Stubbs Sacked

Drew

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

I think it's legit. I am not wiring over any money but I am asking a few questions and the answers sound informed. My view is that no-one speaks to the Scouts and maybe not even each other.

True :lol:

We haven't learned anything from him anyway. If he is genuine he isn't going to tell you the important stuff.

For example, if Stubbs wasn't involving him, why is he leaving within an hour of Stubbs being sacked?

Edited by oaksoft

28 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Everyone knows wbat a complete twat you are . You think you are above everyone mentally but we all know you lack basic common sense. That's ok we a ll have faults. Unfortunately you fail the basic requirements for students. Too judgmental a twat in their comfort zone. Wake up before you supriours bring you down to earth with a BANG ! 

What a f**king post. :lol:

Bud, when it comes to being mental, nobody is above you. :lol:

Have a nice night.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

True :lol:

We haven't learned anything from him anyway. If he is genuine he isn't going to tell you the important stuff.

I think he said enough to point to a pretty dis-organised approach to scouting, poor communications and a lack of team spirit. One starts to get a sense all is not well across the board.

Edited by magnus

Just now, magnus said:

I think he said enough to point to a pretty dis-organised approach to scouting, poor communications and a lack of team spirit. one starts to get a sense all is not well across the board.

On the positive side, any problems have only come about recently and should be easily rectified by removing those at the heart of it.

29 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

IOBS u do know he is going to slaughter your English and punkuation :lol:

No I won't - for two reasons:

1) There is so much wrong with this post of his and the thread he started that the spelling and grammar are the very least of his worries.

2) IOBS joins you in the "special" category. You are both at your funniest when you are trying to slap down a fellow poster but your brains can't keep up with your fingers.

PS. There is no 'k' in punctuation. Not even in the urban dictionary version of the word. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

48 minutes ago, davidg said:

I’m sorry but there’s no excuse for not giving 100% out on the pitch and that’s what we’ve been getting.

It doesn’t matter who the manager is, what the tactics are, who’s playing centre half, what one of your team mates have been dropped, who’s face doesn’t fit. No excuse for the level of commitment given so far this season. 

Saturday was much better from certain individuals and I suspect some players were already made aware of the intent to sack Stubbs. 

Just hope they approve of the replacement or we’re really f**ked. In fact, might be an idea to let them hand pick the new manager. 

Very simplistic point of view, I think you are just playing to the gallery here.

The organisation of the team has been very poor from the start, players have ;iterally been running in to each other, being caught out of position etc etc. Going in and dealing with Stubbs and Jackson every day obviously became demoralising.

There is a difference between being demoralised, losing confidence etc and purposefully not trying your best.

You don't appoint Darren Jackson and then expect to have a motivated squad.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

On the positive side, any problems have only come about recently and should be easily rectified by removing those at the heart of it.

Why is that though? Did Jack and Jim have a structure in place that left when they left? Did Jack just fly solo and it worked great? If Alan Stubbs and his team are the problem then fine but if i was the new manager I think I would be asking a few questions about how the Club works day to day. 

Edited by magnus

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

We have a misconception in this country that we can copy the success of others and learn from it. This may be true in part but learning from your mistakes and doing something about it to improve without looking back negatively is the real and lasting way to achieve success. Expect mistakes and learn from them. The board have acted. Time to move on.

1 minute ago, magnus said:

Why is that though? Did Jack and Jim have a structure in place that left when they left? Did Jack just fly solo and it worked great? If Alan Stubbs and his team are the problem then fine but if i was the new manager I think I would be asking a few questions about how the Club works day to day. 

Agreed. Me too.

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Very simplistic point of view, I think you are just playing to the gallery here.

The organisation of the team has been very poor from the start, players have ;iterally been running in to each other, being caught out of position etc etc. Going in and dealing with Stubbs and Jackson every day obviously became demoralising.

There is a difference between being demoralised, losing confidence etc and purposefully not trying your best.

The poor souls.

I’m not pointing the finger at all of the players but certain ones clearly weren’t interested in playing for Stubbs and their performances reflected this.

Edited by davidg

We might need to write this season off as a survival shitfest.

I imagine GLS has Gus MacPherson on speed-dial, and might just make a call....

Whoever comes in now will need to galvanise the squad first and foremost. Free flowing, creative football might be a secondary consideration (even if we had the players for that).

Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Would disagree that the organisation of the team has been very poor from the start. I tuned into that Killie LC group game expecting something of a shambles, but the team were excellent, Coulson shone, we made chances, passed it around nicely, and were a coherent and good to watch team.

The fact that it went from that to a team who cannot score, and can be gubbed after 30 minutes in games is the worrying thing. Clearly, a lot of stuff went on behind the scenes that only Stubbs, the players, and possibly GLS truly know about.

Will be interesting to see how things go from here on in, and can that Rugby Park spirit, because it was indeed a spirited performance, be re-ignited under new management. I don’t wish Stubbs or Jackson any ill, but clearly, a lot was going badly wrong, and not simply results.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

We might need to write this season off as a survival shitfest.

I imagine GLS has Gus MacPherson on speed-dial, and might just make a call....

Whoever comes in now will need to galvanise the squad first and foremost. Free flowing, creative football might be a secondary consideration (even if we had the players for that).

Fingers crossed.

Not the long term solution but I’d be confident of Premiership survival with Gus in the dugout til the end of the season. 

Just now, pozbaird said:

Would disagree that the organisation of the team has been very poor from the start. I tuned into that Killie LC group game expecting something of a shambles, but the team were excellent, Coulson shone, we made chances, passed it around nicely, and were a coherent and good to watch team.

The fact that it went from that to a team who cannot score, and can be gubbed after 30 minutes in games is the worrying thing. Clearly, a lot of stuff went on behind the scenes that only Stubbs, the players, and possibly GLS truly know about.

Will be interesting to see how things go from here on in, and can that Rugby Park spirit, because it was indeed a spirited performance, be re-ignited under new management. I don’t wish Stubbs or Jackson any ill, but clearly, a lot was going badly wrong, and not simply results.

Killie game did look good, can only really assume that was a result of Killie not taking it very seriously. We were very poor indeed against Spartans and Queens Park straight after that.  The organisation of the team against Sunderland was shocking, to the point Sunderland fans were openly laughing at it.