Give Alan Stubbs A Chance

shull

34 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Dundee have been top league a good few years now and United flopping makes them diff. Bairns are bottom of championship with 0 pts. We are just off league title. So stick by it.  A few on here are dreadful supporters....  with thousands and thousands of posts.... 

Irrelevant m'lud.

4 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I can only speak for myself, i try to be reasonable when it comes to giving the manger a chance but my gut feeling is telling me there will be no improvement while Stubbs is the manager. Like others, i care too much about my team to accept what's going on but ultimately, it's GS and TF's call.

Given that GS is now back in the country that will be sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Ayrshire. I was / am a fan of Jack Ross. I guess we all were. My point is that he was a difficult act to follow for any manager but even more so in the circumstances involved. ..coming off the back of a season where he saved the club from relegation and followed it up with  a Title Win. Then goes and leaves after vascilating for a few weeks. Unless I was unemployed as a manager, I wouldn't have touched the job and I am a Saint Mirren Fan. Those we considered seriously fell into the unemployed category. Stubbs has a difficult job to do against the backdrop of JR and the step up to the Premiership. It's all about opinions.  I don't know how good a manager he might turn out to be at the club. We certainly won't if we cut him adrift or allow players to dictate to the club or play to the gallery. Only my opinion.  I could be wrong...it's certainly been the case before.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Ayrshire. I was / am a fan of Jack Ross. I guess we all were. My point is that he was a difficult act to follow for any manager but even more so in the circumstances involved. ..coming off the back of a season where he saved the club from relegation and followed it up with  a Title Win. Then goes and leaves after vascilating for a few weeks. Unless I was unemployed as a manager, I wouldn't have touched the job and I am a Saint Mirren Fan. Those we considered seriously fell into the unemployed category. Stubbs has a difficult job to do against the backdrop of JR and the step up to the Premiership. It's all about opinions.  I don't know how good a manager he might turn out to be at the club. We certainly won't if we cut him adrift or allow players to dictate to the club or play to the gallery. Only my opinion.  I could be wrong...it's certainly been the case before.

I accept that view but ti describe the job as a poisoned chalice is nonsense. We were in the best shape for a while despite losing Morgan and Davis. It was a decent opportunity to build Imo even more so given the backing financially. It looks like an opportunity wasted at the moment.

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I accept that view but ti describe the job as a poisoned chalice is nonsense. We were in the best shape for a while despite losing Morgan and Davis. It was a decent opportunity to build Imo even more so given the backing financially. It looks like an opportunity wasted at the moment.

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We were great in the Championship but I believe and said so that I agreed with JR that, without 7 or more new and experienced players then we would struggle in the Premiership. That was before Davis confirmed he was leaving. To take over from such a popular manager in the circumstances and timing involved was a big ask.  Yes,  we were in a good position financially but so are teams like Hamilton, Motherwell,  Livvy, St Johnstone and Dundee (new investm not).  Alan Stubbs has picked up the challenge. He deserves time and support to see how he does. But..I can't call it either way right now.

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Dundee have been top league a good few years now and United flopping makes them diff. Bairns are bottom of championship with 0 pts. We are just off league title. So stick by it.  A few on here are dreadful supporters....  with thousands and thousands of posts.... 

We are just off league title? Eh? 

Maybe you are right, if we give him time he'll do a good job. I mean, he's done OK so far, apart from everything that's happened. 

Questions should be asked but the big thing here ,  time is everything. to loose 4 goals in the first half is worrying, to not have one shoot on target against Livingston is worrying, to play amateur Spartans and not win at home is disgraceful, to play amateur Queens Park who competed could say the better team is shocking. To play 10 man Rangers and still loose embarrassing. To have so many players with first team football in the premiership is just naive negligence. FFS wake up before it's too late. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Steve Clark was binned by both WBA & Reading, he's not doing too bad at Killie.

To use a managers previous as the be all and end all is rather foolish.

Just saying. 

Got to agree F Man.  A guide,  yes but not a rule.  Derek McInnes is doing OK.  Brendan Rodgers is doing OK. 

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I can only speak for myself, i try to be reasonable when it comes to giving the manger a chance but my gut feeling is telling me there will be no improvement while Stubbs is the manager. Like others, i care too much about my team to accept what's going on but ultimately, it's GS and TF's call.

A manger I'd give till Christmas. our so called manager, not so much.