Stubbs Sacked

Drew

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Definitely one of the most embarrassing episodes in the clubs history.

Taking Stubbs out the equation here. Cause I and many others didn’t think he was the right man for the job at the time, but that’s beside the point.

What’s happened here is the club has went through a lengthy and apparently thorough recruitment process in the summer. Four managers made final interview and then one was picked.

We then get through the league cup group stage for the first time ever and beat Dundee in our first game. We then have expected losses at Ibrox and Pittodrie.

Essentially he’s been sacked because one game, the home loss to Livingston. There can be no other reason. If he wins that we’d be in the top six and he couldn’t be sacked.

What message does that send out? If the next manager loses 3 of his first 4 games (as is pretty likely looking at the fixtures) will he be sacked too?

I think who comes out of this whole sorry episode looking the worst isn’t Stubbs. It’s Scott, Fitzpatrick and the rest of the board.

If they’re going to give a manager (any manager) a 3 year deal in June you can’t be sacking him less than 3 months later.

Both Fitzpatrick and Scott should seriously be considering their positions this evening. By sacking Stubbs they’ve done nothing else but admit their complete incompetence when it comes to running a football club and recruiting managers. How can we as a club trust them to appoint the next one?

Sack the board.

Start a thread :whistle

23 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

Maybe the right call, maybe not. I don’t know and respect to everyone’s opinions for and against.
Can’t help but think how this reflects on the club.
Three of the last four managers have been a disaster.... the successful one couldn’t get out quick enough.
Historically when we are on the cusp of something good our club has a terrible tendency to self combust.
I know Stubbs clearly got wrong, the board have a lot to answer for.....
So to the next chapter

Excellent post. 

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Taking Stubbs out the equation here. Cause I and many others didn’t think he was the right man for the job at the time, but that’s beside the point.

What’s happened here is the club has went through a lengthy and apparently thorough recruitment process in the summer. Four managers made final interview and then one was picked.

We then get through the league cup group stage for the first time ever and beat Dundee in our first game. We then have expected losses at Ibrox and Pittodrie.

Essentially he’s been sacked because one game, the home loss to Livingston. There can be no other reason. If he wins that we’d be in the top six and he couldn’t be sacked.

What message does that send out? If the next manager loses 3 of his first 4 games (as is pretty likely looking at the fixtures) will he be sacked too?

I think who comes out of this whole sorry episode looking the worst isn’t Stubbs. It’s Scott, Fitzpatrick and the rest of the board.

If they’re going to give a manager (any manager) a 3 year deal in June you can’t be sacking him less than 3 months later.

Both Fitzpatrick and Scott should seriously be considering their positions this evening. By sacking Stubbs they’ve done nothing else but admit their complete incompetence when it comes to running a football club and recruiting managers. How can we as a club trust them to appoint the next one?

Sack the board.

There was more to things than that , recruitment and morale being only two , He just wasn't the guy for the job the Rotherham situation couldn't have been taken in to consideration IMO.

18 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Oh well, now that's he's gone I can reveal that the reason he lost the dressing room was this...

Apparently he told the players they might as well throw their league winners medals in the bin because last season they were a one-man team (Lewis Morgan) and now he was gone.

Isn't there a bell end that posts on here that keeps saying that? :lol:

The signs weren’t right from the beginning.  First media interviews and he never mentioned the words St Mirren, choosing instead to reference Brendan, Stevie G and Hibs.  I just got the impression that he didn’t want to be here.  As for his recruitment it was abysmal and leaves the next guy with a big job to do.

One thing I will say about this whole farce is the club had a massive culture problem with how much information from within the club is leaked. Any sign of trouble you have 8 different people coming out from sources in the know.

I'd agree with that. Said as much a week ago.

It's good to be close to the players when the times are good but when the times are bad it's all a bit too close for my liking.

26 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I know McIntyre is probably going to be the new boss but for feck sake only make it until the end of the season initially , or until the first Sunday in November dependent on results:whistle

Some how I don't think so.  Only my opinion.

24 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Oh well, now that's he's gone I can reveal that the reason he lost the dressing room was this...

Apparently he told the players they might as well throw their league winners medals in the bin because last season they were a one-man team (Lewis Morgan) and now he was gone.

Without the full context, this is meaningless. It could easily have been an attempt at banter misinterpreted by others.

You should never trust anyone fully on stuff like this.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

There was more to things than that , recruitment and morale being only two , He just wasn't the guy for the job the Rotherham situation couldn't have been taken in to consideration IMO.

Indeed.

TC is even more deluded than his posts suggest if he thinks the dismissal was down to one game.

However, he is correct that it is rather embarrassing that Stubbs was appointed in the first place.

If McIntyre does get the gig an is a success, I'll be first to admit that I was wrong.

Although I have heard another name being mentioned as our new manager.

Edited by FTOF

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Please tell me that you don't really think this.

Of course there can be numerous other reasons why he would be sacked, and I suspect that several apply in this context.

This wasn't just about the results of football matches, much less one match. If you genuinely believe anything else, you are beyond hope.

As it goes, I think you are trolling. Poorly.

Sack the board.
It is quite clearly not based purely on results.

6 minutes ago, Hambud said:
24 minutes ago, Drew said:
Seriously?

I'd heard that too. No idea of the truth though.

FFS - absolutely staggering if true. Why would anyone make something like that up, though, unless they have a serious grudge against the man.

Just now, ulysses said:

Not signing a single player that can play on the left side of midfield is a sackable offence in itself really.

Indeed. I described it as indefensible earlier. I'd like to hear someone trying to defend it.

Whoever from the club leaked this information (directly or indirectly) to Stewart Gilmour this morning will be regretting the error of their judgement.
Hopefully this is sorted out by GLS & Co so that there is not a repetition of this breach of confidence in the future.
Begs the question why would SG feel the need to act the big man revealing information.

He's not a nieve wee guy posting on a website needing to prove be ITK.