So what now for SMFC?

5 hours ago, Soctty said:

Let's look at the squad left behind.

We have, I think, 10 members of the squad who won the league last season - Samson, Eckersley, Mackenzie, Baird, McGinn, Magennis, McShane, Smith, Mullen, Flynn, plus fringe players like Erhahon, McPherson and Kirkpatrick.

Of the signings, Coulson looked a great prospect when he signed, but his confidence has been sapped over time. Similarly Kpekawa looked good on his debut, before becoming a jitter big lump who looked terrified of making a mistake. A new manager who can restore their confidence could have two very decent players,

Hodson is an experienced international full back who should definitely do a job for us in this league, while Edwards is an experienced midfielder with nearly 100 premiership games under his belt. Brock-Madsen is surely able to be a useful player in the Premiership having scored a few goals in the Eredivisie. Paul McGinn has a lot of Premiership experience as well.

The fellas from down south, the non-league players and loans, are more difficult to predict what impact they could have with proper direction and tactical training.

Don't write off the season just yet.

Great post.

I think we have a very good chance of a spectacular turn around if we can just find someone capable of rebuilding the confidence in those players.

We might need to be a bit patient before results start to come though.

Just organise that defence and midfield FFS before next Friday night.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Its all about t'internet..!

young people (under 55) call,it being connected, rather than running through all your possible devices, platform and apps.

not apes mind, but apps!

Splutter.......!

Don't tell my daughter that. She thinks anything over 25 is old and gross.

4 hours ago, jaybee said:

The POINT of what one does for a living is to ascertain the likelihood of how successful one might be in another business venture.  I would call someone who made money in the cutthroat world of building;  pretty astute; you obviously think otherwise; your prerogative.  And so if I choose to think someone who made money in the building trade, (enough by the way to buy a football club) is better equipped to run it than a taxi driver, well pardon me for breathing.

In fairness, whilst on the face of it you make a reasonable point, it isn't as simple as that.

The world is littered with people who were seemingly successful in one business venture only to crash and burn in the next.

In fact, it is extremely common to find that multimillionnaires have a stream of several bankruptcies sprinkled around their history. I personally know of two because I went to school with them. Their stories of risk etc. made my blood run cold. The rewards were fabulous but the failures decimated the lives of their families who had financially supported them and people employed by them.

It's the disastrous failures which can provide the platform for sustained success. I would be VERY sceptical of any businessman who didn't have at least one significant failure in their past. I am making no comment on Gordon either way here because I don't know him or his business background.

We should be careful not to read too much into their past successes though.

Having said that, I am pretty certain there is no parallel universe in which shull becomes a successful owner of Saints. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

20 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Whats disgraceful. He was a very poor businessman. Seem to be some Murray supporters on here. Car crash as in poor

I think they are referring to the fact that Murray lost the use of both legs after a car crash.

They are assuming, probably not without some cause, that you are aware of that and are using it to be a Shock Jock.

52 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Surely only a troll would post this kind of nonsense. A co-ordinated campaign? Utter pish.  Stubbs created his own downfall.

The " Drew " way out.

Call somebody a Troll when they have a differing opinion.

29 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Feckin moron..... there u have it you scummy wee troll. Now go collect someone .serve a purpose. You just branded 80% of Scotlands supporters with ur blanket comments. Ps Scotland and Scotlands woman have OF links. No doubt you want Albania to win. Ur actually the worst poster on here by a mile cause ur a 2 faced cnut. Now f**k off

You still can't read and comprehend.

Bigot Lover 

1 minute ago, shull said:

The " Drew " way out.

Not quite.

The "Drew" way out is to then put you on ignore with the other 70% of the forum users, repeatedly announce he has done that and then launch a personal campaign to get as many others to put you on ignore as possible. It's all a bit sad and pathetic really.

34 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Whats disgraceful. He was a very poor businessman. Seem to be some Murray supporters on here. Car crash as in poor

Very very very bad taste

Horrible person you are

Really sad

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not quite.

The "Drew" way out is to then put you on ignore with the other 70% of the forum users, repeatedly announce he has done that and then launch a personal campaign to get as many others to put you on ignore as possible. It's all a bit sad and pathetic really.

That's an idea, everybody put Poz and Drew on ignore then they can have a great wee forum where only they two will get any response from each other?  :lol:

#whatawonderfulworld

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's an idea, everybody put Poz and Drew on ignore then they can have a great wee forum where only they two will get any response from each other?  :lol:

#whatawonderfulworld

Done.

I feel slightly soiled by the hypocrisy though yet at the same time also tingly inside.

I've got to get off this forum for a night........

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I think they are referring to the fact that Murray lost the use of both legs after a car crash.

They are assuming, probably not without some cause, that you are aware of that and are using it to be a Shock Jock.

Yes thats not what i meant. So i think that refects their minds not mine. 

8 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

U know perfectly well that is not what i meant. That reflects ur mind not mine pal. Crossed the line so congrats ur my first on ignore

Well, there you go. You certainly love to dish it out. But ................

Ta ta.

Not even an apology for your constant abuse for the last month.

Enjoy the Europa League with your half n half sectarian scarf

12 hours ago, FTOF said:

We appointed a manager.

Manager was shite.

We sacked manager.

Simple.

Any other theories are the work of a fevered mind of a person with way too much time on their hands.:)

Well here's my conspiracy theory.

GLS is besties way wee Gus.

GLS knows majority would baulk at wee Gus replacing God. (JR)

GLS is pals way Stubbs.

So... Here goes:

"Hi Allan. I know you need a few bucks so here's the deal".

Stubbsy, "Whas up our kid"?

"Well. I want to employ you on a kiddioan 3 year deal which I want you to totalyy fcuk up and I'll gee ye 75 thoosan pound for 3 months work".

"Sozz?  In why wood yer wanna do that"?

"Well, if it looks like yiv really fcuked up I kin bring ma gid mate Angry in an the fans ull accept it".

Stubbsy, "Fcuk.. I'd be a laghin stock".

GLS, "Nae mare than yuv been since Rotheram".

Stubbsy, "Awright our kid"!

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, shull said:

The " Drew " way out.

No my opinion is based on what i thought about Stubbs and the job he was badly doing  and to even believe there was some sort of  co-ordinated campaign is pure fantasy.

Well here's my conspiracy theory.

GLS is besties way wee Gus.
GLS knows majority would baulk at wee Gus replacing God. (JR)
GLS is pals way Stubbs.
So... Here goes:
"Hi Allan. I know you need a few bucks so here's the deal".
Stubbsy, "Whas up our kid"?
"Well. I want to employ you on a kiddioan 3 year deal which I want you to totalyy fcuk up and I'll gee ye 75 thoosan pound for 3 months work".
"Wae aye man, in why wood yer wanna do that"?
"Well, if it looks like yiv really fcuked up I kin bring ma gid mate Angry in an the fans ull accept it".
Stubbsy, "Fcuk.. I'd be a laghin stock".
GLS, "Nae mare than yuv been since Rotheram".
Stubbsy, "DEAL"!

Wow !!! Howay man
I didn’t know Stubbsy was a Geordie