So what now for SMFC?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Seriously..?

you must ge the only connected st mirren fan not to be aware of the wave of leaks that can only have come out of the club. But if your cool with it, thats up to you.

Connected to who exactly ??? Again all in your head !

Nothing was leaked to me as I have no connection to anyone at the club.  Leaks or no leaks the bottom line as I said is the board saw fit to hire him and the board so fit to fire him. All water under the bridge but that's the facts. 

1 hour ago, The Original 59er said:
1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Either he's a good manager, and was taking the club forward, or he's not (spoiler alert: he wasn't). Nobody wants to lose, nobody wants him (and Jackson) to be poisonous. There wouldn't be any need for a campaign of any sort if he was half-way competent at the job he claimed he could do.

Yes, the board made a mistake in recruiting a horrendous manager, and now they've acted to repair the error. You're saying they're not accepting responsibility for their error, but I'd argue that by binning him, that's exactly what they've done, and I really don't see what the big deal is.

We were in a similar situation after the summer of 2014 - we could see it was going wrong, but no action was taken. And then Teale was sort-of given the job, but not confirmed for ages, and then we sold McLean and we were f**ked. That is negligent running of a football club.

Owners of clubs don't fall on their sword every time they appoint a dud, you daft sod :lol:

Yes the BoD's have reacted much more quickly than in TC's reign, but that doesn't get away from the fact that they have hardly shown themselves up to be prudent custodians of the club!

I repeat the question:"what good self-respecting person would want to take this gig"?!

I'm not convinced that the mistakes the Board have made and the rumblings coming from the way that all this has been handled make us a likely target for any aspiring manager who sees us as a step up and provides them with any form of job stability any longer than 1 year (near enough our average length of time through 7 managers since 2010) :angry:

Love your 'positive' attitude  B)

11 minutes ago, jaybee said:

You: my friend need to take some lessons on how things work in the real world not the fantasy one that you live in.  Why would a business man who has accumulated millions in deals (one assumes by being nice and polite and considerate to everyone he was doing business with and of course being careful not to upset them and to be equally considerate of all and any sensitivities) be particularly worried about how it looks when he wants to sack someone who really didn't deliver what their interview promised?  And far more importantly: why would anyone consider what you think as being worthy of debate.

Jeez... you've never worked with the shits in business thats obvious. And you seem to love me, and my posts.

sensitivities...ffs

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Connected to who exactly ??? Again all in your head !

Nothing was leaked to me as I have no connection to anyone at the club.  Leaks or no leaks the bottom line as I said is the board saw fit to hire him and the board so fit to fire him. All water under the bridge but that's the facts. 

Its all about t'internet..!

young people (under 55) call,it being connected, rather than running through all your possible devices, platform and apps.

not apes mind, but apps!

33 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
35 minutes ago, div said:

Rumours exist around all clubs at all times. Most of the time they are absolutely pish.

Only the players themselves know what has happened at training and in the dressing room over the past few weeks, and likewise only the Staff and Directors at the club truly know what has went on to lead them to the decision that was taken yesterday.

You are speculating that nothing at all happened, and that actually the board just fancied binning him, just for the shits.

I'd say that it utter and complete bollocks. And I'll tell you that to your face if you like.

You owe me a pint anyway so you can pay for the privilege. I am not cheap... but i can be bought!

MOST tarts can :lol:

33 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Excellent post my arse! LPM on occasions comes up with some eminently reasonable thoughts and opinions, this occasion is NOT one of them.  LPM chooses his quotes with care as does anyone who are using other people's words to support their own usually 'unsupportable' ideas.  Do you or anyone else with a modicum of intelligence; seriously believe that someone;  as astute as GLS is; would simply wait till things get so bad that they become irrecoverable.  YES, it has only been four league games but the other games were just as bad if not worse and yes he has not had long to attempt to turn it round; correct, but he doesn't seem to want to do that he seems more intent on passing the buck.  His attitude, demeanour and shambolick man-management style are certainly not conducive to him garnering any support within the club and at the end of the day whether it is the BOD or simply GLS who has pulled the plug I think it was definitely the correct decision.  Now these are simply MY opinions which by the way have just as much validity as the crap written by LPM, only I do not need huge capital letters and other peoples quotations to support what I think.  I think St Mirren football club is owned by GLS who having decided that he or the BOD and himself had made a mistake, have now attempted to rectify it before it gets worse, what they do next is up to them.  I think they will try and do the best for the club they all support which by the way is what the likes of LPM and other 'supposed' supporters should also be doing . NOT stirring shit.

Scott - astute ? 

He gave Alan Stubbs a 3 year contract, financing it with the fans money. 

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Took a step back last night when the confirmation came through our manager had been sacked after four league games. It seems the co-ordinated campaign to de-stabilise him with leak, after leak from players, directors and staff got the result they wanted? And please, dont insult either your, or my intelligence sugesting this wasnt a club endorsed approach to build up an Anti Stubbs mob, so the board could make it look like they were getting it right by eventually sacking him.

this shit-strewn type of dirty campaign has been run by clubs before, including ours, and always comes with a much higher cost than those who endorsed and encouraged it ever conceive. So what now? Whats the club strategy now they have succeeded in smearing their own employee?

Love a conspiracy but this sounds a bit far fetched, like the St Mirren version of Alex Jones on Infowars.  :lol: 

Information has came out since he got the sack, but when a guy isn't liked by the squad that's pretty normal, especially when most of them around Paisley and Glasgow. I've seen opinions being shared but nothing that was club endorsed. To suggest that is a pretty wild accusation? Why isn't Stubbs kicking up about it? 

Truth seems to be he knew he hadn't done well, accepted the payment and left. Unless something else comes out in the coming days..

3 minutes ago, shull said:
38 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Excellent post my arse! LPM on occasions comes up with some eminently reasonable thoughts and opinions, this occasion is NOT one of them.  LPM chooses his quotes with care as does anyone who are using other people's words to support their own usually 'unsupportable' ideas.  Do you or anyone else with a modicum of intelligence; seriously believe that someone;  as astute as GLS is; would simply wait till things get so bad that they become irrecoverable.  YES, it has only been four league games but the other games were just as bad if not worse and yes he has not had long to attempt to turn it round; correct, but he doesn't seem to want to do that he seems more intent on passing the buck.  His attitude, demeanour and shambolick man-management style are certainly not conducive to him garnering any support within the club and at the end of the day whether it is the BOD or simply GLS who has pulled the plug I think it was definitely the correct decision.  Now these are simply MY opinions which by the way have just as much validity as the crap written by LPM, only I do not need huge capital letters and other peoples quotations to support what I think.  I think St Mirren football club is owned by GLS who having decided that he or the BOD and himself had made a mistake, have now attempted to rectify it before it gets worse, what they do next is up to them.  I think they will try and do the best for the club they all support which by the way is what the likes of LPM and other 'supposed' supporters should also be doing . NOT stirring shit.

Scott - astute ? 

He gave Alan Stubbs a 3 year contract, financing it with the fans money. 

Ok!  well; was he astute when he brought Ross in?  I think which league the club is in now compared to where it was heading at that time speaks for itself, so I would say astute. 

And I mean no disrespect, but what do you do for a living compared to him, I'm not sure; I think you may drive a taxi and there's nothing wrong with that, BUT you do not own  a football club, he does. Again 'some people might debate how clever that is' but I would suggest astute.

As for the money; surely it's the clubs money and WHO exactly owns the club?

Don't think I can win this one though, yes he did employ Stubbs,  but at least he saw it wasn't working and acted to sort it out  

And finally; I think he is a fan and that to me is very important because ultimately he has the clubs future at heart

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

Ok!  well; was he astute when he brought Ross in?  I think which league the club is in now compared to where it was heading at that time speaks for itself, so I would say astute. 

And I mean no disrespect, but what do you do for a living compared to him, I'm not sure; I think you may drive a taxi and there's nothing wrong with that, BUT you do not own  a football club, he does. Again 'some people might debate how clever that is' but I would suggest astute.

Don't think I can win this one though, yes he did employ Stubbs,  but at least he saw it wasn't working and acted to sort it out  

And finally; I think he is a fan and that to me is very important because ultimately he has the clubs future at heart

What a silly post. 

Doesn't matter what Scott or I do for a living. 

Doesn't mean any one of us could run a football Club. 

Many Business millionaires have made an arse of managing Clubs. 

He is charging Ten Pounds for us to watch St Mirren Under 21's this Saturday. 

And of course - THE THREE YEAR CONTRACT. 

What was up with a one year rolling contract ? 

1 minute ago, shull said:
9 minutes ago, jaybee said:

What a silly post. 

The POINT of what one does for a living is to ascertain the likelihood of how successful one might be in another business venture.  I would call someone who made money in the cutthroat world of building;  pretty astute; you obviously think otherwise; your prerogative.  And so if I choose to think someone who made money in the building trade, (enough by the way to buy a football club) is better equipped to run it than a taxi driver, well pardon me for breathing.

And yes you are correct; it certainly doesn't mean either of you are fit to run a football club, except he is and you aren't.

Many Business millionaires have made an arse of managing Clubs.  Correct.  And others haven't

Ten Pounds for us to watch St Mirren Under 21's this Saturday.  Can't argue with that, but then again you are obviously a typical jock tight arsed taxi driver; it's in your blood.

THE THREE YEAR CONTRACT.  Mmmmmmmmmm  well he is owned up to that and attempted to put it right

And yes;  a one year rolling contract  would have been more sensible, but perhaps he was trying to stop what happened with Ross from happening again should Stubbs have been successful?

And finally. I thought this was a Forum all about debate which I believe I have been participating in ERGO I don't appreciate  'What a silly post. '  I had not disrespected anything  that you said or yourself; so a tad unnecessary I think.

20 minutes ago, shull said:

What a silly post. 

Minimum pricing in the competition 

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

The POINT of what one does for a living is to ascertain the likelihood of how successful one might be in another business venture.  I would call someone who made money in the cutthroat world of building;  pretty astute; you obviously think otherwise; your prerogative.  And so if I choose to think someone who made money in the building trade, (enough by the way to buy a football club) is better equipped to run it than a taxi driver, well pardon me for breathing.

And yes you are correct; it certainly doesn't mean either of you are fit to run a football club, except he is and you aren't.

Many Business millionaires have made an arse of managing Clubs.  Correct.  And others haven't

Ten Pounds for us to watch St Mirren Under 21's this Saturday.  Can't argue with that, but then again you are obviously a typical jock tight arsed taxi driver; it's in your blood.

THE THREE YEAR CONTRACT.  Mmmmmmmmmm  well he is owned up to that and attempted to put it right

And yes;  a one year rolling contract  would have been more sensible, but perhaps he was trying to stop what happened with Ross from happening again should Stubbs have been successful?

And finally. I thought this was a Forum all about debate which I believe I have been participating in ERGO I don't appreciate  'What a silly post. '  I had not disrespected anything  that you said or yourself; so a tad unnecessary I think.

Mumbo jumbo. 

But then I am only a Private Hire Driver. 

So that is me well and truly trumped. 

Only, I wouldn't, in football offer any Manager a three year contract. 

David Murray was a super dooper businessman but when it came to football he had to cheat to make money and to win. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Players change, managers change, the landscape of our beloved football club changes.

One of the few constants though is of course, LPM posting complete and utter unfounded bollocks on B&W Army. 

No he doesn't. 

Just you being abusive because his opinion differs from yours. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Mumbo jumbo. 

But then I am only a Private Hire Driver. 

So that is me well and truly trumped. 

Only, I wouldn't, in football offer any Manager a three year contract. 

David Murray was a super dooper businessman but when it came to football he had to cheat to make money and to win. 

I think you will find David Murray was a car crash of a Businessman in the latter years hence why Lloyds got involved.............