Stubbs Sacked

Drew

32 minutes ago, TopCat said:

If that is the case then this is an even more worrying situation than I thought.

Essentially the board are saying it doesn’t matter about results, if you’re not our mate and doing as we say you’re out?

If we had won at Tynecastle, gonezo too? At what point had the leaky board decided he was going?

The deeds done. We move on. The outcome might very well be the same at end of season.  

10 minutes ago, davidg said:

Probably the best decision for the club as the players clearly weren’t prepared to work for him. Another example of player power and won’t be the last. 

Maybe some of these players should follow him out the door if they’re not willing to give 100% for the fans regardless of who’s in the dugout. 

Or we can employ a manager that understands the basic of man management.

46 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Wonder what the 'multiple other incidents' are ?  All is not well behind the scenes it seems... Hi, I just wanted to come out and say that most of these incidents were personal ones which weren't handled correctly. I don't want to throw any under the bus especially not the scouts who had an entirely different plan for this summer.  I am once again deeply sorry for this poor summer transfer window. Just wanted to let you all know that we as scouts (especially the ones in Europe) were being left out of most things

image.png.2499253c2676b2b589dad8202f5edd0c.png

Edited by TRM
Error

What’s almost as embarrassing as the actual sacking after four league games is the fact the board have been telling all their mates they’re going to do it before they told Stubbs himself.

This club is leakier than a sieve and it’s because of this amateurish board.

Get them out and get a professional in who can do the job properly. Can we get Brian Caldwell back up the road?

Yep , because nothing ever leaked from the last board .... or any other football club board for that matter [emoji57] As for the old four games pish, as I’ve said on other threads , defeats are one thing but the shocking displays, tactics, recruitment and overall apathetic approach to the job by Stubbs and his coaches are the reasons he got bagged.
This season has been turgid to watch for the most part . He’s gone , we move on.

It is quite clearly not based purely on results.

Exactly. The hysterical speculation and ITK pissing contests are laughable.
Unless folk can read Gordon Scott’s mind he and he alone knows the whole sum of all the bit parts that confirmed his decision.
Others have alluded to the fact it seems to have been a bad fit from day one, quite possible and I’d go with that.
IMO Stubbs got off to a bad start across several areas and was almost beaten before he started. His demeanour and laid back laconic disconnect just cemented a really bad impression, one of disinterest and abdicating responsibility, shifting the blame onto his daftie players at every opportunity, all in my humble opinion of course. But it’s probably right, to a degree. [emoji847]

21 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Or we can employ a manager that understands the basic of man management.

I’m sorry but there’s no excuse for not giving 100% out on the pitch and that’s what we’ve been getting.

It doesn’t matter who the manager is, what the tactics are, who’s playing centre half, what one of your team mates have been dropped, who’s face doesn’t fit. No excuse for the level of commitment given so far this season. 

Saturday was much better from certain individuals and I suspect some players were already made aware of the intent to sack Stubbs. 

Just hope they approve of the replacement or we’re really f**ked. In fact, might be an idea to let them hand pick the new manager. 

Edited by davidg

12 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

I said we were spunking it, I never said we were spunking it all.

A manager on a 3 year deal with 2 coaches. You telling me that’s not an expensive decision to make 4 league games in?

That alright for you snowflake?

Probably around £150K.

I'd rather we hadn't have to spend that, but with £850K left over and a further percentage due at the end of the season, it's a small price to pay if we can avoid relegation.

18 minutes ago, magnus said:

I agree 100% . His Twitter account has all sorts of analytics on it so I think he likes the views and follows maybe a tad too much. Either way it hasn't helped this situation.

Welcome Gus get behind the past and the new. Will organise also make us stronger. Not many managers get you to prompted semis, finals, finals , get a Celtib manager sacked. You know it makes sence :ph34r:

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

36 minutes ago, davidg said:

Probably the best decision for the club as the players clearly weren’t prepared to work for him. Another example of player power and won’t be the last. 

Maybe some of these players should follow him out the door if they’re not willing to give 100% for the fans regardless of who’s in the dugout. 

Would be happy if they gave 100% for the club.

12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I bet Rae cant wait for Stubbs to be back on BT with him so he can blow him away with his 41.6%. Either that or they will both have the same  GORDON IS CNUT slogan across their tshirts....

Rae, Stubbs, McCoist and Chris Sutton could all appear as the pundits on the next BT Sport live broadcast, and I can say this with 100% honesty... I would not give a flying fcuk what any of them had to say about St Mirren. Could. Not. Give. A. Fcuk. Especially that gobshite Sutton.

Edited by pozbaird