ROTHERHAM UNITED SUPPORTER HERE

I do see and feel your sense of frustration at Alan Stubbs.

Us at Rotherham were upset by his appointment as we wanted an experienced manager (we turned down Gary Bowyer, Steve Mclaren and Tony Mowbray).

He brought in players who were substandard and the chairman even said he was worried about the new signings. He let both Leon Best and Matt Derbyshire go and took an eternity to bring in the ageing Dexter Blackstock. On a THREE year contract that the chairman had to pay up. He had no connection with the fans. He always sat on the bench during the game and let assistant John Doolan do the talking. There was a huge cheer when he decided to do some managing from the sides. 

He said after his last game that the players are told the same things and dont listen so he is either confusing them or they dont want to know.

We paid him off after 5 months around 350 k and Doolan went too. The team was that bad that next manager Kenny Jacket walked after 5 games.

So yes he is not management or a people person.

14 minutes ago, chez-RUFC said:

Us at Rotherham were upset by his appointment as we wanted an experienced manager (we turned down Gary Bowyer, Steve Mclaren and Tony Mowbray).

He brought in players who were substandard and the chairman even said he was worried about the new signings. He let both Leon Best and Matt Derbyshire go and took an eternity to bring in the ageing Dexter Blackstock. On a THREE year contract that the chairman had to pay up. He had no connection with the fans. He always sat on the bench during the game and let assistant John Doolan do the talking. There was a huge cheer when he decided to do some managing from the sides. 

He said after his last game that the players are told the same things and dont listen so he is either confusing them or they dont want to know.

We paid him off after 5 months around 350 k and Doolan went too. The team was that bad that next manager Kenny Jacket walked after 5 games.

I find it astonishing that our chairman seems to have overlooked the utter shambles that Stubbs left in his wake at Rotherham. He’s now repeating the same mistakes with a striking similarity with us. There is no doubt that he’s completely useless at managing football clubs, and that he should go back to work in the media before he completely ruins our club.

Hi chez,

I was surprised that an English Championship club even approached Stubbs. He was let off the hook at Hibs because he ended their 100+ year wait of a Scottish Cup title (Hibs were the butt of all Scottish Cup jokes until this success).

Truth of the matter is while that Cup win was very welcome, he had two attempts to get Hibernian up from the Scottish Championship and he failed. The first defence to this is that it was the same time Hearts and Sevco 2012 were in there. However, Hearts blew away that league in style in the first season, finishing 21 points clear of Hibs in 2nd. Hibs should have been looking to fight a good battle with what was a young Hearts team recovering from financial difficulty. The next season seen Sevco 2012 take the title, but Hibs had the playoffs at their mercy. They were defeated by Falkirk though. One of Scotland's 5 biggest clubs would need a third attempt at exiting the second tier.

This is why I couldn't believe an English Championship side thought he was a good option. The Hibs form alone had me worried about hiring him, never mind the Rotherham form.

This was always going to be a tough season. Lewis Morgan was heading to Celtic (they signed him in Jan but on the condition we would get him back on loan immediately). Harry Davis at CB stated personal reasons for returning to England. Our top scorer Gavin Reilly was fannying about with the contract offer. But the one thing our previous man in charge had done was begin the clearout needed to make space for new additions, while the players who remained shared special memories of last season and had unity between them. Our signings have consisted of English non-league players, loanees. some of whom have never played a first team game, and others who are not an improvement on what we already had. Not one signing stands out as a player that makes you go "Wow, what a good signing". The closest to that is a young LB on loan from Middlesbrough, but with it being his first slice of proper action, he does get left exposed defensively, and has no one else in defence who can guide him with their experience.

I would love to see him cast these concerns aside and prove that my worries were unnecessary. But when you go four games running where it's over before the half time whistle, faith can fade fast. And now the transfer window is shut, you know we are stuck with this squad. It's hard to believe we celebrated a title four months ago.

1 hour ago, chez-RUFC said:

Is Rotherham so dull you need to join this forum? :lol:

9 hours ago, bender rodriguez said:

The guy has come on to our forum to offer an insight and ur giving him grief you really are an an oddball faraway ! How was Arbroath brechin  u tcheuter creep !

I'm hurt..................tcheuter, what is this? :lol:

If you're going to have a half arsed attempt at a pop at least get the spelling right.

Arbroath v Brechin was decent, thanks for asking. 

Teuchter
Teuchter is a Lowland Scots word originally used to describe a Scottish Highlander, in particular a Gaelic-speaking Highlander. Like most such cultural epithets, it can be seen as offensive, but is often seen as amusing by the speaker.

12 hours ago, chez-RUFC said:

Chez McKenzie go fund page was first set up by “Martin Evans” to raise £50k to relieve Stubbs of his duties  

The same go fund me page is now aiming for £2k to “Cure my mum of cancer using alternative medicines.”

22 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

Get Stuffed & Talk F**kinshit......... :P

Thanks for that insight chez-RUFC. Not very reassuring I agree but we still need to get behind Alan at least until Christmas. My understanding is that the Rotherham fans like the Saints fans did not give him the support from day one. Reap what you sow maybe. Eh?

Got to agree on the "reap what you sow" comment. Inadvertently, Saints fans might just be in the process of following suit. I find it odd that a Rotherham fan cares about St Mirren and is driven by a desire to "put us right" on Alan Stubbs. The Internet is an alternative universe at times.