And the Reaction if..?

Just thinking, football being a funny old game and all that. What will the reaction be among people calling for the manager to be sacked after three league games should we pull away from Tynecastle with a point, or three..?

i mean obviously as the poor performances  are completely down to the manager, the logic of some will dictate a draw or a win would be 'inspite' of the manager.... it will be a good laugh reading the hand wringing posts should we get something at Tynecastle.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just thinking, football being a funny old game and all that. What will the reaction be among people calling for the manager to be sacked after three league games should we pull away from Tynecastle with a point, or three..?

i mean obviously as the poor performances  are completely down to the manager, the logic of some will dictate a draw or a win would be 'inspite' of the manager.... it will be a good laugh reading the hand wringing posts should we get something at Tynecastle.

We will be showered with "we were lucky"

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

Any points we can get on the board with this tube in charge are welcome , but I think we all know that if there's a winner at Dens on Saturday , then  we'll be in the bottom 2 for the foreseeable !

All the more reason to support the team then. 

39 minutes ago, billyg said:

Any points we can get on the board with this tube in charge are welcome , but I think we all know that if there's a winner at Dens on Saturday , then  we'll be in the bottom 2 for the foreseeable !

Its always darkest before the dawn!

like Ross before him Stubbs is overhauling whats left of a squad that was never going to cut it in this league. Our results against premier teams last season, and losing to Dun Utd, Falkirk twice, and Livi at the end of last season were the big claxon moments.

being an optomist, i think by the decreasing law of averages the squad will click very soon and start to be consistent, i would imagine the work Stubbzo and his team are doing on the training pitch, with the squad will now start to pay off. 

stuubzo has started to include Cooke, would be doing so with Heaton when fit, so that just leaves King, and depending who you believe he either does, or doesnt want to go back saaf? Hodson, i think will be up to speed this weekend, if Cammy is still here i would expect him to start, the big decision for Stubbzo is whether to persist with Big Cole in the hope he cant be that pish again, or settle on Baird & Jones as   The centre backs. For me, Jones isnt there yet, so i guess we need Cole to dig us out (where did i mine that one from).

that leaves our frontline, big Brock looked like he wanted to play second half on Saturday, and Cooke looks like a good option off the bench. What is less clear is how Brock & Mullen form a partnership as i have said before Mullen plays mainly off the wing, then tries to run in to play striker. The result being a lot of what is fired in from the bye line is wasted.

that said without Mullen we lose a good runner! We need a new, prolific striker to create a focus up front. Maybe Miller could have done that, Shanks certainly could. However Stubbzo and the club choose to solve it, we need a goalscorer! We lost thirty odd goals from last season, that will continue to hurt us until they are replaced. For me Mullen could be part of it, but he isnt a Fox in The Box, or a beast. And we have still to see if The Badger can cull a few defences!

i am sure we will be much improved on Saturday, we would be more so still if Stubbzo can bring in a goal scoring beast! If he cant, then it will be long punts from Sammy all the way to January that becomes or service to the front.

Edited by Lord Pityme

I don't blame Stubbs solely for our current situation. I am not saying that he has signed great players or that he is a good man manager or whatever.

BUT there are people who are managing and negotiating our target players too. Whether players are being told they are not wanted long term or whether they are not being fully professional or taking a huff, who knows?

SO we have what we have, unless any very late miracle signings occur, and what we have at this point is probably the poorest of all the teams in our league for now.

HOWEVER - GOOD TEAMS are not always full of super stars, though money does help a lot - yet in football there are surprise results, precisely because the tactics and strength of the team can overcome other teams who were expected to win.. (Berwick Rangers against Celtic once I believe).

IF we are hurting, and if we get right in about Hearts like Livi did to us, and IF etc etc. we could take 1 or 3 points against the Jambos. They are flying high and that could work in their favour with the winning mindset momentum OR they might just underestimate us this week - time will tell.

ALL SAINTS FANS want us to win, but a draw would be a good result at this point in time.. we remain fans whatever....

Just to add, we know we had nothing on target last week and couldnt defend for toffee, but our midfield, were for most of the game MIA.

not getting on the ball, or holding it up meaning they were unable to supply the forwards or get up to join them. When you consider thats McGinn, Magennis, Willock and Flynn we are talking about, you expect a lot better from them. No McGinn or Magennis getting on to the ball to fire in long range shots. No little dinks over the top, or slide rule passes... cant see them all being that off again.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

A result at Hearts would be "papering over the cracks". Several people actually used this to describe our League Cup win so this is guaranteed to come up.

A lengthy thread will develop discussing all the chances Hearts could have scored.

Someone will use the phrase "worst Hearts side in living memory".

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

A result at Hearts would be "papering over the cracks". Several people actually used this to describe our League Cup win so this is guaranteed to come up.

A lengthy thread will develop discussing all the chances Hearts could have scored.

Stop wasting your (bad) breath , we'll lose !

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Drugs Don't Work. 

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

I'm listening! You talking from experience ? :D

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

Stop wasting your (bad) breath , we'll lose !

Better comebacks Billy please. These are shite

I'll give you another shot at both. Let's pretend you haven't responded yet.

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Papering over the cracks after 3 league games. This thread again shows one very little thought. Hearts beat Celtic and will be top 5 this year. They also have a true loyal support not the prats on here that float from game to game. On paper we should lose our next 3 games. But hey we might win them..... perish the thought... This forum is fecking awful....