up to Christmas and also if you take the Watford example of a well organised team getting a good start in the league it makes for lot's of positives all around the place both on and off the field.

Last year you could see the feel-good factor on the field and each player played their part in what turned out to be a slightly unexpected, very successful season. This year I almost see the opposite. Yes they are virtually a new set of players or at least a different group trying to play together, but I don't see that tell-tale gelling on the park. I suspect that the character of AS isn't the same as JR and he hasn't the same approach with the players.

Oh to dream of a Watford feel good factor! :unsure:

Good balanced and realistic post.

I agree that Watford are living the dream.....................for now.

For every Watford there's a Stoke, West Brom & Swansea to name only 3.

3 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Before last Saturday I thought the same thing but I’m trusting my instinct and it’s telling me that he’s not for St Mirren. Whether it’s his signings, Man management or poor tactics or a mixture of all of them. I’m really not feeling it and I know he’ll almost definitely get longer than 3 games but I don’t think he’ll do any better in the coming weeks. Of course that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be pleased to be proved wrong because I want the team to do well but to say I’m very concerned about having Stubbs as manager for much longer would be a huge understatement.

And what did your instinct tell you going to Ayr 19 months ago facing certain relegation and a young manager with hardly any experience and losing nearly every week. Did it tell u what happened and why we play Hearts Sat and not Montrose........

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Good balanced and realistic post.

I agree that Watford are living the dream.....................for now.

For every Watford there's a Stoke, West Brom & Swansea to name only 3.

Respectively they were in the Premier League for 10, 8 and 7 years and at times during these periods each 'punched above their weight', which no doubt gave them each a feel good factor!

As for Watford yes they are touching the sun a little bit at present as are Crystal Palace to a degree and yes in each case they will get burnt at some stage. I watched the Fulham game the other day and wow was that good to watch. This being a team with a bad start yet you could see the attitude on the park was right. I appreciate Leicester were a complete one-off, but as far as feel good factors go................. of course they too managed to replace their Manager pretty quickly! 

I firmly believe Something's rotten in the State of Denmark!

And what did your instinct tell you going to Ayr 19 months ago facing certain relegation and a young manager with hardly any experience and losing nearly every week. Did it tell u what happened and why we play Hearts Sat and not Montrose........

I don’t know about you mate but even at that point I (and many others who travelled that day) expected us to win at Ayr as we’d seen the green shoots of recovery.

This situation is slightly different given how we’ve played in recent games IMO.

34 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Naw it husnae, an it's yella fae the blood. A prefer a guid Scottish cheddar. Nice in a soda scone wi a pie squashed in tae. Guid sensible grub. Nane a that crapas tapas shite. Ur wi gettin aff the subject? Wis this threed aboot grub?

Aye. Growing your own Pears.