What Now For Alan Stubbs

44 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

Exactly plus it's none of ma business .but I think he could cut it as a pipe fitter

Curiously enough, that is what former St Mirren star striker, and Summer of 'Beath stalwart Gareth Wardlaw now does for a living. I hope he didn't have to serve his apprenticeship in Wishaw....

Normally, when a manager is sacked, there will be interviews with players saying they are gutted and let him down. This time, none of that. Interviews have all indicated, reading between the lines, that they're glad to see the back of him. Even one of his own signings, Josh Heaton, said it didn't bother him at all Stubbs going! I really do wonder the level of what was going on there.

Edited by Hendo

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Normally, when a manager is sacked, there will be interviews with players saying they are gutted and let him down. This time, none of that. Interviews have all indicated, reading between the lines, that they're glad to see the back of him. Even one of his own signings, Josh Heaton, said it didn't bother him at all Stubbs going! I really do wonder the level of what was going on there.

No surprise in all of that. The players looked confused and nHeaton was benchwarming under Stubbs so he's sure to have a beef.

7 hours ago, Drew said:

Curiously enough, that is what former St Mirren star striker, and Summer of 'Beath stalwart Gareth Wardlaw now does for a living. I hope he didn't have to serve his apprenticeship in Wishaw....

I liked big Wardlaw. The bloke was a trier. That goal at Aberdeen was huge. Just a guy who had some talent and gave it a go. Good on him.