Transfer Window Countdown

We will get who we get.

Either way, when this window shuts, we need to drop the agendas, reset our expectations and get behind the team if we want to help them turn the corner. We dont want to make things any harder for the team than it already is.

If we are relegated, then we are relegated but FFS surely we dont want to say that we buckled at the first sign of trouble? We cant criticise the team for not showing bottle and then have 34 more weeks of the sort of knicker wetting pish we've seen on the forum this week.

As for Stubbs, let Gordon deal with that.  Let us concentrate on giving the team our full support.

Show some f**king dignity and class.

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We will get who we get.

Either way, when this window shuts, we need to drop the agendas, reset our expectations and get behind the team if we want to help them turn the corner. We dont want to make things any harder for the team than it already is.

If we are relegated, then we are relegated but FFS surely we dont want to say that we buckled at the first sign of trouble? We cant criticise the team for not showing bottle and then have 34 more weeks of the sort of knicker wetting pish we've seen on the forum this week.

As for Stubbs, let Gordon deal with that.  Let us concentrate on giving the team our full support.

Totally agree.... it's not like the majority of us haven't been through this many many many times before.... whatever happens the diehard Buds will stick with the team painful as it may be.

Let's get behind the team on the park and whoever is on the bench.

I know I'm not there at the ground each week but trust me the joy and pain of being a loyal Buds fan is still is the same

I feel yer pain but ktf  WE ARE ST MIRREN it's who we are and what we do "just saying" :rolleyes:

a wee win would help so pleeeaaaseee :kickass this sat....... and when I say kick ass a 1 Nil win would qualify :thumbs2

here is a question. No players come in tomorrow what would that make you think. Hoping we can stay on topic. 

It would make me think a few things.

1. Alan Stubbs hasn't considered his budget when walking through English non league saying "I want that one!"

2. He also hasn't had sufficient warnings when nearing the limit of his budget (not his fault this one).

3. He has an unbalanced squad

4. He hasn't done enough to gain the trust of the cheque writers.

While I understand the back him or sack him sentiment I also understand that either of those approaches are going to cost us ridiculous amounts of money. He is now in the position Jack was when he signed Stephen McGinn near the end of a transfer window.

Think back. There was a "tick tock" post made about him. People were accusing the club of preparing for league 1 (third tier) football by letting Jason Naismith go. Everything was a shambles etc etc.

Jack sold the boy Mccalister and Naismith and used that money wisely to get us out the shit. He sold players to move forward (actually a common theme). Remember there was uproar about Mccalister going.

Stubbs hasn't been allowed that luxury for a number of reasons, maybe because Jack already sold the sellable assets to get us to where we are.

This was meant as a positive,  if slightly pie in the sky thread. All the negative stuff has been surely covered for just now ? 
Football and St Mirren in particular has got a funny way of supplying you with the unexpected when you're least expecting it.
Yup I can see an equivalent to Gus's Sutton and Adam double or Jack's capturing of McGinn.

He can match Danny's Isma signing......

Oh I've just woken up on a bus in town.

COYS. KTF.

2 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Who is reporting from Asda Phoenix retail park today?  Whoever it is can you keep original with the bull@hit :P

I hear Sir Steven Thompson is considering pulling the boots back on to pay off his impending EBT bill.

We will get who we get.
After years of reading your pish you've finally earned a 'like' well done.

49 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Who is reporting from Asda Phoenix retail park today?  Whoever it is can you keep original with the bull@hit :P

I’ve got a dental appointment out in Johnstone this morning, so I can do a quick circuit around and see if Stubbs is there. Lots of options where he might find a signing, Matalan being prime contender given his record so far. An outside bet being Pets For Us.

I’ll report back. I plan to base myself in the new Greggs outdoor seating area there, armed with a sausage roll and coffee. Will give me sweeping 360 degree views of the complex, so if I see the chunt do so much as buy underpants in George at Asda, I’ll know about it.

Stay tuned. Live updates from 11, hosted by Jim White, live from Arnold Clark Ford.

I posted an extract from this one previous year................ it looks wholly appropriate for this year also :cloud9:

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

Fools, said I, you do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you
But my words, like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

2 hours ago, Hambud said:

It would make me think a few things.

1. Alan Stubbs hasn't considered his budget when walking through English non league saying "I want that one!"

2. He also hasn't had sufficient warnings when nearing the limit of his budget (not his fault this one).

3. He has an unbalanced squad

4. He hasn't done enough to gain the trust of the cheque writers.

While I understand the back him or sack him sentiment I also understand that either of those approaches are going to cost us ridiculous amounts of money. He is now in the position Jack was when he signed Stephen McGinn near the end of a transfer window.

Think back. There was a "tick tock" post made about him. People were accusing the club of preparing for league 1 (third tier) football by letting Jason Naismith go. Everything was a shambles etc etc.

Jack sold the boy Mccalister and Naismith and used that money wisely to get us out the shit. He sold players to move forward (actually a common theme). Remember there was uproar about Mccalister going.

Stubbs hasn't been allowed that luxury for a number of reasons, maybe because Jack already sold the sellable assets to get us to where we are.

When Stubbs was unveiled by GLS the chairman said the club would back Stubbs in the transfer market by letting him sign another 6 or 7 players to add to Kellerman an Paul McGinn who arrived before Stubbs became manager. To date Stubbs has signed 1. Danny Rogers 2. Lee Hodson 3. Hayden Coulson 4. Cole Kpekawa 5. Alfie Jones 6. Josh Heaton 7. Matty Willock 8. Jeff King 9. Cody Cooke 10. Nicholai Brock-Madsen.

Stubbs appears to be greeting like a kid that we still need to add quality and bring more in. GLS and Fitzpatrick are within their rights to ask him would he like to make double the amount of signings agreed when he signed up for the job and to ask him on a progress report on how his first 10 signings are doing.

Stubbs may well be of the view that since Ross Stewart (goalkeeper), Myles Hippolyte, Ross Stewart (striker) and Jim Kellerman have gone out the door that he has only had a net 6 signings so far.  GLS and TF have been as good as their word.

The BoD matched Dundee's offer to Kenny Miller (i.e. a 2 year deal to a 38 year old striker!) but he chose working with Neil McCann over working with Alan Stubbs.

The problem doesn't appear to be with the number of signings or size of budget but with the quality of the 10 (so far) signings Stubbs has made.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy
forgot Kellerman was gone!

As I've just posted over on the Edwards thread (and thought it would be relevant here), the BBC producer and Saints supporter Dougie McNeil has tweeted that he understands there will be no further business unless we ship players out.

McNeil tends to be pretty accurate with Saints related stuff.

Dearie me :toilet

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

When Stubbs was unveiled by GLS the chairman said the club would back Stubbs in the transfer market by letting him sign another 6 or 7 players to add to Kellerman an Paul McGinn who arrived before Stubbs became manager. To date Stubbs has signed 1. Danny Rogers 2. Lee Hodson 3. Hayden Coulson 4. Cole Kpekawa 5. Alfie Jones 6. Josh Heaton 7. Matty Willock 8. Jeff King 9. Cody Cooke 10. Nicholai Brock-Madsen.

Stubbs appears to be greeting like a kid that we still need to add quality and bring more in. GLS and Fitzpatrick are within their rights to ask him would he like to make double the amount of signings agreed when he signed up for the job and to ask him on a progress report on how his first 10 signings are doing.

Stubbs may well be of the view that since Ross Stewart (goalkeeper), Myles Hippolyte, Ross Stewart (striker) and Jim Kellerman have gone out the door that he has only had a net 6 signings so far.  GLS and TF have been as good as their word.

The BoD matched Dundee's offer to Kenny Miller (i.e. a 2 year deal to a 38 year old striker!) but he chose working with Neil McCann over working with Alan Stubbs.

The problem doesn't appear to be with the number of signings or size of budget but with the quality of the 10 (so far) signings Stubbs has made.

You can now add Edwards in to take up Stubbs net signings to 7.

I suspect another goalie to cover for the injured Rodgers (who could go back to Aberdeen) and 2 others in today to take it to 9

These guys are not hitting  the ground running... quality and lack of experience at this level for most of them is a real issue....

Edited by Sweeper07