46 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

LPN? You are doing this deliberately.

A man lost his job tonight.

Show some f**king class.

"A man lost his job"

You never miss a chance to act like a drama queen. A man has pocketed over 100k for making an arse of a job. A man that was already a millionaire and will now go back to TV work. Its not the closure of the last of the shipyards, calm down ffs.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

"A man lost his job"

You never miss a chance to act like a drama queen. A man has pocketed over 100k for making an arse of a job. A man that was already a millionaire and will now go back to TV work. Its not the closure of the last of the shipyards, calm down ffs.

It's not about the money you clueless plank.

It's about having a reason to get out of bed in the morning. A purpose to life.

You'd know that if you ever had a job you actually liked.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's not about the money you clueless plank.

It's about having a reason to get out of bed in the morning. A purpose to life.

You'd know that if you ever had a job you actually liked.

I understand what you're saying here, but my sympathies are limited. Had he walked and received no compensation I'd have fully agreed with you. If he's pocketed money from this exit then I can't sympathise in the slightest. Most people who are shite are their job don't receive a decent pile of cash upon their sacking.

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I understand what you're saying here, but my sympathies are limited. Had he walked and received no compensation I'd have fully agreed with you. If he's pocketed money from this exit then I can't sympathise in the slightest. Most people who are shite are their job don't receive a decent pile of cash upon their sacking.

Again, I have to say why are you focussing on the money?

I am talking someone about losing a job. The money isn't the issue.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I focus on the money because had he resigned, that would be him admitting he hadn't done well enough and leaving without a pay check. By being forced to leave, chances are he's going to receive a payoff - one which I feel he doesn't deserve as his performance here has been woeful. If I was that shit in my current workplace, I'd had been told to leave within 12 weeks without receiving monies. His efforts do not merit any sort of payoff . 

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I focus on the money because had he resigned, that would be him admitting he hadn't done well enough and leaving without a pay check. By being forced to leave, chances are he's going to receive a payoff - one which I feel he doesn't deserve as his performance here has been woeful. If I was that shit in my current workplace, I'd had been told to leave within 12 weeks without receiving monies. His efforts do not merit any sort of payoff . 

Yes but with respect that is solely because you don't have a contract which allows that sort of payoff.

You either have to negotiate it or persuade someone you are good enough to merit it.

All this left wing hand wringing about money is distorting the issue. Always does. It's the politics of envy.

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes but with respect that is solely because you don't have a contract which allows that sort of payoff.

You either have to negotiate it or persuade someone you are good enough to merit it.

All this left wing hand wringing about money is distorting the issue. Always does. It's the politics of envy.

No it isn't.

It's simply suggesting that Stubbs isn't waking up tomorrow wondering if he'll need to find a foodbank while waiting for his first unemployment deposit. He'll more likely get up feeling like a weight is off his shoulder and he has a hefty wedge to see him through till he gets his next failed manager's media gig.

You can't help bring politics into everything and wrongly thinking all those with left wing leanings are jealous while right wing supporters are well balanced, honest, sympathetic souls.

39 minutes ago, Kemp said:

"A man lost his job"

Hope Alan Stubbs gets his full contract paid up.

Gordon and our BOD :booty

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
35 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And he'll walk straight back into another job.

Unlikely to be a manager's job though. I truly think the last nail's in the coffin.

Alan Stubbs comes from a council estate. Thought you'd hate him!! [emoji1]

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

No it isn't.

It's simply suggesting that Stubbs isn't waking up tomorrow wondering if he'll need to find a foodbank while waiting for his first unemployment deposit. He'll more likely get up feeling like a weight is off his shoulder and he has a hefty wedge to see him through till he gets his next failed manager's media gig.

You can't help bring politics into everything and wrongly thinking all those with left wing leanings are jealous while right wing supporters are well balanced, honest, sympathetic souls.

I made no judgement on right wingers.

I am saying that left wingers are very good at stealing the moral high ground and showing that they care about people right up to the point where they get the slightest whiff of someone having money. At that point they become worse bastards than any right winger I have ever met.