Transfer Window Countdown

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

You might need to experience some actual difficulty in your real life outside football to appreciate my point about getting some perspective my friend.

That's very poor, how do you know what difficulties other people on here have had in their life?

Working on the theory that avoiding relegation this season (by any means) will now be a real success, which club fills the role of us hoping that someone is more shite than us? Dundee filling that position for us this time around?

I suspect kenny miller will do them a turn this season. Finishing has been their problem this and last season

3 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Not for the past 25 years they haven’t 

Maybe you better tell Mr Bowie..................

Billy Bowie is the owner and Managing Director of Billy Bowie Special Projects Limited based in Kilmarnock, not far from Rugby Park, but with extensive interests throughout the UK. The company provides a broad range of services and skills to local authorities and industry.

From its origins in 1991 with one vehicle, Billy Bowie Special Projects Limited has grown to own a modern fleet of over 150 specially equipped vehicles and employs over 70 staff locally at Moorfield Industrial Estate, Kilmarnock.

On his new role at the Club Billy had this to say:

At present, I am in the fortunate position that I can help the Club both financially and with my knowledge of the local community and I feel it's the right time to get behind the Club and its supporters. I hope that my involvement can help start a new chapter in the distinguished history of Scotland's oldest professional football club."

29 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Working on the theory that avoiding relegation this season (by any means) will now be a real success, which club fills the role of us hoping that someone is more shite than us? Dundee filling that position for us this time around?

Poza. Choose one from Dundee,  Hamilton,Livingston and ourselves.  Dundee have an investor in place,  Hamilton have a board willing to invest and Livvy have Martindale's cash. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Outside of goalkeeper, do we know what the positions are ? Perhaps we don’t need a left sided midfielder or pacy winger ...

I guess this might be somewhere along the lines I am looking at.  Would be good if someone could list our players showing positions and players for these.

Anybody up to the task? 

Its hard to believe we won the league and Livi were second when you look at how both teams are now.  We are in a total mess. 
Haven't looked at it, but would be interesting to see how our results compared with Livingston over the last quarter. I think they played catch up pretty well over that period. And have carried on the good form.

56 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Its hard to believe we won the league and Livi were second when you look at how both teams are now.  We are in a total mess. 

Ethan.  Our group felt that whilst we preferred the football we played last season rather than Livvy's we felt that our approach was to attack on the basis that whatever number of goals the  opposition scored,  we would score more and we did.  However,  the same approach in the Premiership with the same squad wasn't going to be possible.  Livvy's style was combatitve,  defensive,  depended on scoring on the break or from set pieces (as in the recent game).  We felt that this was likely to be more easily transferred into the premiership. They were theform team towards the end of the season. A lot was and still depends on recruitment.  What we didn't factor in was JR leaving when he did.  Time will tell. 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, Mykey said:

I'm getting nostalgic for the summer of beath, what we wouldn't give for a wardlaw now.

The summer of Darren McGregor and Paul McGowan at least and same season Jim Goodwin arrived. Wonder if Stubbs will sign 3 players of that standard this year.

(PS I haven't forgotten how many duds DL signed that season - Sean Lynch from Bo'ness United being a particular favourite).