Stubbs Sacked

Drew

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I was not "guessing" anything.

If you re-read my post you will note I said "directly or indirectly".

It has to be one or the other - guessing does not come into it.

Not trying to wind you up Bud. The point I am trying to make is that SG's tweet indicates that he is very pally indeed with "Jim and Billy" so the leak to SG might have come from that source as opposed to our Bod.

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

So you’re saying he would have been sacked had we currently been on six points, and in sixth place above Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen?

Every chance, yes, based on what I understand has been happening at the club.

Do you seriously believe that he has been sacked, with the expense and everything else that involves, on the basis of one result? That match was symptomatic of a much deeper malaise, and Stubbs appears to have been at the root of that.

He had to go, and Jackson with him.

24 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Definitely one of the most embarrassing episodes in the clubs history.

Taking Stubbs out the equation here. Cause I and many others didn’t think he was the right man for the job at the time, but that’s beside the point.

What’s happened here is the club has went through a lengthy and apparently thorough recruitment process in the summer. Four managers made final interview and then one was picked.

We then get through the league cup group stage for the first time ever and beat Dundee in our first game. We then have expected losses at Ibrox and Pittodrie.

Essentially he’s been sacked because one game, the home loss to Livingston. There can be no other reason. If he wins that we’d be in the top six and he couldn’t be sacked.

What message does that send out? If the next manager loses 3 of his first 4 games (as is pretty likely looking at the fixtures) will he be sacked too?

I think who comes out of this whole sorry episode looking the worst isn’t Stubbs. It’s Scott, Fitzpatrick and the rest of the board.

If they’re going to give a manager (any manager) a 3 year deal in June you can’t be sacking him less than 3 months later.

Both Fitzpatrick and Scott should seriously be considering their positions this evening. By sacking Stubbs they’ve done nothing else but admit their complete incompetence when it comes to running a football club and recruiting managers. How can we as a club trust them to appoint the next one?

Sack the board.

I am not sure if you have been to these games? I think if you had then it would be apparent that it wasn’t just the result but the performance that was the problem. The team he assembled weren’t  competing at this level, the new manager will have to instill some confidence in these players. I imagine there were caveats in his contract which allowed termination at certain junctures if certain performance targets weren’t being met. 

Every chance, yes, based on what I understand has been happening at the club.
Do you seriously believe that he has been sacked, with the expense and everything else that involves, on the basis of one result? That match was symptomatic of a much deeper malaise, and Stubbs appears to have been at the root of that.
He had to go, and Jackson with him.

So what has he been sacked for?

What’s our managers being judged on if not results?

Was the win against Dundee symptomatic of anything? Or just the Livi loss..?

Calm down..... yes are u. I was referring to sacking the BOD. In my eyes thats one poor appt and one good one. GS doesnt mess about
Yes, and I'm calm. Read your post and I'm not sure how the board are getting the blame. If every manager was a JR we'd be flying. They've acted swiftly cause it's evident recruitment has been poor along with performances. Now the window is closed and this is what we're left with..[emoji85]

5 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Wonder what the 'multiple other incidents' are ?  All is not well behind the scenes it seems...

image.png.2499253c2676b2b589dad8202f5edd0c.png

If they were involved in Stubbs player recruitment then thank f'ck for their resignation.

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

We are 3 points off 5th place and the manager is sacked after 4 games.  

We are also 3 points off 12th place too and Dundee signed 3 defenders and 1 striker in the final 48 hours of the transfer window too. 2 weeks ago some balloon on facebook was raving about how we were 7th after 2 games.

13 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Who knows. I guess it could be misinterpreted. It could maybe be Stubbs way of saying 'right guys this is what the press are saying go out there and prove them wrong'.

I definitely got the impression he used the 'tough love' approach with the players but they were all used to having a good one to one relationship with JR.

Certainly looked that way. 

He obviously reckoned that would push us on to achieve greater and any of the squad that were too soft to cope with that would be left behind and replaced with his quality signings. 

Unfortunately - for all involved - that’s not quite how management works in this day and age. Especially when you haven’t made any effort to get your staff on side yet. 

What a disaster. 

Edited by Maboza

2 minutes ago, buddygreat said:

Yes, and I'm calm. Read your post and I'm not sure how the board are getting the blame. If every manager was a JR we'd be flying. They've acted swiftly cause it's evident recruitment has been poor along with performances. Now the window is closed and this is what we're left with..emoji85.png

Mate we are in total agreement . My comment was at TCs point to sack the board...

Probably the best decision for the club as the players clearly weren’t prepared to work for him. Another example of player power and won’t be the last. 

Maybe some of these players should follow him out the door if they’re not willing to give 100% for the fans regardless of who’s in the dugout. 

Edited by davidg

1 minute ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Spend years waiting on the McGinn deal being fruitful only to take a couple of months spunking it on sacking a manager 4 league games into a 3 year contract.

Utterly pathetic.

I think it's your arithmetic that's utterly pathetic.:rolleyes: