Signings

12 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t think his fate has been decided. Certainly, my feeling would be that in his head, GLS must have a scenario which would be a trigger for another Greenhill Road bagging, but that may be something like not winning another game between now and Christmas, or something along those lines.

I was merely saying that while the next two games are indeed tough - Hearts away and Celtic, it IS fair to judge him and indeed his team after these games, because many, many games in this league are just as tough. We might as well not judge him on three quarters of the games we’ll face? When does it get fair to judge? Accies, Livvy, a currently poor Dundee? Is that it?

I would say if we are left so open to a tanking, like the Aberdeen game, even against the next two teams, it's still fair to judge a teams performance. With all respect to Hamilton, they lost 1-0 to Celtic the other week. Celtic in many people's eyes should have strolled the game. 

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t think his fate has been decided. Certainly, my feeling would be that in his head, GLS must have a scenario which would be a trigger for another Greenhill Road bagging, but that may be something like not winning another game between now and Christmas, or something along those lines.

I was merely saying that while the next two games are indeed tough - Hearts away and Celtic, it IS fair to judge him and indeed his team after these games, because many, many games in this league are just as tough. We might as well not judge him on three quarters of the games we’ll face? When does it get fair to judge? Accies, Livvy, a currently poor Dundee? Is that it?

I'd say if there's a marked improvement in our next couple of games , well that's progress. Obviously we have to be realistic where points are concerned though.

11 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I would say if we are left so open to a tanking, like the Aberdeen game, even against the next two teams, it's still fair to judge a teams performance. With all respect to Hamilton, they lost 1-0 to Celtic the other week. Celtic in many people's eyes should have strolled the game. 

I think stats for that game showed that Celtic had over 20 shots at goal and a huge retention ratio but fair play to Hamilton in their set up.

39 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I think stats for that game showed that Celtic had over 20 shots at goal and a huge retention ratio but fair play to Hamilton in their set up.

Yeah, i think sometimes its about how you set yourself up against the bigger teams and hit them on the counter or at a set-piece.  We have competed okay in some of these games in the past, though its mostly how you take your small amount of opportunities and set yourself up hard to beat. The 4-0 8 years ago we won v Celtic was a one-off, or certainly one we won't see for some time.

8 hours ago, pod said:

When the players you put on the park look like a team win or lose.   

Just like they did at Killie, in what was a coherent and encouraging display. WTF happened after that in some games is baffling. Why that game couldn’t be built upon is the worrying thing. Anyway, I agree with your post, and if they play as a team, give a good account of themselves, make some chances and FFS get some shots on goal.... and end up losing to both Hearts and Celtic, so be it, but show some dig and don’t roll over and play dead in a 4-0 or worse gubbing.

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Just like they did at Killie, in what was a coherent and encouraging display. WTF happened after that in some games is baffling. Why that game couldn’t be built upon is the worrying thing. Anyway, I agree with your post, and if they play as a team, give a good account of themselves, make some chances and FFS get some shots on goal.... and end up losing to both Hearts and Celtic, so be it, but show some dig and don’t roll over and play dead in a 4-0 or worse gubbing.

Killie were shite.