Stubbs' Signings

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Where I feel we missed out on this occasion is JRs targets - I feel the club should have pursued them rather than the 2 weeks of limbo from Ipswich declaring their interest in JR, a further 2 weeks before Stubbsy was appointed and two more before he made his first signings - 6 weeks in total when only Kellerman arrived (on the day of JRs departure). I realize some of the targets may have held back until the new guy was appointed but I still feel we could & should have done more.

Like you,  I do think we missed out on two or three including a centre back and striker. 

Where I feel we missed out on this occasion is JRs targets - I feel the club should have pursued them rather than the 2 weeks of limbo from Ipswich declaring their interest in JR, a further 2 weeks before Stubbsy was appointed and two more before he made his first signings - 6 weeks in total when only Kellerman arrived (on the day of JRs departure). I realize some of the targets may have held back until the new guy was appointed but I still feel we could & should have done more.
Stubbs would have sold them by now.

On 9/7/2018 at 4:29 PM, Soctty said:

Good post. It's the modern way to have a recruitment strategy. A director of football would be great, but a club of our size would struggle to afford another position within the club. Having said that, it could lead to savings in terms of paying players off when one manager leaves and another arrives, so might be worthwhile.

I'm not really in favour of giving the board a hands on role in recruitment. As seen with the Stubbs appointment, they're not as clued up as we would like them to be.

I am very much in favour of having some sort of system which reduces the turnover of players we currently see though. It's up to the board to try to think of a way of making this possible.

Looks like we are appointing a "Technical Director" to support OK according to his interview today with the BBC.

I think this will help alot and good to see the club making strides to avoid repeating the mistakes with Stubbs.