Transfer Window Countdown

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’s almost like GLS, Fitzy and Stubbsy sat down and took notes on the best way to fcuk up a Championship winning team and how best to destroy the rapport built up between players and supporters. I know they didn’t do this, but by Christ, it looks like it.

Bet fixing?*

I can’t think of any other explanation....

*disclaimer: I wasn't being (entirely) serious.

Well he's played large parts of career as a winger

Large parts of a 23 year olds career[emoji106]

I think it’s more like he’s filled that role when he’s the best possible/only option available certainly for us and probably Livingston also.

Official website must have it wrong and all other football player profile sites that class him as a forward also lol

25 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Large parts of a 23 year olds careeremoji106.png

I think it’s more like he’s filled that role when he’s the best possible/only option available certainly for us and probably Livingston also.

Official website must have it wrong and all other football player profile sites that class him as a forward also lol

Not sure what the relevance of being 23 is? He's played over 200 senior games.

Your last sentence has you now moving from a "striker" to a "forward"

Mo Salah is a forward. He's also a winger.

Livi supporting mate of mine says Mullen usually played on the wing. He was surprised we were using him as an out and out striker.

Edited by Wendy Saintss

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If we go down, we go down. That's sport for you.

Why is this such a personal disaster for you though?

Why do you spend ur whole life on here if it doesn’t matter. I think if you are a st Mirren supporter you care about being relegated. I will say no more because to do so would only give you oxygen 

18 minutes ago, jonjo said:
6 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

McPherson, Erhahon, Cooke

Is Okeefe still there as last year he played left mid we let him go then brought him back but is he injured or away again?

Still there I believe.  A talented lad in my opinion but needs to be more gallus. 

12 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Why do you spend ur whole life on here if it doesn’t matter. I think if you are a st Mirren supporter you care about being relegated. I will say no more because to do so would only give you oxygen 

Norrie.  Firstly.  I would like us to remain in the Premiership.  But.. The nature of sport is that there are winners and losers.  Sometimes we win (like last season) This season we may lose.  Triumph and disaster are part of the life of Football.  Neither will stop me from following the club.  Had I wanted to chase trophies then I had the option of following one of the big two.  I chose Saints and have never regretted it. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Not sure what the relevance of being 23 is? He's played over 200 senior games.
Your last sentence has you now moving from a "striker" to a "forward"
Mo Salah is a forward. He's also a winger.
Livi supporting mate of mine says Mullen usually played on the wing. He was surprised we were using him as an out and out striker.

Oh ok

Mo salah and your mate has cleared it up now he’s deffo a winger

Just now, Drew said:

Quite possibly.

What happened anyway, you were still quite upbeat a couple of hours ago?

Realisation sunk in that we will have what we have until January.  

If the club don't trust Stubbs to bring in anyone else , they should relieve him of his duties. The fans are being short changed.

27 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Norrie.  Firstly.  I would like us to remain in the Premiership.  But.. The nature of sport is that there are winners and losers.  Sometimes we win (like last season) This season we may lose.  Triumph and disaster are part of the life of Football.  Neither will stop me from following the club.  Had I wanted to chase trophies then I had the option of following one of the big two.  I chose Saints and have never regretted it. 

We didn’t need to be in this position Ricky. It’s 2014 re visited. Unhappy changing room spells disaster and we need to face it our signings have been poor, we are easily got at in games particularly from set plays and physical players . We also have basically no forward players capable of scoring the goals to keep us afloat. I thought the last 18 months was a reward for all the toil under Craig, Murray and Rae it was incredible. Now we face that all over again. I didn’t expect to be cruising it I just thought  we might be able to finish the season having won a few games and as a premier league team. There is no point if you can’t stay in the top league.

Edited by norrie82

Whatever happens between now and midnight the club need to make some sort of post window statement on where they consider we are in terms of squad to compete in this league/progress against any plan and back the manager. If nothing then all I can see is fan resentment that will filter onto the pitch.

Edited by nedflanders123

38 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

You might need to experience some actual difficulty in your real life outside football to appreciate my point about getting some perspective my friend.

It is unthinkable that any management team could believe that the the three forwards that we currently have as signed players can see us through to January. If we don't sign a forward this evening, which is looking unlikely, they must be planning to sign a free agent outside of the window. Otherwise, the likelihood is that they will be out on their arses in the not too distant future.