Players in the huff

Just now, Oldfellow said:

I hope those players who took the huff at Stubbs act more professionally with the next manager. They have gone way down in my opinion and appear to think they are a lot better than  they actually are.  They have a lot to prove. 

Your evidence? Noone knows what happened behind the scenes other than the club and Stubbs(his coaching staff too).  Any person in any walk of life can be demotivated if those running the ship lack lack the skills of human resource management.  There was a lot more than results behind AS sacking. I am sure any attitude problems (get them at every club) will be resolved by the new manager and Board.

7 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Your evidence? Noone knows what happened behind the scenes other than the club and Stubbs(his coaching staff too).  Any person in any walk of life can be demotivated if those running the ship lack lack the skills of human resource management.  There was a lot more than results behind AS sacking. I am sure any attitude problems (get them at every club) will be resolved by the new manager and Board.

No one knows yet there's a lot more than results behind the sacking? :blink:

Stubbs got his recruitment wrong, and got sacked.

the board got their recruitment wrong, and... get to do it all over again.

the players,  all the fit/capable regulars from last year who are being played got their attitude and performances wrong... and they get to do it all over again.

the recent recruited players, got their attitude and performances wrong... and they get to do it all over again.

what, i wonder will the new guy get?

and more importantly as there now seems (given the captain's scathing attack on them in the media) a 'them & us' divide in the dressing room between the players Ross didnt release, and the ones Stubbs brought in.  How does that help convince a good manger to take the job on? It looks like the next incumbent will be thrown to the lions!

Clearly, the only solution is to get rid of Stubbs, Jackson and Rice for their mistakes. Get rid of GLS, the BoD, and any club official for their mistakes. Get rid of any players from the Jack Ross era who may or may not have been under performing and are making mistakes. Get rid of any players Stubbs signed who are perceived as ‘sub standard’ for the Scottish top flight and their mistakes. Get a brand new chairman, board, management team, and in January, once the squad is entirely, and I mean entirely, filled with new players of their choosing.... then we can all move on.

Then, if it’s still shit, get rid of them all and start again.... and repeat. I don’t think it’s going out on a limb to suggest that of those interviewed, Stubbs did the best job of convincing the BoD he was the man. You often hear stories of actors going for jobs and when they are asked ‘can you ride a horse’ or whatever, they say ‘oh yeah, expert, horses? easy...’ having never been on one, but they need to get the job and they need to impress. Pretty sure Stubbs would have impressed with talk of contacts, quality loanees, and his Rotherham experience hardening him for the challenge, learned from his mistakes, fired up for the task, ready to pick up the torch from Jack, refreshed after a break from football, yadda, yadda.

To some extent then, I feel Stubbs told them he was an expert horseman, oh aye, no trouble. I actually feel very sorry for GLS and Fitzy, who clearly, absolutely, must have been convinced Stubbs was the best candidate from those who applied, to take us on into the top flight. We are all sitting wondering how quickly feelgood factor can be blown out of the water, just think how those two men feel. They gave him the keys and he pretty much trashed their car for them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but mine is that GLS and Fitzy have been burned and must be hurting, even more than us. Time to back them, and hope the next big decision they take works out. 

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

the players,  all the fit/capable regulars from last year who are being played got their attitude and performances wrong... and they get to do it all over again.

the recent recruited players, got their attitude and performances wrong... and they get to do it all over again.

and more importantly as there now seems (given the captain's scathing attack on them in the media) a 'them & us' divide in the dressing room between the players Ross didnt release, and the ones Stubbs brought in.  How does that help convince a good manger to take the job on? It looks like the next incumbent will be thrown to the lions!

Well going by your assessment above I think you are suggesting that Stubbs, the entire BOD and all the players that Stubbs didn't get brought in get sacked....... the scoreboard didn't work v Livi , I also think technical support should be sacked :rolleyes:

How to contradict yourself in one easy post! [emoji1]

True. Those in the media who have commented have simply given their own opinions and how valid they are and based on their own inside info/contacts etc I don't know.  

You asked the OP for evidence of the players going in a huff.

You said that no one outside the club knows what’s happening behind the scenes.

Then said that AS was sacked for more than just results.

Then you admit that you don’t actually know! [emoji1]

You’re all over the place. As usual!

[emoji12]

3 hours ago, Oldfellow said:

I hope those players who took the huff at Stubbs act more professionally with the next manager. They have gone way down in my opinion and appear to think they are a lot better than  they actually are.  They have a lot to prove. 

I somehow believe you to be somewhat misinformed as to how an organisation such as a football club works.

The players taking the huff is unimportant to the career of a manager

The fans taking the huff is unimportant to the career of a  manager

The board taking the huff, well don't let the door hit your sizable arse on the way out.

Perhaps you critique would be better aimed at the board thus allowing people like me to reply in support of the board with praise of oor Gordon's ability to be decisive.

I have never met oor Gordon but I do like him, like him indeed

They proved what they are by cantering to a league championship only to be told they are shite and find a new club. It’s AS that has to prove he is a good man manager as he has now failed spectacularly twice.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You asked the OP for evidence of the players going in a huff.

You said that no one outside the club knows what’s happening behind the scenes.

Then said that AS was sacked for more than just results.

Then you admit that you don’t actually know! emoji1.png

You’re all over the place. As usual!

emoji12.png

You really are having difficulty comprehending people giving their views (those in the media) and making statements in the press and other media outlets and others making claims about players going into a huff. As I said before only those within the inner sanctum of Greenhill Road know what really happened re the sacking of Alan Stubbs.  The OP may be 100% correct but how do you quantify it beyond media speculation? 

Edited by nedflanders123

You really are having difficulty comprehending people giving their views (those in the media) and making statements in the press and other media outlets and others making claims about players going into a huff. As I said before only those within the inner sanctum of Greenhill Road know what really happened re the sacking of Alan Stubbs.  The OP may be 100% correct but how do you quantify it beyond media speculation? 

It’s YOUR posts that I am really having difficulty comprehending! [emoji1]

You’ve tied yourself in so many knots here that I doubt even you can comprehend your own posts!

:1eye

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Clearly, the only solution is to get rid of Stubbs, Jackson and Rice for their mistakes. Get rid of GLS, the BoD, and any club official for their mistakes. Get rid of any players from the Jack Ross era who may or may not have been under performing and are making mistakes. Get rid of any players Stubbs signed who are perceived as ‘sub standard’ for the Scottish top flight and their mistakes. Get a brand new chairman, board, management team, and in January, once the squad is entirely, and I mean entirely, filled with new players of their choosing.... then we can all move on.

Then, if it’s still shit, get rid of them all and start again.... and repeat. I don’t think it’s going out on a limb to suggest that of those interviewed, Stubbs did the best job of convincing the BoD he was the man. You often hear stories of actors going for jobs and when they are asked ‘can you ride a horse’ or whatever, they say ‘oh yeah, expert, horses? easy...’ having never been on one, but they need to get the job and they need to impress. Pretty sure Stubbs would have impressed with talk of contacts, quality loanees, and his Rotherham experience hardening him for the challenge, learned from his mistakes, fired up for the task, ready to pick up the torch from Jack, refreshed after a break from football, yadda, yadda.

To some extent then, I feel Stubbs told them he was an expert horseman, oh aye, no trouble. I actually feel very sorry for GLS and Fitzy, who clearly, absolutely, must have been convinced Stubbs was the best candidate from those who applied, to take us on into the top flight. We are all sitting wondering how quickly feelgood factor can be blown out of the water, just think how those two men feel. They gave him the keys and he pretty much trashed their car for them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but mine is that GLS and Fitzy have been burned and must be hurting, even more than us. Time to back them, and hope the next big decision they take works out. 

I don't think there has ever been a prospective employee that has not promoted their talents or  embellished their CV a little in trying to convince the employer that he or she is the right person for the job.  Now, the employer wouldn't really know too much about the candidate other that what they can derive from the interview so the only way to evaluate the applicant is by asking pertinent questions.  I suppose that's why companies have a department devoted to this science, namely - human resources.  But in this case, Alan Stubbs' background was an open book; everybody knew of him; he couldn't hide nor tell lies so it was essentially down to the BoD to ask the relevant questions and analyse the answers.

I think it a bit disingenuous to suggest AS pulled the wool over the eyes of the board who, if they have 'been burned and been hurting' implies naivety.

Edited by Desperately Seeking Susans

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Well going by your assessment above I think you are suggesting that Stubbs, the entire BOD and all the players that Stubbs didn't get brought in get sacked....... the scoreboard didn't work v Livi , I also think technical support should be sacked :rolleyes:

My assessment is no one got it right, but only one person, or one part of the problem is gone!

the new guy is left/expected to wave a magic wand and 'fix' the carnage that still exists. He'll need his extra weetabix!

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

My assessment is no one got it right, but only one person, or one part of the problem is gone!

the new guy is left/expected to wave a magic wand and 'fix' the carnage that still exists. He'll need his extra weetabix!

Well all the players are down at Mar Hall tomorrow including BOD, so we will see what the mood is. Hard par 5 1st should sort them out

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

would you mind showing him the way please? :rolleyes: