Stubbs Sacked

Drew

1 minute ago, TRM said:

Hi so if I make any weird errors it's probably because I don't know how forums work (and scouting apparently harhar) It was a combination of multiple things that hampered us (as scouts) from doing the job we actually wanted to do and bring in the players we actually wanted to bring in. Most of our targets especially foreign wise simply weren't interested in joining and we couldn't convince them to join budget wise. And the players that were interested and good enough apparently weren't even approached. This led to us being quite disappointed in the club seeing as the communication to us wasn't that good.

Was it the Stubbs regime which didn't approach the interested players, and if so why resign because Stubbs was removed?

2 minutes ago, TRM said:

Hi so if I make any weird errors it's probably because I don't know how forums work (and scouting apparently harhar) It was a combination of multiple things that hampered us (as scouts) from doing the job we actually wanted to do and bring in the players we actually wanted to bring in. Most of our targets especially foreign wise simply weren't interested in joining and we couldn't convince them to join budget wise. And the players that were interested and good enough apparently weren't even approached. This led to us being quite disappointed in the club seeing as the communication to us wasn't that good.

Bud, I have no idea who you are. You could be genuine or you could be a shull alias on the pisstake.

Either way, what you are doing here really isn't helpful.

2 minutes ago, TRM said:

So who was responsible for making an approach to targets you identified 

This hope episode stinks. Good luck to Alan Stubbs in the future. We will never know what would have happened given a reasonable amount of time. Seems a trigger happy reaction by the chairman. For his sake and our great club, the next appointment must work. No one comes out of this fiasco with any dignity. If McIntyre gets the job, he inherits the same players, many of whom were signed by his predecessor. He must get the players behind him immediately. As for our vocal fans on here, some should take a long hard look at themselves. Good luck Mr Stubbs and good luck to his successor. Hopefully he will be given some leeway by all.

3 minutes ago, TRM said:

Hi so if I make any weird errors it's probably because I don't know how forums work (and scouting apparently harhar) It was a combination of multiple things that hampered us (as scouts) from doing the job we actually wanted to do and bring in the players we actually wanted to bring in. Most of our targets especially foreign wise simply weren't interested in joining and we couldn't convince them to join budget wise. And the players that were interested and good enough apparently weren't even approached. This led to us being quite disappointed in the club seeing as the communication to us wasn't that good.

I can appreciate the frustration. So who decides whether to act on your recommendations - the manager or CEO or Chairman and why no communications? Finally, did you get a say in the ones we did go for and pay money for?

2 minutes ago, TRM said:

Are any of the ones who weren't approached -

a) free agents;

b) experienced centre halfs, left sided midfielders or strikers?

If the answer to both of these questions is yes, can you pass their details onto the new manager please?

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So we can see! :rolleyes:

Everyone knows wbat a complete twat you are . You think you are above everyone mentally but we all know you lack basic common sense. That's ok we a ll have faults. Unfortunately you fail the basic requirements for students. Too judgmental a twat in their comfort zone. Wake up before you supriours bring you down to earth with a BANG ! 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Bud, I have no idea who you are. You could be genuine or you could be a shull alias on the pisstake.

Either way, what you are doing here really isn't helpful.

Disagree Oaksoft. This looks like a scout explaining the challenges in signing players at SMFC. It's an insight that might manage expectations.

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Everyone knows wbat a complete twat you are . You think you are above everyone mentally but we all know you lack basic common sense. That's ok we a ll have faults. Unfortunately you fail the basic requirements for students. Too judgmental a twat in their comfort zone. Wake up before you supriours bring you down to earth with a BANG ! 

IOBS u do know he is going to slaughter your English and punkuation :lol:

3 minutes ago, magnus said:

I can appreciate the frustration. So who decides whether to act on your recommendations - the manager or CEO or Chairman and why no communications? Finally, did you get a say in the ones we did go for and pay money for?

One of the main problems was (communication wise) that we didn't even bloody know who eventually decided to pursue a player or not.  And I wasn't consulted on any of the transfers that actually happened which I was slightly disappointed about at the time but just decided to ignore later on.

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Are any of the ones who weren't approached -

a) free agents;

b) experienced centre halfs, left sided midfielders or strikers?

If the answer to both of these questions is yes, can you pass their details onto the new manager please?

Can't discuss any of these things in public seeing as once again I don't want to throw anyone under the bus. Hopefully explained a few things about why I left. 

1 minute ago, TRM said:

One of the main problems was (communication wise) that we didn't even bloody know who eventually decided to pursue a player or not.  And I wasn't consulted on any of the transfers that actually happened which I was slightly disappointed about at the time but just decided to ignore later on.

Strange as scouting has such an important part to play. Hope you get a chance to feedback to the Club and they listen. Wish you every success Bud. It's a brave move stepping off of any job. Good luck.

12 minutes ago, TRM said:

I think he just had a preference for English/Scottish players which just made us wonder why we were even there.

Stubbs certainly did not have a preference for Scottish players, and without going all nativist that was a real problem.

Just now, magnus said:

Strange as scouting has such an important part to play. Hope you get a chance to feedback to the Club and they listen. Wish you every success Bud. It's a brave move stepping off of any job. Good luck.

Thanks, it was a hard decision to make seeing as I really liked the club and like I previously mentioned I made friendships here and a few of the staff members helped me get through tough times (please don't see this as a sob story)  And I'll, of course, mention the things to my contact there. Hope they improve it seeing as this club needs to stay at the highest level.

Good luck everyone

I presume the players trained today. Did all three (Stubbs, Rice, Jackson) take the session/s or was it Rice alone (or joined by McManus). If Stubbs and Jackson weren't there for training then that would have made it clear to the players it was the end. Then some muppet leaked it out somehow? 

Sometimes it's just not a right fit. Even if it could have worked out / turned around. The last 18 months has had everyone pulling in the one direction. if the new manager cannot continue this ethos it could be that after a good interview and seeing him work it was clear that he never had the same personality to continue this togetherness. This could have been in the boards thoughts regardless of results, but the results have accelerated the decision.