Give Alan Stubbs A Chance

shull

Just watched a recording of today's Match from BBC Alba.

Wasn't great.

But not the worst St Mirren performance that I have ever seen.

Plenty worse than that , early 1970's, through the 1990's and the early 2000's.

The Transfer Window is shut.

We have our Squad.

Let Stubbs, Rice and Jackson get on with it.

Might just need one good performance to get some confidence.

At least, give them a go at it till December/January.

14 minutes ago, shull said:

Wasn't great.

We have our Squad.

Why not send that to our BOD.Let us know what they say :huh:

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Board of Directors.... eh ur post 

So you can write in English and reply properly to a post sometimes.

Why do I need to send it ?

It's here if they want to read it.

Anyway, I didn't start the thread specifically for them.

You got your sectarian half n half scarf looked out for later today ?

2 hours ago, shull said:

Wasn't great.

We have our Squad.

Am with you Shull January it is, al phone G S in the morning

He must be given a chance, it’s not been good so far but sacking him after 4 league games would be crazy IMO. 

Hopefully he can sort out the defence as we’ve got some decent players in front of them. 

If I were GLS I wouldn’t be hitting the panic button just yet, I’d evaluate at the end of November and make a decision. Unless there is some sort of time period where we can get rid of him on the cheap. 

He must be given a chance, it’s not been good so far but sacking him after 4 league games would be crazy IMO. 
Hopefully he can sort out the defence as we’ve got some decent players in front of them. 
If I were GLS I wouldn’t be hitting the panic button just yet, I’d evaluate at the end of November and make a decision. Unless there is some sort of time period where we can get rid of him on the cheap. 
Sorry Davie got to disagree. It is not just the league. Look at the Spartans game. No more than a decent pub team. And Queens Park. We were dire in those games as well. His recruitment has been woeful.

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Somebody get a hold of your password Dave ?

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Too many peroni’s mate. :lol:

The sooner we get rid, the more chance his replacement will have to arrest the decline.

It is the new man who needs a chance.

Stubbs has had his, and blown it. As I posted yesterday, I have no desire to see him being subjected to increasingly vitriolic abuse from the stands as the week pass. I have even less desire to see my club on its arse any longer than it has to be.

Agree Shull. He followed  a Club Saint and inherited a Poisoned Chalice in a squad that had been considered not fit for purpose in the top league.  He has had to appoint a management team and source players in a shortened period and deal with a few Prima Donnas. He is criticised for trying to play football, rather than close up shop whilst JR was lionised for doing the same in the lower league. Confused?  So am I.  Ex Old Firm players who have become managers here are not well received it seems,  nor have they been too successful  Hay,  Craig,  Murray and Rae come to mind.  Hoped  to reach 7th or 8th at best and hope for 9th or 10th at worst. We are 3 points off 5th but currently sit second bottom on goal difference. Give the guy a break.  Give him till January at least. 

Edited by St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Give the guy a break.  Give him till January at least. 

No chance , I can assure you he won't be here by then , it's down to whether Scott girds his loins and bags him now , or waits for the inevitable hammerings coming up and bags him then.  There's no time like the present !

3 hours ago, davidg said:

That apart from McGinn is his first pick defence

They aren't good enough gifting goals every game

As you said all our decent players are in midfield

He wasted his budget all in the one area where we are well covered and neglected the 2 others

Your signings determine your ability as a manager

Not my words but Alex Ferguson's

Agree Shull. He followed  a Club Saint and inherited a Poisoned Chalice in a squad that had been considered not fit for purpose in the top league.  He has had to appoint a management team and source players in a shortened period and deal with a few Prima Donnas. He is criticised for trying to play football, rather than close up shop whilst JR was lionised for doing the same in the lower league. Confused?  So am I.  Ex Old Firm players who have become managers here are not well received it seems,  nor have they been too successful  Hay,  Craig,  Murray and Rae come to mind.  Hoped  to reach 7th or 8th at best and hope for 9th or 10th at worst. We are 3 points off 5th but currently sit second bottom on goal difference. Give the guy a break.  Give him till January at least. 

Got to respectfully disagree Ricky with the poisoned chalice term, these boys just won a league, some intelligent early to mid window signings to augment the winning team would have clearly been better than what we have now. Obviously hindsight is a wonderful thing but we are in big trouble here and the teams will be queuing up to give us a pasting.

I unfortunately don’t have the answers but if we carry on like this we are doomed!!

3 hours ago, davidg said:

pretty much how I feel , its not as if he,s had a massive budget at his disposal , and its not as if we can get rid of him on the cheap , was not overly exited with the prospect of him being manager , but now that we,ve got him we need to give him a chance .