I made no judgement on right wingers. I am saying that left wingers are very good at stealing the moral high ground and showing that they care about people right up to the point where they get the slightest whiff of someone having money. At that point they become worse bastards than any right winger I have ever met.

Nothing like a bit of unsubstantiated generalisation to make your case.

Left wing, right wing? This is a football forum FFS.

For the record, I’m not jealous of Stubbs money at all but still believe he’s won a watch here and will somehow manage to deal with the emotional stress of it all.

What side of the political divide does that leave me on?

34 minutes ago, gilberto said:

What does LPN mean? I've googled it (sorry Oaky) and it seems to mean Licenced Practical Nurse. Have I missed something?

No I think you've pretty much got it with that.

I have no better alternatives.

Maybe the poster LPM will know.

Oh hang on......:lol:

52 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Nothing like a bit of unsubstantiated generalisation to make your case.

Left wing, right wing? This is a football forum FFS.

For the record, I’m not jealous of Stubbs money at all but still believe he’s won a watch here and will somehow manage to deal with the emotional stress of it all.

What side of the political divide does that leave me on?

That bit in bold. I am not wrong though. I wish I was but I'm not.

As for which political divide you stand on? No idea bud.

If you genuinely think that money makes emotional stress easier to deal with then I have to disagree in the strongest terms. Some of the highest rates of depression are amongst those with more money. I have my own thoughts on why that should be but that's a topic for another day.

I know it sounds logical to suggest that at least you don't have to worry about foodbanks when you are rich but this spectacularly misses the point about emotional problems, feelings of self worth etc.

Edited by oaksoft

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I made no judgement on right wingers.

I am saying that left wingers are very good at stealing the moral high ground and showing that they care about people right up to the point where they get the slightest whiff of someone having money. At that point they become worse bastards than any right winger I have ever met.

You are generalising. There are many left wing supporters who actually have money. Where there tends to be common ground for all is when a company/individual creates wealth, usually in partnership with people working for them, then decides to try to circumvent paying their share in tax.

Now that is immoral.

Edited by stlucifer

That bit in bold. I am not wrong though. I wish I was but I'm not.
As for which political divide you stand on? No idea bud.
If you genuinely think that money makes emotional stress easier to deal with then I have to disagree in the strongest terms. Some of the highest rates of depression are amongst those with more money. I have my own thoughts on why that should be but that's a topic for another day.
I know it sounds logical to suggest that at least you don't have to worry about foodbanks when you are rich but this spectacularly misses the point about emotional problems, feelings of self worth etc.

We’ll agree to differ then Oaky.

Having been let go in a previous role the pain/embarrassment that I felt was definitely softened by the enhanced package I received as it made the subsequent conversation with my family easier and have me breathing room to find my next role.

I appreciate the glare of the media spotlight makes the circumstances around these two cases different but I’m sure the package (undoubtedly deserved despite any failings) received affords Stubbs the same.

Anyway, the King is dead..........

We’ll agree to differ then Oaky.

Having been let go in a previous role the pain/embarrassment that I felt was definitely softened by the enhanced package I received as it made the subsequent conversation with my family easier and gave me breathing room to find my next role.

I appreciate the glare of the media spotlight makes the circumstances around these two cases different but I’m sure the package (undoubtedly deserved despite any failings) received affords Stubbs the same.

Anyway, the King is dead..........

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

You are generalising. There are many left wing supporters who actually have money. Where there tends to be common ground for all is when a company/individual creates wealth, usually in partnership with people working for them, then decides to try to circumvent paying their share in tax.

Now that is immoral.

No it isn't. If you want to complain about tax avoidance you need to talk to the government who create and sanction those schemes.

20 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

On the 8th of August you said what a magnificent job our Chairman and  BOD were doing- I agree this is not ideal but support or don't but you look a right plank doing both 

Right to change my mind. 

I did, now I don't. 

Might again later today. 

Then have a different opinion again next week or as soon as tonight. 

Can't just support blindly. 

31 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

On the 8th of August you said what a magnificent job our Chairman and  BOD were doing- I agree this is not ideal but support or don't but you look a right plank doing both 

And anyway, I used to think you were decent. 

But you have become an abusive prat over the last month. 

So sod off.  :byebye

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If you think who started the thread then relate it to another forum member you should manage to work it out............

If you can't be arsed it's meant to be LPM. :P

Guys we need a directory happy to pitch in ...With just a few

FAS- Faraway Saint

Oaky- Oaksoft

DJ - Me

LPM- Wish it was LSMD ( Lord Strike me Down )

WDWB- Why do we Bother

HMB- Helpmabob

Lucy- St Luciffer

Div- Trump/ Stalin/ Thatcher/ Hitler

Shull- Taxi For

Ricky- Lots and lots and Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and Lots- St Ricky

FTOF- ?

17 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Guys we need a directory happy to pitch in ...With just a few

FAS- Faraway Saint

Oaky- Oaksoft

DJ - Me

LPM- Wish it was LSMD ( Lord Strike me Down )

WDWB- Why do we Bother

HMB- Helpmabob

Lucy- St Luciffer

Div- Trump/ Stalin/ Thatcher/ Hitler

Shull- Taxi For

Ricky- Lots and lots and Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and Lots- St Ricky

FTOF- ?

F Man. - Faraway Saint

Grandpa Walton -St Ricky (courtesy of Kemp) 

FTOF-far too old fashioned (joking) 

Edited by St.Ricky