Transfer Window Countdown

43 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We were also after big Itchy who we will see tomorrow, (might have been Ross in for him originally)  Miller, Tony Watt (allegedly) a raft of other proven goal scorers that we couldnt match wages on. And one or more Celtic loans.

there is always a mad dash of bargains up to the final minute from agents who have stuck it out hoping for a better deal, only to have their bluff called. Usually fees involved though, and as our board believe we can compete in this league without giving the manager a transfer budget then we're probably screwed for bringing in a striker?

Do you live in a land of dreams where reality does not exist then wake up to realty. There will be no more signings today. If that is not bad enough Hearts will have a field day down our left flank. 

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Do you live in a land of dreams where reality does not exist then wake up to realty. There will be no more signings today. If that is not bad enough Hearts will have a field day down our left flank. 

Is this the form of reality that insisted Cammy Smith was leaving, then insisted Cammy Smith wasn't leaving..?

didnt think Hearts supporters came on here much. SMTID not St Mirren till July.,

18 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If the alternative is to live in a land where you autonatically believe every conspiracy theory and twitter message as being absolutely true then TBH I think I prefer LPM's view. Never thought I would say that. :D

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If the alternative is to live in a land where you autonatically believe every conspiracy theory and twitter message as being absolutely true then TBH I think I prefer LPM's view. Never thought I would say that. :D

Conspiracy , conspiracy everything is a conspiracy :whistle

8 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

1).  We scraped past Dundee ........win (expected)

2).  were out if sorts against Livi......loss (not expected)

3).  Lost against Rangers .....(loss expected)

4).  Will prob lose against Hearts .....(loss expected)

5).  Will prob lose against Celtic .....(loss expected)

so after 5 games we have 3 points instead of 6, so only one game worse than expected

now after that we will have much easier games and maybe the side will be playing better together, so why the fuss at this point in time? The form book is running to schedule. I'm not in the least bit concerned. Some of you need to cheer up, stop worrying so much and being such miserable buggers. Bad for your health all that angst.

It's not getting beat in these games that's the real problem. It's the manner in which we lost if that does not throw up concerns may I suggest a few less pints before the game. 

10 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

1).  We scraped past Dundee ........win (expected)

2).  were out if sorts against Livi......loss (not expected)

3).  Lost against Rangers .....(loss expected)

4).  Will prob lose against Hearts .....(loss expected)

5).  Will prob lose against Celtic .....(loss expected)

so after 5 games we have 3 points instead of 6, so only one game worse than expected

now after that we will have much easier games and maybe the side will be playing better together, so why the fuss at this point in time? The form book is running to schedule. I'm not in the least bit concerned. Some of you need to cheer up, stop worrying so much and being such miserable buggers. Bad for your health all that angst.

See when u cut that patter out u occassionally make sense

26 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Mullen àverages less than six goals a season

He's 2 ahead of Reilly in the Premiership this season already....

I know you don't rate Mullen and think Reilly is far better. I like many others thing the converse BUT it don't matter - Mullen is our player and should get our support... He already has a better average in the top league than Reilly and he has only played in 3 games... He is not a top top striker, but I believe, given the chance he will snatch many more than 6 this season - I expect 10 +

Like you I think Shanks looks like his attitude is back in the right place and that there is a goal scorer in him - we won't pay 6 figures for him, but if he is a free agent, we should scoop him up on decent wages...

Opinions one thing.. results come out in the wash of time...

Edited by Sweeper07
serious typo mistake not instead of now

He's 2 ahead of Reilly in the Premiership this season already....
I know you don't rate Mullen and think Reilly is far better. I like many others thing the converse BUT it don't matter - Mullen is our player and should get our support... He already has a better average in the top league than Reilly and he has only played in 3 games... He is now a top top striker, but I believe, given the chance he will snatch many more than 6 this season - I expect 10 +
Like you I think Shanks looks like his attitude is back in the right place and that there is a goal scorer in him - we won't pay 6 figures for him, but if he is a free agent, we should scoop him up on decent wages...
Opinions one thing.. results come out in the wash of time...
Actually I like Mullen. But he,s a winger, not a striker. And if he stuck to that instead of trying to be both he, like Morgan would score and create more goals.