Raise the white flag

2 hours ago, Highland Saint said:

I can’t believe the difference since May. It would have been incredible to think we would end up here so quickly.

For me this is pure and simple down to coaching/management style. Craig, Rae and Murray couldn’t crack the formula of getting players to give their all. Jack did and he built an incredible spirit.

His approach was to engage, encourage and even consult the players on how they go forward together. Stubbs has the approach of old days e.g. players are there to be told what to do.

His tactics and signings are clearly an issue but I still think he has to be given more time - he’s on the hook now, he’s had resources and backing and he’s brought in players who have limited playing time and he’s unbalanced the squad capabilities. Given endless time maybe it would work but that’s something we can’t give him.

If your one of the players from last season your simply not enjoying your work as much and it shows. He needs to get them onside and supporting the other players very quickly. In short he needs to change his style to get the best out of the team. I’d like to see him out on the touch line encouraging and guiding the less experienced lads tomorrow because it will be very tough.

Jack didn’t have it easy initially and he said himself that one good result gave him something to build on. I think we are 2-3 wks away from that happening.

Highland. I think you talk a lot of sense. 

Oh that others would follow your lead. 

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Ok so how many points will we get 

Hearts away

Celtic home

Hamilton away

Hibs home

Aberdeen away

Kilmarnock home

St Johnstone away 

Motherwell home and

Rangers home

I’ll say we will get two points 

I'll go for 5 points. 5 straight defeats , followed by Stubbs' sacking ,then 1 point v Killie , 1 v the Fakes and a victory over Motherwell.

1 hour ago, wabuddy said:

Ok we could be in a fix but can you all remember this from Jack Ross

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-st-mirren-manager-jack-9581519

I do remember that. I was at that game and felt we were going to be relegated that day. However, the key difference is, with Jack Ross I could sense a plan emerging. I wasn't on here calling for his head.  All I see at the moment is a total clusterf**k.  Defenders that can't defend (Jack Baird and Paul McGinn expected).  Disenchanted players from last  year and a bizarre recruitment policy.

Yep things are not looking good but could say the same about other clubs round about us. Only 3 games played in the league & some have chucked it already. TBH the 2 worse managers I’ve seen are Hay & Craig & a lot of that was to with their attitude too. I’m not giving in yet plus I’ll still be at every home game. Some really need to step away from last years fairy tail & come back reality. This is not all Stubbs fault, the BOD, players & to an extent Jack Ross should shoulder some of the blame. But as I said it’s only 3 games in.

Oh it’s Hearts today, ah well [emoji6][emoji23][emoji469]

11 hours ago, norrie82 said:

The same Livingston that we couldn’t land a shot on their goal? Aye that one ?? Honestly some people are only able to see things thro the black and white specs. The teams v poor and we lost to a side with half our budget. That’ll do

When the darker days come around it's natural to look for the light. Even if it artificial.

In short. I don't believe anyone on here is foolish enough to think we're in anything but dire straits. 

Some just choose to hope and pray that the old adage of "It's eleven v eleven" comes to our rescue and gain enough points to keep us in the league until a real manager is put in place.

I'm a bit jealous of those who can muster enough enthusiasm to tide them through the tough times.

Me? I'm afraid I'll be a grumpy bassa until we get that chink of light at the end of the tunnel.

Out of that run of games it’s hard to see where the current squad can pick up points. I’d have to say we’ll struggle to win any of the games, I’d bet we end that run with another point and be sitting on 4 points and looking for a new manager. Hope I’m wrong and we somehow click, start improving collectively but on the last three league games it’s hard to see that happening.

No point in resigning ourselves to inevitable relegation this early, despite the way the custodians of the club have conducted their close season business, which might have been OK for another season against Falkirk, Morton et al, but looks woefully short of what is required to have a fighting chance in games against established top flight clubs. Nothing else for it but to get behind the five St Mirren players and six loanee refugees who take to the field each week. I’m still holding onto one thought - it took Jack Ross a good while to get going, he hardly set the heather on fire early doors. The only other thought I’m holding onto is that if Stubbs team put in a really good shift in that LC group game at Killie, then they have it in them, so maybe they can do it again. Other than that, fcuked if I know what else to hold onto, other than a hope Dundee remain pish.

Edited by pozbaird

13 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Hamilton away represents a chance to get a point the rest we will not get much of anything

Hamilton will give this team a doing. You think confidence is low just now just wait until after the next two games when we get slaughtered. No way will we get anything from Accies. 

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

Hamilton will give this team a doing. You think confidence is low just now just wait until after the next two games when we get slaughtered. No way will we get anything from Accies. 

You're in your element this season. 

tenor (1).gif

2 hours ago, elvis said:

And you will either crawl back if we win or go into a prolonged silence. I don't know why you bother.  You make the same morose depressing predictions every week. You would have the Samaritans sectioned.