Transfer Window Countdown

7 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

There is no point if you can’t stay in the top league.

There's the lack of perspective I am talking about.

11 other teams, most of whom have more money to sped on better players believe the same thing. I know that is inconvenient but it's the truth.

It's almost as though you don't know how professional sport works.

There is a difference between being disappointed at being relegated and feeling like ending your life over it.

Perspective.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

It is unthinkable that any management team could believe that the the three forwards that we currently have as signed players can see us through to January. If we don't sign a forward this evening, which is looking unlikely, they must be planning to sign a free agent outside of the window. Otherwise, the likelihood is that they will be out on their arses in the not too distant future.

Maybe we will hear about the marquee signings Stubbs referred to? Yessssss, that's a possibility - not.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It is unthinkable that any management team could believe that the the three forwards that we currently have as signed players can see us through to January. If we don't sign a forward this evening, which is looking unlikely, they must be planning to sign a free agent outside of the window. Otherwise, the likelihood is that they will be out on their arses in the not too distant future.

Don't just need another forward, need an experienced centre half as well, currently our defence is full of weans.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There's the lack of perspective I am talking about.

11 other teams, most of whom have more money to sped on better players believe the same thing. I know that is inconvenient but it's the truth.

It's almost as though you don't know how professional sport works.

There is a difference between being disappointed at being relegated and feeling like ending your life over it.

Perspective.

At what point did I seem like it was life or death ? I watch the team and hope they do well. That’s it for me . I do feel disappointed with what we have at present tho because it’s v poor and it didn’t have to be. I think everyone on here at present feels the same way. I haven’t really been on a lot but it is good to see your still around oaksoft . Seems you spend quite a bit of time on here. Which suggests this is your life . Have a nice night and support the boys tomorrow... no doubt you’ll be there 

11 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

We didn’t need to be in this position Ricky. It’s 2014 re visited. Unhappy changing room spells disaster and we need to face it our signings have been poor, we are easily got at in games particularly from set plays and physical players . We also have basically no forward players capable of scoring the goals to keep us afloat. I thought the last 18 months was a reward for all the toil under Craig, Murray and Rae it was incredible. Now we face that all over again. I didn’t expect to be cruising it I just thought  we might be able to finish the season having won a few games and as a premier league team. There is no point if you can’t stay in the top league.

Am I right in remembering that that is the year that the board let the season come to an end and then announced that they were not renewing Danny's contract.? Went for the cheap option in Craig and the rest followed as you mention.  I wasn't keen on Danny leaving,  nor Craig's appointment.  Thought Murray would do better but had little faith in Rae.  Am I wrong in thinking that each of those had an Old Firm connection... Either Celtic or Rangers.  Is this part of the reason they found both success and winning over the fans so difficult?  I respect your position Norrie and you may well be right but I enjoyed the Championship and  hope to enjoy us playing different opposition and they'll players in Scotland.  After that,  I hope we doing and stay up,  then move on and consolidate.  If not.. Then I will enjoy the Championship.  My take. 

1 minute ago, norrie82 said:

At what point did I seem like it was life or death ? I watch the team and hope they do well. That’s it for me . I do feel disappointed with what we have at present tho because it’s v poor and it didn’t have to be. I think everyone on here at present feels the same way. I haven’t really been on a lot but it is good to see your still around oaksoft . Seems you spend quite a bit of time on here. Which suggests this is your life . Have a nice night and support the boys tomorrow... no doubt you’ll be there 

Yes Norrie. This forum is my ENTIRE life. My God, you have punctured the bubble of my pomposity and struck right at the heart of my problem. How could I have been such a fool not to have seen it before. :lol:

Away and have a beer you twat. :lol:

Try not to jump off something high onto something sharp. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Am I right in remembering that that is the year that the board let the season come to an end and then announced that they were not renewing Danny's contract.? Went for the cheap option in Craig and the rest followed as you mention.  I wasn't keen on Danny leaving,  nor Craig's appointment.  Thought Murray would do better but had little faith in Rae.  Am I wrong in thinking that each of those had an Old Firm connection... Either Celtic or Rangers.  Is this part of the reason they found both success and winning over the fans so difficult?  I respect your position Norrie and you may well be right but I enjoyed the Championship and  hope to enjoy us playing different opposition and they'll players in Scotland.  After that,  I hope we doing and stay up,  then move on and consolidate.  If not.. Then I will enjoy the Championship.  My take. 

I will also enjoy my football regardless of what division we are in.

The day it becomes life or death or causes me to sink into a pit of depression for months on end is the day I take up another hobby.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Yes Norrie. This forum is my ENTIRE life. My God, you have punctured the bubble of my pomposity and struck right at the heart of my problem. How could I have been such a fool not to have seen it before. :lol:

Away and have a beer you twat. :lol:

Try not to jump off something high onto something sharp. :rolleyes:

Ha honestly you couldn’t make it up with you . Enjoy the game tomorrow and stop overreacting . It’s only a game 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Ricky fair play like yourself I go to every game home and away and we go because we love the club. Stubbs will be gone someday and maybe in another 20 years we will have a tom hendrie or jack Ross season to celebrate once more. I’d prefer to have a long run in the premier like Killie have enjoyed. That is actual success on a budget that won’t be huge. 

2 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Ricky fair play like yourself I go to every game home and away and we go because we love the club. Stubbs will be gone someday and maybe in another 20 years we will have a tom hendrie or jack Ross season to celebrate once more. I’d prefer to have a long run in the premier like Killie have enjoyed. That is actual success on a budget that won’t be huge. 

Don't Killie have a sugar Daddy to bankroll them? 

37 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I take it you don’t remember the days of Ronnie McQuilter, Andy Dow, Mark Crilly, Robert Dunn, Martin Hick, Kevin Twaddle, etc

Yes everyone of them are miles better than the shite we have just now. 

Glad you agree

Would be better if you got Danny Mullen to agree also.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2550936/danny-mullen-st-mirren-livingston-john-hartson-lessons-tips-help/

Says John Hartson helped him when he came in to work with the strikers at Livingston.

Also in his buddievision interview says he’s looking forward to coming in to work with Lewis Morgan hopefully Lewis can help set him up to score a few goals strange mentality for a winger talking like a striker.

Most people would get the impression he believes he’s a striker.

But your mate says he’s a winger so he clearly has it wrong.

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Would be better if you got Danny Mullen to agree also.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2550936/danny-mullen-st-mirren-livingston-john-hartson-lessons-tips-help/

Says John Hartson helped him when he came in to work with the strikers at Livingston.

Also in his buddievision interview says he’s looking forward to coming in to work with Lewis Morgan hopefully Lewis can help set him up to score a few goals strange mentality for a winger talking like a striker.

Most people would get the impression he believes he’s a striker.

But your mate says he’s a winger so he clearly has it wrong.

Oh dear! :wacko:

LOL

:1eye

Edited by Wendy Saintss

13 minutes ago, elvis said:

Yes everyone of them are miles better than the shite we have just now. 

That's very poor.

Whatever you think of the players, calling them shite on here is hardly going to advance our cause.

Remember, the new guys didn't sign themselves.