What Now For Alan Stubbs

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I liked big Wardlaw. The bloke was a trier. That goal at Aberdeen was huge. Just a guy who had some talent and gave it a go. Good on him.

Interestingly I met big Gareth last new year and have since been out for a few pints with him

he lives with his family In Kinghorn and his kids are pals with my mates kids

he plays weekly 5’s and workes as a Pipe fitter

when my mate Danny told him I was a Saints fan he talked enthusiastically about his time and the club and was saddened he wasn’t kept on

testiment to the man the next time I was up visiting my mate he came round and dropped off a Ltd Edition Saints top ( worn for a league game vKillie) il dig out a picture 

B689F4C6-F8A7-4434-9CE8-E67504292783.jpeg

7AF2F90F-C876-404C-8989-202BB20E2DD6.jpeg

Interestingly I met big Gareth last new year and have since been out for a few pints with him
when my mate Danny told him I was a Saints fan he talked enthusiastically about his time and the club and was saddened he wasn’t kept on
testiment to the man the next time I was up visiting my mate he came round and dropped off a Ltd Edition Saints top ( worn for a league game vKillie) il dig out a picture 
B689F4C6-F8A7-4434-9CE8-E67504292783.thumb.jpeg.828602f7e9be7ef2c8d08f3d18fff77d.jpeg
7AF2F90F-C876-404C-8989-202BB20E2DD6.thumb.jpeg.b7cb6930bc1d13b150816667ffaa94df.jpeg

Great story.

B689F4C6-F8A7-4434-9CE8-E67504292783.thumb.jpeg.828602f7e9be7ef2c8d08f3d18fff77d.jpeg
7AF2F90F-C876-404C-8989-202BB20E2DD6.thumb.jpeg.b7cb6930bc1d13b150816667ffaa94df.jpeg

Great story Bud [emoji106]

You know, I really wouldn’t be surprised if he got another bite at the cherry elsewhere.

Compared to other managers his record doesn’t stand out as that bad, it’s only really when you look into it in detail you notice his deficiencies as a manager.

Given the media reaction up here i’m sure many around the UK will see a manager being sacked after 4 league games (winning 1) and think it’s odd.

I also have no doubts more chairmen around the UK will be duped with tails of Everton loanees, etc.

If he doesn’t get another gig i’m not sure he’ll be too bothered though. Playing in the Premier League and at Celtic won’t have been for buttons and going back to punditry and V9 coaching is a safe shot regardless.

Looking back to the Rotherham headlines and that story of unhappy players - but lasting 13 weeks and only lasting 4 weeks - not including preseason / cup - I think that 100% of football "professionals" will dismiss all the fans blathering and the boards of both clubs incompetent attitude to football as a nonsense. Both clubs didn't give enough time to get his ideas across to two new squads. It's pure stupidity to let a manager go so quickly! The players of both clubs said they weren't happy - so the club sacks the manager....NOT a good precident to set is it?

The players who had to be dropped or not up for the challenge helped to sack the manager when it is those players that should go. 

Everyone in football - professionals that is - will simply see this as stupidity of the boards and fans for thinking they know better....at best the boards have been conned ( by the players ). Stubbs will be fine as his fellow pro's will just laugh it off - because both these sackings were just that - laughable.

2 minutes ago, LOVENEST said:

Looking back to the Rotherham headlines and that story of unhappy players - but lasting 13 weeks and only lasting 4 weeks - not including preseason / cup - I think that 100% of football "professionals" will dismiss all the fans blathering and the boards of both clubs incompetent attitude to football as a nonsense. Both clubs didn't give enough time to get his ideas across to two new squads. It's pure stupidity to let a manager go so quickly! The players of both clubs said they weren't happy - so the club sacks the manager....NOT a good precident to set is it?

The players who had to be dropped or not up for the challenge helped to sack the manager when it is those players that should go. 

Everyone in football - professionals that is - will simply see this as stupidity of the boards and fans for thinking they know better....at best the boards have been conned ( by the players ). Stubbs will be fine as his fellow pro's will just laugh it off - because both these sackings were just that - laughable.

That's not a good precedent to set as a manager either in fairness!!

4 minutes ago, LOVENEST said:

Laughable you say.   Didnt see too many laughing while watching his team play or the quality of the signings made .

If someone comes into a club and seems hellbent in making himself unpopular to players, non playing staff and fans, id say it is best if that bad egg gets shown the door.

7 minutes ago, LOVENEST said:

Of course your right and maybe we should have listened to you. :byebye Not

On 9/6/2018 at 12:33 PM, TediousTom said:

This week saw the end for more than just Alan Stuubs, surely Cole Kpekewa will soon be on the hunt for a job as well?

No harm to the lad, like me he just cannae play football!

A bit of me wonders... the first game against Killie he stood out, however, since then hes been poor. 

Therefore.... was he 'Stubbed'....? i.e. Will a decent manager get more out of him? Just a thought.

28 minutes ago, LOVENEST said:

Always wary of a neg first post - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .......... 

37 minutes ago, LOVENEST said:

Aye, right ye are Alan.

Now f**k off.

1 hour ago, LOVENEST said:

Should you not be down the buroo, Darren?