Stubbs Sacked

Drew

27 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Oh well, now that's he's gone I can reveal that the reason he lost the dressing room was this...

Apparently he told the players they might as well throw their league winners medals in the bin because last season they were a one-man team (Lewis Morgan) and now he was gone.

No harm in copying from the best.

This has all been a sorry mess. After Neilson and Goodwin ruled themselves out (not that I was that fussed about the latter), Stubbs seemed the best of those available. It's gone horrendously wrong and there don't seem to be any positives to take from games that you can cling on to. That was the same in the final days of Rae, Craig, Murray etc and if the board think it's passed the point of no return then probably best acting now. They got the decision right to bin Rae and appoint Ross so I'm prepared to cut them some slack.

Sadly, I think we'll end up with McIntyre - who, just a few months ago, the board felt was a poorer option than Stubbs. Really not convinced about him, but can't think who we'll realistically get that's better.

No doubt we'll get a load of flak from all the media types. I look forward to the first one claiming Stubbs had a limited budget considering he spent £75k on a centre half he didn't play before he got injured.

10 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I have no idea - I am not ITK and if I was, I would like to think I would be a bit more discreet than those involved in this sad episode.

So you are guessing that the rumours that SG referred to were direct from the Club and not from someone that knows Jim McIntyre. 

Start a thread :whistle
Are you going to the games? We were lucky against Dundee. We were comprehensively beaten by Aberdeen and comprehensively beaten by 10 man Rangers, even with 10 men. Comprehensively beaten by livi who took the piss out of us. Comprehensively beaten by hearts who had 30 shots against us. It took us a series of penalty kicks against lesser opponents to get out of cup and nearly blew that. I said he'd be gone by Halloween as I believed we were on a run of 6 straight defeats after the livi performance looking at the fixtures. I don't see your point if to go on losing under stubbs somehow improves our standing as a club.

Please tell me that you don't really think this.
Of course there can be numerous other reasons why he would be sacked, and I suspect that several apply in this context.
This wasn't just about the results of football matches, much less one match. If you genuinely believe anything else, you are beyond hope.
As it goes, I think you are trolling. Poorly.

So you’re saying he would have been sacked had we currently been on six points, and in sixth place above Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen?

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Sadly, I think we'll end up with McIntyre - who, just a few months ago, the board felt was a poorer option than Stubbs.

Yeah but presumably, at the interview stage, Stubbs dazzled the BoD with fantastic tales of all the Everton U23s that were heading our way.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

So you’re saying he would have been sacked had we currently been on six points, and in sixth place above Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen?

From what I've heard, the answer to your questions is "yes".

Edited by FTOF

FFS - absolutely staggering if true. Why would anyone make something like that up, though, unless they have a serious grudge against the man.
Who knows. I guess it could be misinterpreted. It could maybe be Stubbs way of saying 'right guys this is what the press are saying go out there and prove them wrong'.

I definitely got the impression he used the 'tough love' approach with the players but they were all used to having a good one to one relationship with JR.

1 minute ago, buddygreat said:
17 minutes ago, DougJamie said:
Start a thread :whistle

Are you going to the games? We were lucky against Dundee. We were comprehensively beaten by Aberdeen and comprehensively beaten by 10 man Rangers, even with 10 men. Comprehensively beaten by livi who took the piss out of us. Comprehensively beaten by hearts who had 30 shots against us. It took us a series of penalty kicks against lesser opponents to get out of cup and nearly blew that. I said he'd be gone by Halloween as I believed we were on a run of 6 straight defeats after the livi performance looking at the fixtures. I don't see your point if to go on losing under stubbs somehow improves our standing as a club.

Calm down..... yes are u. I was referring to sacking the BOD. In my eyes thats one poor appt and one good one. GS doesnt mess about

From what I've heard., the answer to your questions is "yes".

If that is the case then this is an even more worrying situation than I thought.

Essentially the board are saying it doesn’t matter about results, if you’re not our mate and doing as we say you’re out?

If we had won at Tynecastle, gonezo too? At what point had the leaky board decided he was going?

1 minute ago, magnus said:

So you are guessing that the rumours that SG referred to were direct from the Club and not from someone that knows Jim McIntyre. 

I was not "guessing" anything.

If you re-read my post you will note I said "directly or indirectly".

It has to be one or the other - guessing does not come into it.

Let's remember last season fondly. It was great. We had a charasmatic and successful young manager.  He acted swiftly at the end of last season and cleared the decks to bring in new and more experienced level to meet the demands of the next level up. We wete on a collective high. Then lightning struck..Ipswich and then Sunderland came calling and JR moved on leaving chaos in his wake. (Good luck to Jack by the way).

The board then sought to recruit a new manager and the list of applicants was extensive and exotic . One or two withdrew. The board (as is right) interviewed a number and selected Alan Stubbs and felt confident enough to give him a 3 year contract. Now Alan is not Jack Ross Mark 2. There is no Jack Ross Mark 2. Fans, still reeling from the summers events are split on the appointment  (we will never all agree on one). We go further in the League Cup than last season.  We are 3 points off 5th place and the manager is sacked after 4 games.  

Worse is the almost unremitting negativity aimed towards the man on the forum and social media and the "leaks" from players and who knows who else.

I can handle the board making a mistake.  I can handle the manager being sacked but for goodness sake let people retain their dignity and maintain our own and our reputation as fans and as a club as a decent and family orientated club.

Best wishes to whoever comes in and to Alan Stubbs in future.

40 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Oh well, now that's he's gone I can reveal that the reason he lost the dressing room was this...

Apparently he told the players they might as well throw their league winners medals in the bin because last season they were a one-man team (Lewis Morgan) and now he was gone.

Utter shite. Ur pal just watched The Damned United... 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Was he pushed or did he jump, no mention of the nature of the 'parting company'.  At least it wasn't a 'conscious uncoupling' like the twat who whines with Coldplay and gwyneth paltrow,  mother of their fruit inspired weans

I was told the exact same through a player from last season.

Just now, TopCat said:

If that is the case then this is an even more worrying situation than I thought.

Essentially the board are saying it doesn’t matter about results, if you’re not our mate and doing as we say you’re out?

If we had won at Tynecastle, gonezo too? At what point had the leaky board decided he was going?

:lol:

But then again you like a good troll, when you don't get your own way.:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Let's remember last season fondly. It was great. We had a charasmatic and successful young manager.  He acted swiftly at the end of last season and cleared the decks to bring in new and more experienced level to meet the demands of the next level up. We wete on a collective high. Then lightning struck..Ipswich and then Sunderland came calling and JR moved on leaving chaos in his wake. (Good luck to Jack by the way).

The board then sought to recruit a new manager and the list of applicants was extensive and exotic . One or two withdrew. The board (as is right) interviewed a number and selected Alan Stubbs and felt confident enough to give him a 3 year contract. Now Alan is not Jack Ross Mark 2. There is no Jack Ross Mark 2. Fans, still reeling from the summers events are split on the appointment  (we will never all agree on one). We go further in the League Cup than last season.  We are 3 points off 5th place and the manager is sacked after 4 games.  

Worse is the almost unremitting negativity aimed towards the man on the forum and social media and the "leaks" from players and who knows who else.

I can handle the board making a mistake.  I can handle the manager being sacked but for goodness sake let people retain their dignity and maintain our own and our reputation as fans and as a club as a decent and family orientated club.

Best wishes to whoever comes in and to Alan Stubbs in future.

That bit in bold is the worst part of this for me too.

Absolutely no class from those who leaked anything negative about our club regardless of how they felt.

Every single one of them can f**k right off.