Give Alan Stubbs A Chance

shull

43 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I will be unimpressed if the board sack a manager 4 league games into a 3 year contract, having seemingly lost faith in him well before this point. I will also have little faith in them striking it lucky with their next appointment. It's a huge mess already, and will get no tidier with an early sacking, unless we have someone better lined up to come in.

That is my worry too, an expensive pay off followed by another poor appointment and that's the McGinn money gone. I see no point in sacking Stubbs (and his team?) before mid-November when if we do go for the Apocalyptic Option the new guy would have December to assess the squad before the next window opens. We're still better off than we were at this stage in DLs  last  season. :zipit

23 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

I think the post from the Rotherham fan says it all really. The similarities are scary.  

Any old lag in our price range would/will have a failure or two on his CV - how many of the Stubbsy Must Go crowd are being wise after the event?

Things have gone pear-shaped since the Dundee game but I've yet to be convinced that sacking Stubbs is the best option. On the signings front Ryan Edwards has plenty of top flight experience as does failed target Kenny Miller so maybe Stubbsy's learned a bit.

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

That is my worry too, an expensive pay off followed by another poor appointment and that's the McGinn money gone. I see no point in sacking Stubbs (and his team?) before mid-November when if we do go for the Apocalyptic Option the new guy would have December to assess the squad before the next window opens. We're still better off than we were at this stage in DLs  last  season. :zipit

Any old lag in our price range would/will have a failure or two on his CV - how many of the Stubbsy Must Go crowd are being wise after the event?

Things have gone pear-shaped since the Dundee game but I've yet to be convinced that sacking Stubbs is the best option. On the signings front Ryan Edwards has plenty of top flight experience as does failed target Kenny Miller so maybe Stubbsy's learned a bit.

Contracts nowadays have various clauses in them to protect both parties. I would be really surprised if we would have to pay a hefty sum to get rid. 

7 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:
33 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

But it's not the failure that's scary Bud it's the similarities of that failure. It's as if he'd learned nothing from it.

2 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Contracts nowadays have various clauses in them to protect both parties. I would be really surprised if we would have to pay a hefty sum to get rid. 

It's going to be an expensive mistake, I think we'd be foolish to think otherwise.

If Stubbs goes, Jackson goes. I'd imagine it will be into six figures (combined) to get shot of both this early into their contracts.

Just now, div said:

It's going to be an expensive mistake, I think we'd be foolish to think otherwise.

If Stubbs goes, Jackson goes. I'd imagine it will be into six figures to get shot of both this early into their contracts.

Balances off with Compensation for JR and JF. 

2 minutes ago, div said:

If Stubbs goes, Jackson goes. I'd imagine it will be into six figures (combined) to get shot of both this early into their contracts.

A price worth paying.

4 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Will be to allow the management and team time to build success then all the doubters can look back and perhaps admit they dived in too soon with threads like this one.

:blink:

Build success? He hasn't even laid the foundations, FFS.

His tea's oot!

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:46 AM, shull said:

Just watched a recording of today's Match from BBC Alba.

Wasn't great.

But not the worst St Mirren performance that I have ever seen.

Plenty worse than that , early 1970's, through the 1990's and the early 2000's.

The Transfer Window is shut.

We have our Squad.

Let Stubbs, Rice and Jackson get on with it.

Might just need one good performance to get some confidence.

At least, give them a go at it till December/January.

GORDONS SAYS ................................

Image result for gordon scott st mirren  NAH !!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, div said:

There will be no shortage of applications for the job.

This "trigger happy board" has never yet sacked a single manager.

I don't doubt that. Getting in applicants so good that it is worth canning a guy after 4 league games is a different ballgame altogether.

Sacking someone after 4 league matches into a 3 year contract would be the very definition of a trigger happy board.

I am not sure Alex Rae would agree with your last sentence.

12 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

At the risk of getting challenged to a square go with the f**kin mood you’re in..... you said “this trigger happy board haven’t sacked a single manager “

AYE THEY HUV emoji13.png

NAW THEY HUVNAE!

Rae was never a manager.

Which means they'll still not have done so once they rid us of AS. :D

Edited by stlucifer

2 hours ago, div said:

They didn't appoint Rae.

That's neither here nor there.

They did sack him and they did it pretty quickly once they got into power.

Anyway, it is beginning to look like the pack have got their way over this and we'll be looking at a new manager.

I genuinely hope it turns out to be worth jumping the gun so early.

One thing is for sure. The next guy will probably get until perhaps January or February to sort things out unless things go even worse than they are now.

I can't remember how long Jack Ross got before fans starting getting on his back.

I remember people wanting him gone before Christmas.

On 9/2/2018 at 1:04 PM, StanleySaint said:

As I said on one of the match threads my issue is that as an acomplished defender he can't coach his players to defend for ghe first 20 mins and at least get us a foothold in games, added to that now is his willingness to criticise his players in public but not accept any personal responsibility for any failings makes his chances of forming a team in a team game very difficult. I don't know the answer but he needs to do something to get the players playing for him or it is only a matter of time until he is gone.

Have to agree with you here, I would have expected a class defender to a) bring in a mixture of youth and experience and b) be better organised than at present

6 hours ago, Drew said:

I want him to go before he gets that level of abuse.

He is on a hiding to nothing, mate, and I don't believe that there is the remotest chance of him turning things around.

It's a Tommy Craig type scenario all over again. Woeful recruitment, baffling tactics (or absence thereof), apparent unrest within the player group and possibly beyond, and a manager who seems unable to take responsibility for his own role in all of the above.

It can only end one way, and the sooner the better for all involved.

Yes; one might have a degree of sympathy if he took responsibility for those he signed they were in the main his choices, however too many of them are just not ready for this league  ..shame.