Stubbs Sacked

Drew

Looked through some of interviews of Stubbs from the beginning of his time at the club.

Guy never looked excited to be here. Don’t think he was up for it.

I have to agree with this point and something I’ve been thinking about.
He didn’t seem to embrace the club in any way.
In his interviews he always used the term ‘they’ as opposed to ‘we’ when addressing team matters

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

Good take on things from Bill Leckie (although not sure what Northern Ireland training camp he's on about). He's usually fairly critical of clubs that bin their managers early.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3158872/st-mirren-alan-stubbs-squad-cull-set-tone-bill-leckie/

Great article............................... I do get why some on here are annoyed Stubbs was appointed in the first place.............. I mean he did get it totally wrong.

In Spain he makes it like a trialist camp  . He tells some to go, and brings in guys who haven't played football much against guys who have heart and soul dragged  this club from the abyss to the Premiership.....

Surely this came into the reckoning for the interviews. First rule of management is respect the achievements, get people onside and bought in and don't shit on doorsteps...... so when Stubbs was starting to go wrong, why didnt someone redirect him. Jack knew the club, he formed a close relationship with fans and BOD.  These players are earned the right to play in the big league, we needed experience and a Morgan replacement................

Stubbs is a highly decent guy, but in a way he has had no steer...... maybe Jack leaving was so huge that the BOD panicked ................

Well this time, no excuses. We need a man with a shared vision not a personal one........................

5 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Whits wi the new pic wee Dougie? Starting yer JG campaign? Or maybe Sammy as oor new player/manager???

Thinking ootside the box eh?

Na mate, just reminding myself we have living breathing Saints Legend who are currently in management.................. Goody got the best out of Ross, maybe he can get the best out of Stubbs recruits 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Good take on things from Bill Leckie (although not sure what Northern Ireland training camp he's on about). He's usually fairly critical of clubs that bin their managers early.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3158872/st-mirren-alan-stubbs-squad-cull-set-tone-bill-leckie/

Good article.

The problems started as soon as he was signed, why try and reinvent the wheel?

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Looks as though he's written this by reading the forum. 

A similar amount of whispers and "by all account" type statements.

Typical Sun, although funny  how many all of a sudden decide it's a worthy newspaper. 

Are people still genuinely taking issue with this decision?

I have most of the forum rockets on ignore, so can't confirm this for myself. It would be very odd, though. In saying that, we do have some very strange companions on here.

While, as a rule, I don't like to see folk lose their jobs, I find that I have an extra spring in my step today. Is the sun actually shining, or is just my current disposition leads me to believing that to be the case?

:)

Edited by Drew

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Are people still genuinely taking issue with this decision?

I have most of the forum rockets on ignore, so can't confirm this for myself. It would be very odd, though. In saying that, we do have some very strange companions on here.

While, as a rule, I don't like to see folk lose their jobs, I find that I have an extra spring in my step today. Is the sun actually shining, or is just my current disposition leads me to believing that to be the case?

:)

Geez mate that rules out 70% of posters on here, no wonder you're so calm and collected :wink:

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Na mate, just reminding myself we have living breathing Saints Legend who are currently in management.................. Goody got the best out of Ross, maybe he can get the best out of Stubbs recruits 

If Sammy starts using his box rather than planting himself on the goal line I will be happier

Was shocked when I heard the news last night, mainly due to Stubbs having a 3 year contract, but having time to think about it, it has to be the right call.
I was initially positive about his appointment, so can’t be too critical of the BoD. They made a mistake, especially the length of contract, but they have acted quickly and are trying to fix it ASAP. He’s left some mess behind for whatever brave soul comes in to sort it.
Can’t think of anything positive about Stubbs’ time with us. His shocking recruitment and the horrendous organisation of the team, especially at the back was embarrassing. We can only speculate what things were like in the changing room, but it looked like he’d completely lost any connection or bond with the players, if he ever had one. Seems to have been a polar opposite from Jack Ross.
His body language and lack of energy was really poor and he reminded me of Rae, not taking responsibility for the team’s shortcomings and blaming it all on the players. His heart never seemed in it and he looked totally out of his depth; clueless.
Jim McIntyre for me, to replace him. Good experience and unlucky to get the bullet at County. Was really worried that Utd would get him last season as McKinnon’s replacement.
My overall feeling, now he’s gone is relief.
Onwards and upwards.

14 minutes ago, Drew said:

Ayr United manager, Ian McCall, much maligned by St Mirren supporters, is currently on Radio Shortbread talking a great deal of sense on the Stubbs sacking.

He certainly knows how many months on average a St Mirren manager gets before the axe falls...

F601C495-59AD-4853-AA7C-71619535E1B9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Ayr United manager, Ian McCall, much maligned by St Mirren supporters, is currently on Radio Shortbread talking a great deal of sense on the Stubbs sacking.

I like him. He was a bit full of himself when younger but seems to be a very knowledgeable football guy. He will not leave Ayr so pointless speculating.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He wasn't referring to you, numbnuts. :lol:

i'm aware of that, he suggested it's easy to be calm with so many on block.  The point i was making is i don't find it hard to be calm despite the amount of trolls and wind up merchants... ok titface?:P

13 minutes ago, magnus said:

I like him. He was a bit full of himself when younger but seems to be a very knowledgeable football guy. He will not leave Ayr so pointless speculating.

I'm not speculating. My post wasn't a reference to him possibly being a candidate for the job, just an observation.

If you listened to him talk, however, he far from distanced himself from the option, were it to be available.