Transfer Window Countdown

48 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Fitzpatrick is rubbish, he's only got 13 signings over the line in this window eh?

Who signed Kpekewa?  Sorry I am still struggling to believe that any football team would field such a non-footballer let alone pay him money as well.

Astonishing, astonishing indeed

47 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

I'm not judging this window on quantity, we needed better players, don't think anyone doubts that Greg Stewart who we missed out on looks a better option than Brock-Madsen.

We were also after big Itchy who we will see tomorrow, (might have been Ross in for him originally)  Miller, Tony Watt (allegedly) a raft of other proven goal scorers that we couldnt match wages on. And one or more Celtic loans.

there is always a mad dash of bargains up to the final minute from agents who have stuck it out hoping for a better deal, only to have their bluff called. Usually fees involved though, and as our board believe we can compete in this league without giving the manager a transfer budget then we're probably screwed for bringing in a striker?

The people I feel sorry for are the ones who paid for a season ticket all that money thinking they were going to be watching a decent team instead they have got this utter dross someone has a lot to answer for if it was me I would be looking for a refund. 

10 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Stubbs signs them and the board / CEO agree the paperwork with players and agents.

Naw... Stubbzo identifies them, then Tony & perhaps Stubbzo sound them out, then Tony signs them. If there was any player the board didnt want, then they wouldnt sign them!

surely down the years at our club, and most others you've seen the fall out when a signing didnt work out, between the board blaming the manager, then the manager blaming the budget the board gave him, then the player blaming the manager, the manager blaming the player, then the fans blaming everyone?

Erm....yes. Surely the quality part is down to Stubbs if he is the manager. I'd have thought Fitzy's job was mainly to get them over the line, not to judge the quality. That's the manager's job surely?

Erm.... yes. And which quality players that Stubbs identified has Fitzy failed to get over the line?

And do we know all the reasons behind each failure?

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dont think he's started a competitive game yet? That said Mullen will probably have to play till he's 65 to get the same senior career average.

In fairness, one doesn't have the same quality of players around him that the other one had. 

16 minutes ago, elvis said:

The people I feel sorry for are the ones who paid for a season ticket all that money thinking they were going to be watching a decent team instead they have got this utter dross someone has a lot to answer for if it was me I would be looking for a refund. 

People have bought season tickets every year regardless of how good or bad we were.  It's called supporting the team first and foremost. If the team are dross (and there have been more seasons where they have been than not) then we bear it out hoping the club will improve that or the next season.  Some fans retain loyalty and buy a season ticket every year as the club is in their blood.  They don't quit but, instead, tough it out.  They don't go crying for their money back because the team are not successful AFTER 3 league games.  It isn't going as some thought but the Board will take whatever action is required if things don't improve.

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Wonder if McIntyre turned down Falkirk for a reason:whistle

If that's it, I imagine most of us are a bit flat as very little makes sense right now. Something I'm curious about from the Sportscene highlights - there was a shot of AS in the dugout with head in hands. I was reminded of Tony Mowbray the night we beat Celtic 4-0 looking like he knew what was coming - and it did.

I hoped AS might work out and it still might I suppose, but the apparent lack of fight from the team is a big concern and it looks to me like there has been some very frank discussion between board and management. We'll see.