Stubbs Sacked

Drew

He'll get another gig.........
Q.   "Tell me Alan how do you explain being kicked out by St. Mirren after only a few games"
A.   " Well that's St. Mirren for you. NFI! Remember they also kicked out arguably the greatest football manager Scotland has ever produced. They have a habit of making an arse of themselves. Good news is I'm here and available for a club with the correct business acumen. St.Mirren's loss, your gain. [emoji3]

Your mask is slipping . That was almost in English [emoji57]

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:
3 hours ago, helpmaboab said:
He'll get another gig.........
Q.   "Tell me Alan how do you explain being kicked out by St. Mirren after only a few games"
A.   " Well that's St. Mirren for you. NFI! Remember they also kicked out arguably the greatest football manager Scotland has ever produced. They have a habit of making an arse of themselves. Good news is I'm here and available for a club with the correct business acumen. St.Mirren's loss, your gain. emoji3.png

Your mask is slipping . That was almost in English emoji57.png

Ah See, so HMB is really a sasenach poootin oan a skotish axent tae full ow a us dim jocks.  Well it worked with me :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:
45 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Ah See, so HMB is really a sasenach poootin oan a skotish axent tae full ow a us dim jocks.  Well it worked with me :rolleyes:

Am no puttin on onythin ya gomeral.

I say old chap! is that pwoper scotch or what? can't arctually say one has ever heard of a  gomeral. Is it dangerous or what?  :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

McCall was on off the ball when Ross left I sent in a text to the show to ask if McCall  would like the job. He gave a firm NO , don't think he likes us.

Did you actually expect him to say Yes?  :lol:

You're special. Don't ever change. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Did you actually expect him to say Yes?  :lol:

You're special. Don't ever change. :lol:

You are the official arsehole of the forum but don't let facts get in the way of you posting. Is this not the start of the collage season ? Should you not be doing a course on common sense for Oaksofts of this world. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You are the official arsehole of the forum but don't let facts get in the way of you posting. Is this not the start of the collage season ? Should you not be doing a course on common sense for Oaksofts of this world. 

Another cracker for the WTF folder :lol:

Collage season? :lol:

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Voulez vous crochet avec me ce soir?

Christina Aguilera really murdered that song.

It doesn't really fit with collage but I have been dying for an excuse to rattle this pun out for years.

What song ?

Edited by billyg
Who knows

On 6/8/2018 at 9:01 AM, bazil85 said:

The Rotherham United fans really don’t like this guy. from some of the comments on Twitter it’s beyond them thinking he’s a poor manager, some seem to actually hate Stubbs! Worrying. 

We should have paid more heed to them. RUFC fans called this spot-on.

Whilst I don't have any great feeling of antipathy towards the man, I genuinely had a spring in my step on Tuesday after the announcement that he had been sacked. Not since Tommy Craig, had I felt so relieved that the club had gotten shot of a toxic influence.

It's almost as if Stubbs couldn't help himself. He seemed to go about the task of dismantling the positivity, cohesion, and sense of purpose at the club without even demonstrating any alternative vision that might justify what he was doing to some degree. Baffling.

At no stage did I ever believe that he had a clear strategy, and it was increasingly apparent that he didn't.

Anyway, he is now a (very) brief interlude in the club’s history, and with the new man set to join us shortly, it is time to look forward.

Happy days!

Edited by Drew

16 minutes ago, Drew said:

We should have paid more heed to them. RUFC fans called this spot-on.

Whilst I don't have any great feeling of antipathy towards the man, I genuinely had a spring in my step on Tuesday after the announcement that he had been sacked. Not since Tommy Craig, had I felt so relieved that the club had gotten shot of a toxic influence.

It's almost as if Stubbs couldn't help himself. He seemed to go about the task of dismantling the positivity, cohesion, and sense of purpose at the club without even demonstrating any alternative vision that might justify what he was doing to some degree. Baffling.

At no stage did I ever believe that he had a clear strategy, and it was increasingly apparent that he didn't.

Anyway, he is now a (very) brief interlude in the club’s history, and with the new man set to join us shortly, it is time to look forward.

Happy days!

A lot of fans did pay attention to them, I don't think he should have been anywhere near the running and I think a lot felt the same. Just unfortunate our board didn't. 

I have no hard feelings towards him, I know what you mean. Only recent managers I have strongly disliked were Rae with his patronising waving at fans the game before he was sacked and TC not being man enough to say anything to fans when asked in interviews. 

Yeah agree with next point as well, his approach was nothing short of baffling.

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

A lot of fans did pay attention to them, I don't think he should have been anywhere near the running and I think a lot felt the same. Just unfortunate our board didn't. 

I have no hard feelings towards him, I know what you mean. Only recent managers I have strongly disliked were Rae with his patronising waving at fans the game before he was sacked and TC not being man enough to say anything to fans when asked in interviews. 

Yeah agree with next point as well, his approach was nothing short of baffling.

I don't take any interest in English football, so didn't have any awareness of the Rotherham debacle. That said, Stubbs never felt like a good fit. Once appointed, he was due the opportunity to demonstrate that was, but very quickly blew any chance of that out the water.

When asked about Guti, Kluivert etc, Gordon Scott made it clear that the club were looking to bring someone in with experience of the Scottish game. Hence, the appointment of Stubbs. I wonder how much time had passed before he and his colleagues on the BoD started to feel a creeping unease as they watched Stubbs conduct his business.

Fair play to them, they made the error in bringing him in, but have addressed it quickly and decisively.

Edited by Drew

The clue about Stubbs was his time at Hibs. Couldn't get out of the Championship (or even reach the play off final) in two attempts with a squad which included Lewis Stevenson, Darren McGregor, John McGinn, Dylan McGeoch, Scott Allan, Anthony Stokes and Jason Cummings.

If we were a one man team who won the Championship last year it took something to fail to get promotion with a team boasting several full internationalists and U21 players.

I support St Mirren, but how funny would it be if Alan got another gig with another team and they were a big success.
hahahahahahahaha.......
They come to St Mirren Park and thrash us
hahahahahahahaha......
poetic justice 
hahahahahahahaha......
aw the AS haters an soor faces wid be greetin in their cornflakes 
hahahahahahahaha......
cannae wait
How you type in plain english some posts,
'En jist change oor tae scottish slang is hard tae dae.

Pick one n stick to it. Its gettin cringy to read [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]