Transfer Window Countdown

7 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The summer of Darren McGregor and Paul McGowan at least and same season Jim Goodwin arrived. Wonder if Stubbs will sign 3 players of that standard this year.

(PS I haven't forgotten how many duds DL signed that season - Sean Lynch from Bo'ness United being a particular favourite).

Sean Lynch was with Falkirk before us.

Falkirk released him at the end of the season and we signed him in early July.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Maybe you better tell Mr Bowie..................

Billy Bowie is the owner and Managing Director of Billy Bowie Special Projects Limited based in Kilmarnock, not far from Rugby Park, but with extensive interests throughout the UK. The company provides a broad range of services and skills to local authorities and industry.

From its origins in 1991 with one vehicle, Billy Bowie Special Projects Limited has grown to own a modern fleet of over 150 specially equipped vehicles and employs over 70 staff locally at Moorfield Industrial Estate, Kilmarnock.

On his new role at the Club Billy had this to say:

At present, I am in the fortunate position that I can help the Club both financially and with my knowledge of the local community and I feel it's the right time to get behind the Club and its supporters. I hope that my involvement can help start a new chapter in the distinguished history of Scotland's oldest professional football club."

I don’t get ur point. Mine is that long before Bowie Kilmarnock returned to the top flight and have stayed there since 1993 when they beat us to promotion. That is success in Scottish football . They maybe now have a wealthy chairman but this was not the case for much of this time. I don’t see ur point mine is that we should strive to be a top flight club for twenty five years not a diddy club which is v much what we have become in this past two months. 

Edited by norrie82

2 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

I don’t get ur point. Mine is that long before Bowie Kilmarnock returned to the top flight and have stayed there since 1993 when they beat us to promotion. That is success in Scottish football . They maybe now have a wealthy chairman but this was not the case for much of this time. I don’t see ur point mine is that we should strive to be a top flight club for twenty five years not a diddy club which is v much what we have become in this past two months. 

Norrie.  They had money pumped into them by the owner of Mays Travel Company (The Barrhead Travel Company of their day)  to the tune of 15 million or more. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Norrie.  They had money pumped into them by the owner of Mays Travel Company (The Barrhead Travel Company of their day)  to the tune of 15 million or more. 

When was this ? 1995? My point is they like Motherwell are clubs of a simelar size yet they have not been outside the top league for years.