Stubbs Sacked

Drew

to the contrary. I am impressed that the club recognise that it isn't working an act quickly. maybe because I've been of the opinion that it wasn't working..i don't think he could've left the playing staff in a worse state in such a short period of time. shocking recruitment

I don’t disagree with you bud, not in the slightest.
But they were acting quickly on their own mistake. This is a situation made by their own poor recruitment.

2 minutes ago, smcc said:

I am sure that I am not the only one who is fed up to the back teeth with your repeated comments about the boards. For heavens sake, get a life!

Away and raffle yer’sel, it was a joke because we just bagged a manager so quickly. The smilie was a f**king clue. Honest to Christ...

Oh well, now that's he's gone I can reveal that the reason he lost the dressing room was this...
Apparently he told the players they might as well throw their league winners medals in the bin because last season they were a one-man team (Lewis Morgan) and now he was gone.

Yip. Heard that also. Sad state of affairs.

Well the Chairman has not fudged it, he had acted swiftly and presumably will recognise that he was duped one way or another. Clearly a bad fit from day one and things only those ITK will be aware of conspired to lead us to this stage. No one really knows the half or it, but that’s really irrelevant.
It’s history, we f**ked up, move on try and fix things.
If there is any credit to this sorry shambles it’s that the hierarchy have acknowledged we are in a mess and made a fast and ruthless decision.
What next [emoji15]

Definitely one of the most embarrassing episodes in the clubs history.

Taking Stubbs out the equation here. Cause I and many others didn’t think he was the right man for the job at the time, but that’s beside the point.

What’s happened here is the club has went through a lengthy and apparently thorough recruitment process in the summer. Four managers made final interview and then one was picked.

We then get through the league cup group stage for the first time ever and beat Dundee in our first game. We then have expected losses at Ibrox and Pittodrie.

Essentially he’s been sacked because one game, the home loss to Livingston. There can be no other reason. If he wins that we’d be in the top six and he couldn’t be sacked.

What message does that send out? If the next manager loses 3 of his first 4 games (as is pretty likely looking at the fixtures) will he be sacked too?

I think who comes out of this whole sorry episode looking the worst isn’t Stubbs. It’s Scott, Fitzpatrick and the rest of the board.

If they’re going to give a manager (any manager) a 3 year deal in June you can’t be sacking him less than 3 months later.

Both Fitzpatrick and Scott should seriously be considering their positions this evening. By sacking Stubbs they’ve done nothing else but admit their complete incompetence when it comes to running a football club and recruiting managers. How can we as a club trust them to appoint the next one?

Sack the board.

What’s almost as embarrassing as the actual sacking after four league games is the fact the board have been telling all their mates they’re going to do it before they told Stubbs himself.

This club is leakier than a sieve and it’s because of this amateurish board.

Get them out and get a professional in who can do the job properly. Can we get Brian Caldwell back up the road?

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Whoever from the club leaked this information (directly or indirectly) to Stewart Gilmour this morning will be regretting the error of their judgement.

Hopefully this is sorted out by GLS & Co so that there is not a repetition of this breach of confidence in the future.

Do you think the Jim McIntyre bit is correct?