Signings

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Heard from whom ? 

To me that's just football suicide. What's the point of bringing a new manager in and then back him only so far ? 

He has been backed and he had made an arse of it so far.

That's why no more money.

We just have to get on with what we have and support him and the players.

19 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

What’s the logic in holding money back till January?

Back him or sack him.

Already backed him, he will need to get on with it.

Edited by shull

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Source? 

I don't need a source.

If the BoD aren't backing Stubbs, they either intend to bag him, or they are hanging him out. Note I say IF.

Either way, I fear this will not end well for our current manager. I do not wish him any personal ill, but I can't see him turning things around.

Hanging him out would be pretty shabby, so I think he will be paid off sooner rather than later.

All speculation, and my apologies if I am repeating myself.

1 hour ago, shull said:

He has been backed and he had made an arse of it so far.

That's why no more money.

We just have to get on with what we have and support him and the players.

This is exactly it, he has made an arse of it so far so don’t expect much activity today.

11 hours ago, Smfc500 said:

Yeah I heard but it’s needs to be put in the team and it’s a shame the club don’t take advantage of the money after all they don’t get that kind of money all the time

Just as well your not in charge of finances. Agree a small small part of it should be used though I'd rather work with cash that's available and use any further funds in January. 

I can't imagine that anyone would derive any pleasure from Stubbs losing his job, but we are where we are.

It was very apparent on Saturday that something is seriously amiss, so action of some description is required.

When I am passing colleagues at work who are shaking their heads and asking what the f**k has happened at my club, it is clear that we have a problem.

18 minutes ago, munoz said:

Against the league leaders Hearts away , Celtic at home being 2 of them. Hardly fair.

Yeah, but in this league it’s Hearts away, Sevco away, Aberdeen away, Hibs away, Celtic away, or tough fcukers like Motherwell, St Johnstotne, Killie... if there are any, let’s say, ‘less difficult’ fixtures, then one would be a Livingston side at home, who had just bagged their manager and international striker, and a new stooge was in their dugout with Martindale’s hand up his arse.... and how did that go?

There is no point in bemoaning the next two / three / fifteen fixtures are unfair. They’re all unfair up here, in this league we weren’t  just going to make up the numbers in.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Yeah, but in this league it’s Hearts away, Sevco away, Aberdeen away, Hibs away, Celtic away, or tough fcukers like Motherwell, St Johnstone... if there are, let’s say, ‘less difficult’ fixtures, then one would be a Livingston side at home, who had just bagged their manager and international striker, and a new stooge was in their dugout with Martindale’s hand up his arse.... and how did that go?

There is no point in bemoaning the next two / three / fifteen fixtures are unfair. They’re all unfair up here, in this league we weren’t  just going to make up the numbers in.

If Stubbs fate has already been decided as some are suggesting,  what's the point in keeping him for another 3 or 4 games ? 

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

I can't imagine that anyone would derive any pleasure from Stubbs losing his job, but we are where we are.

It was very apparent on Saturday that something is seriously amiss, so action of some description is required.

When I am passing colleagues at work who are shaking their heads and asking what the f**k has happened at my club, it is clear that we have a problem.

Some of my work colleagues say the same to me, to which I reply- at least my club didn't die.

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

If Stubbs fate has already been decided as some are suggesting,  what's the point in keeping him for another 3 or 4 games ? 

I don’t think his fate has been decided. Certainly, my feeling would be that in his head, GLS must have a scenario which would be a trigger for another Greenhill Road bagging, but that may be something like not winning another game between now and Christmas, or something along those lines.

I was merely saying that while the next two games are indeed tough - Hearts away and Celtic, it IS fair to judge him and indeed his team after these games, because many, many games in this league are just as tough. We might as well not judge him on three quarters of the games we’ll face? When does it get fair to judge? Accies, Livvy, a currently poor Dundee? Is that it?