Stubbs Sacked

Drew

Cries for sack the board... laughable!
All things considered, sad to see someone lose their job... however, Stubbs is more than likely a multi-millionaire. He can go back to his V9 experiment and punditry work and i’m sure he’ll cope just fine.
The world is results driven and if any forum members looked so hopelessly out our depth we’d be out the door twice as quick.

Good to have a board not shy of calling the shots they’ll live and die by.

Let’s get this right and regroup. COYS

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If you read the guy's posts you'll see what he's bringing. It's not exactly cryptic stuff.

Don't think that is my point. Arguably,    The club has leaked like a seive and social media used to destabilise the manager and his position. I would prefer this stopped.  Would hate the incoming manager to be subject to similar treatment. 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Don't think that is my point. Arguably,    The club has leaked like a seive and social media used to destabilise the manager and his position. I would prefer this stopped. 

We're not a large club. Stories get out all the time. Several of our players and indeed staff members have family and friends who are lifelong supporters.

There's really not THAT much that can be done about it. Leaks have always existed in every club and always will, it just so happens that social media has largely replaced printed media and old-fashioned word of mouth.

The manager destabilised his own position by seemingly coming in and evidently doing his damnedest to bam everyone up from day one.

I mentioned in one of my other posts that as part of the Stubbs interview with the board, they must have asked him what his plan was to warrant a three year deal.
I’d be amazed if he’d said he wanted to recruit players that haven’t kicked a ball at a decent level or from an academy and still got the gig.
I’m assuming his targets either didn’t fancy us for various reasons, length of contract and salary etc or the style to which Stubbs wanted the team to play? Who knows.
He wasn’t my first choice but had my backing.
Why would the board sanction such signings knowing that we’re now in the top division?
Lots of questions from the fans, will we ever get the answers? Who knows.
All the best to Alan Stubbs, pity it didn’t work out for him.

Well it is the actual TRM. Kind of hard to prove it so you will have to take my word for it
I'm not exactly sure who your beef is with TRM? Is it with the board? Is it because none of your leads were followed up? Was it Stubbs? Were you sourcing players then annoyed because they were being offered financially unrewarding contracts? What position are you resigning from? Sorry, but so many questions!

If that is the case then this is an even more worrying situation than I thought.

Essentially the board are saying it doesn’t matter about results, if you’re not our mate and doing as we say you’re out?

If we had won at Tynecastle, gonezo too? At what point had the leaky board decided he was going?
This is the problem with you Topcat.. you only ever look at results. You did the same with Jack Ross and look how your prediction turned out when most other people could look deeper than results. This is the same thing in reverse, you're not learning.

Just now, Dave The Buddie said:

I feel it will probably be the right decision in the long run but I’m always sad when a St Mirren manager loses his job.

I've got a degree more sympathy for Stubbs than many.

I never felt a bit of sorrow for either Tommy Craig (who was a snake) or Alex Rae (who was a horrible wee shite) though.

Stubbs seems like a decent enough big guy who just went about his business in such a ham-fisted manner that it undone a lot of good work in a very short period of time.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out and there needs to be a parting of the ways.  But for the last few years our dealings with 'managers' have been mostly abysmal, other than JR, and even that didn't end particularly well for us.  If I was a prospective new managerial appointment at Saints, I'd be looking for some cast iron guarantees on the terms by which the contract might be terminated, and a decent pay off.

Why would the board sanction such signings knowing that we’re now in the top division?

Not giving Stubbs free reign on his targets would’ve been unfair and shown a complete lack of trust from the board, this would’ve put strain on their working relationship before it had even begun.

He had to be given a chance to bring in his own guys and we had to trust he could spot a player. He was given that chance and it transpired he couldn’t spot a footballer if one skelped him in the face, to put it bluntly!

End (correct) result = Bye Stubbsy

For the record and only my opinion he clearly had no clue.  No formation, no tactics, blaming everyone but himself including the hearts defeat.to which he blamed the defence as individuals Although he signed 4 from the back 5 that played on Saturday. His record at Hibs was abysmal ie couldn’t get out of the championship. Got lucky in the cup ( yeah every club needs luck in a knockout competition) then jumps ship to Rotherham and subsequently get the sack ( for pretty much the same as here) yet you critique the board. Are you really being serious Tam ???  Ie tam McManus 

15 minutes ago, porks said:
2 hours ago, TopCat said:

If that is the case then this is an even more worrying situation than I thought.

Essentially the board are saying it doesn’t matter about results, if you’re not our mate and doing as we say you’re out?

If we had won at Tynecastle, gonezo too? At what point had the leaky board decided he was going?

This is the problem with you Topcat.. you only ever look at results. You did the same with Jack Ross and look how your prediction turned out when most other people could look deeper than results. This is the same thing in reverse, you're not learning.

Why is it a problem ?

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Worrying times.

I'm making the assumption that this guy , the scout , was watching players for us towards  the close of the window , and because Stubbs had made a pigs ear of things we didn't sign any of these guys , therefore the scout , as a Stubbs man , sees Monday's development as the last straw. To me it looks like a case of the whole Stubbs regime leaving or being bagged , apart from Rice of course !