Car Park At St Mirren Football Club

When there is a Match like tonight's Women's International, is the huge Car Park surrounding three quarters of the Stadium available for use by fans ? 

I phoned the Club to ask. 

They don't know. 

Personally, I assumed they would with a charge for each vehicle , which would be fair enough. 

And I would be advertising the availability of secure car parking for weeks before the match. 

Does anybody know ? 

So, no dude on the Planet knows if our Car Park is open tonight for an International Match.

A lot of money could be made for St Mirren & the SFA if there had been a bit of forward planning.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone explain why we were stopped by the stewards from leaving the way we came in via Ferguslie Park Ave, instead being told to turn round and leave via gate at Drums Ave ?

No stewards at the gate to organise cars leaving or to look out for safety of those walking out. A free for all when I got there.

Saw no communication prior to match relating to this.

Dangerous stuff

What's going on ?

I'll elaborate a little on my experience yesterday re the car park, what normally happens is that I meet my son park up his car and take mine to the ground, where available I purchase a parking ticket for a fiver and park up. If not I park elsewhere. As we were asked to get to the ground early we were there at about ten past one, asked the lad on the gate about purchasing a ticket, he didn't seem to be clued up and clearly had no tickets to sell but said if I had a ticket I didn't need to pay. While I was formulating a response on the basis of do you mean a car park pass rather than match ticket (he clearly wasn't the sharpest tool in the box) he said just go round to the right, never one to look a gift horse etc. I did just that and got parked for free, now I was, and still am happy to pay the fiver but really the club need to get a handle on all these little issues or it is lost revenue all the way. Ok it was the first proper home game and new staff and teething troubles are to be expected but having someone on the gate who knew less about what usually happens than I did was a bit poor.

At least when leaving through Ferguslie Park Ave there are 2 lanes for departing traffic to use , previously controlled by the stewards who made sure pedestrians were clear. Yesterday there was only one lane being used as an exit , surprisingly it caused a bottle neck and took a lot longer than usual to leave. Needs sorting .