Players in the huff

3 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I don't think there has ever been a prospective employee that has not promoted their talents or  embellished their CV a little in trying to convince the employer that he or she is the right person for the job.  Now, the employer wouldn't really know too much about the candidate other that what they can derive from the interview so the only way to evaluate the applicant is by asking pertinent questions.  I suppose that's why companies have a department devoted to this science, namely - human resources.  But in this case, Alan Stubbs' background was an open book; everybody knew of him; he couldn't hide nor tell lies so it was essentially down to the BoD to ask the relevant questions and analyse the answers.

I think it a bit disingenuous to suggest AS pulled the wool over the eyes of the board who, if they have 'been burned and been hurting' implies naivety.

I agree and disagree with a lot you say here. If GLS and Fitzy ignored, or glossed over Stubbs reign at Rotherham, then shame on them. However, a football manager’s job has so many imponderables, unknowns, until the bloke is actually working day to day with the players, and everyone sees the performances / results with their own eyes. Stubbs, Guti, McIntyre, Kearney, Goodwin, Guardiola... every one of them would have been a gamble and no guarantee of being a hit... so I stand by my view that no matter how much due diligence GLS and Fitzy undertook, the fact their chosen candidate has pretty much crashed and burned will have burned them, and they will, as they care about our club, be hurting. I simply don’t subscribe to the view that they should be hunted down by an angry mob with pitchforks, and made ‘to pay for their mistakes’.

Edited by pozbaird

I think there’s a difference between being ‘in the huff’ and being demotivated, leading to poor performances.
Given Stubbs’ attitude to senior figures both privately and publically it’s absolutely no surprise they were performing poorly.
Had to laugh a little at McShane’s dig at AS on national TV...

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Clearly, the only solution is to get rid of Stubbs, Jackson and Rice for their mistakes. Get rid of GLS, the BoD, and any club official for their mistakes. Get rid of any players from the Jack Ross era who may or may not have been under performing and are making mistakes. Get rid of any players Stubbs signed who are perceived as ‘sub standard’ for the Scottish top flight and their mistakes. Get a brand new chairman, board, management team, and in January, once the squad is entirely, and I mean entirely, filled with new players of their choosing.... then we can all move on.

Then, if it’s still shit, get rid of them all and start again.... and repeat. I don’t think it’s going out on a limb to suggest that of those interviewed, Stubbs did the best job of convincing the BoD he was the man. You often hear stories of actors going for jobs and when they are asked ‘can you ride a horse’ or whatever, they say ‘oh yeah, expert, horses? easy...’ having never been on one, but they need to get the job and they need to impress. Pretty sure Stubbs would have impressed with talk of contacts, quality loanees, and his Rotherham experience hardening him for the challenge, learned from his mistakes, fired up for the task, ready to pick up the torch from Jack, refreshed after a break from football, yadda, yadda.

To some extent then, I feel Stubbs told them he was an expert horseman, oh aye, no trouble. I actually feel very sorry for GLS and Fitzy, who clearly, absolutely, must have been convinced Stubbs was the best candidate from those who applied, to take us on into the top flight. We are all sitting wondering how quickly feelgood factor can be blown out of the water, just think how those two men feel. They gave him the keys and he pretty much trashed their car for them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but mine is that GLS and Fitzy have been burned and must be hurting, even more than us. Time to back them, and hope the next big decision they take works out. 

You forgot to add "Get rid of the supporters" for their knickerwetting or happy clapping, whichever they're guilty of.  Get in a brand new set of fans with no baggage.

Oh, and bin the tea lady while we're at it.

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

You forgot to add "Get rid of the supporters" for their knickerwetting or happy clapping, whichever they're guilty of.  Get in a brand new set of fans with no baggage.

Oh, and bin the tea lady while we're at it.

Good point. New management, new chairman, new BoD, new players, new staff, new supporters.... it’s the only way to move on from the mistakes we all make.

2 hours ago, W6Saint said:

I think there’s a difference between being ‘in the huff’ and being demotivated, leading to poor performances.
Given Stubbs’ attitude to senior figures both privately and publically it’s absolutely no surprise they were performing poorly.
Had to laugh a little at McShane’s dig at AS on national TV...

I missed that what was it ?

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

Thankfully some fella recorded it and stuck it on the Twitterweb

This is why Twitter is shite.

At no point did McShane have a "dig" and most importantly he didn't use the word "actually" so Jen is talking shite.

There is nothing controversial in what he says here. He's hoping the next manager likes him and that leads to more game time.

Josh Heaton is ready to prove himself as one of Alan Stubbs' best signings at St Mirren. (Daily Record, print edition)

Hopefully now everyone is over their huffs. The new manager will get some value for our 75K.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
in a huff

7 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Josh Heaton is ready to prove himself as one of Alan Stubbs' best signings at St Mirren. (Daily Record, print edition)

Hopefully now everyone is over their huffs. The new manager will get some value for our 75K.

Clean slate for everyone a new beginning my good friend. 

I bet Oran is looking forward to inheriting a dressing room full of battlers!

maybe not so much one where they are battling each other, with one half, blaming the other half for our performances and results, and the club captain going public in the media to single out the new guys as the reason we have bombed thus far?

but hey they're still battlers!

here's one from the squad Oran, or at least one side of it.. enjoy!

Guest TPAFKATS
Good point. New management, new chairman, new BoD, new players, new staff, new supporters.... it’s the only way to move on from the mistakes we all make.
That's easy! Pick a new team and all that comes with it.

5 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

I want to see the st mirren of last season. pressing every ball staying tight to their man showing hunger and desire to win the games. That's what i go to see. If they come out and do that no matter who the manager is. That's all we ask for. 

You mean like Livi of this season, last season and the season before that .....................

Its the min requirement of a professional footballer, so I demand to see it