What Now For Alan Stubbs

1 hour ago, spankin_panda said:

A bit of me wonders... the first game against Killie he stood out, however, since then hes been poor. 

Therefore.... was he 'Stubbed'....? i.e. Will a decent manager get more out of him? Just a thought.

I would really love to able to say "I hope so".  No harm to the lad.

However in the Livingston game he was clearly not a footballer but rather some bloke we pulled out of a nearby pub.  Any player can have a bad game, however when one cannot position oneself, nor jump for a baw, nor head a baw nor even kick a baw then one should maybe not play the fitbaw. 

Alan Stubbs may well have been responsible for demoralising the players but to make any ability at all dissapear completely he must be an evil wizarrd.

Alan Stubbsaldore, Alan Stubbsaldore indeed.

19 hours ago, pod said:

Time will tell.  

Totally. I think that's it, even the decent players seem to be poorer of late, therefore, I think management style has an impact. Same in any business or workplace, if you do not respect your manager and their approach to things, youre less likely to perform. 

Someone made the good point that Jack took over a squad from manager who has us performing poorly and got the team playing to a better level. Lets hope OK does the same. All the best to him anyway. 

19 hours ago, TediousTom said:

However in the Livingston game he was clearly not a footballer but rather some bloke we pulled out of a nearby pub.  Any player can have a bad game, however when one cannot position oneself, nor jump for a baw, nor head a baw nor even kick a baw then one should maybe not play the fitbaw. 

Alan Stubbs may well have been responsible for demoralising the players but to make any ability at all dissapear completely he must be an evil wizarrd.

Fair enough Tom. 

You may be right, he could be poor, however, as for the full squad we have just now, given the poor start and the alleged poor man management etc we had I wana give them all another chance and maybe see a bit more from them before writing them off.

21 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Given Kpekawa has played the majority of his career at left back, perhaps it'd be fairer if we judged him in that position. I remember very recently Gary Irvine struggling badly for us at left back, and being a revelation when switched to right back again. Throwing him in at centre back, having moved up a level in terms of quality, wasn't really fair on the big guy. 

I think you're also completely understimating the effect of confidence - or lack of it - on player performance. 

Completely underestimating it indeed...

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Given Kpekawa has played the majority of his career at left back, perhaps it'd be fairer if we judged him in that position. I remember very recently Gary Irvine struggling badly for us at left back, and being a revelation when switched to right back again. Throwing him in at centre back, having moved up a level in terms of quality, wasn't really fair on the big guy. 

I think you're also completely understimating the effect of confidence - or lack of it - on player performance. 

Completely underestimating it indeed...

One thing about Gary Irvine though is that however he played, well or poor no one can doubt that he did have the ability to simply kick a football.

Cole Kpekewa is not a footballer, Christ you could play Eddie Gallagher at centre half and as hopeless such a wee guy like that would be in that position (unless he was playing in some sort of pygmie league) he would still be able to simply kick a football.  That's the thing about footballers, they all possess the ability to simply kick a ball, except goalkeepers like Jame Langfield.

I hope you get to judge Cole Kpekewa playing at left back in a reserve game somewhere, I doubt you will.  The inability to kick a football, position oneself, jump or head a ball are rather important requirements to play football in any outfield position.  The big lad is not a footballer.  Perhaps we could use him in some other capacity whilst we run his contract down.  The pie stall could certainly do with another pair of hands or indeed a big lad like him would make a great doorman for the 1877 club.

I think you are underestimating the simple abilities required to become a footballer, underestimating them indeed.

2 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

One thing about Gary Irvine though is that however he played, well or poor no one can doubt that he did have the ability to simply kick a football.

Cole Kpekewa is not a footballer, Christ you could play Eddie Gallagher at centre half and as hopeless such a wee guy like that would be in that position (unless he was playing in some sort of pygmie league) he would still be able to simply kick a football.  That's the thing about footballers, they all possess the ability to simply kick a ball, except goalkeepers like Jame Langfield.

I hope you get to judge Cole Kpekewa playing at left back in a reserve game somewhere, I doubt you will.  The inability to kick a football, position oneself, jump or head a ball are rather important requirements to play football in any outfield position.  The big lad is not a footballer.  Perhaps we could use him in some other capacity whilst we run his contract down.  The pie stall could certainly do with another pair of hands or indeed a big lad like him would make a great doorman for the 1877 club.

I think you are underestimating the simple abilities required to become a footballer, underestimating them indeed.

I don't know why I'm arguing with a parody account, but here goes...

Cole Kpekawa is indeed a footballer. He was signed from QPR for Barnsley for a fee of around half a million pounds, which suggests they considered him a footballer also. He has kicked a football (a lame attempt at humour you are persisting with) probably thousands of times in his career. There is plenty of video footage of it for us. There's also footage of him heading a ball - another strand of your apparent attempt at comedy on the forum.

I think you are underestimating the rudimentary elements of comedy. Being funny is a central requirement.

Central indeed...

7 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I don't know why I'm arguing with a parody account, but here goes...

Cole Kpekawa is indeed a footballer. He was signed from QPR for Barnsley for a fee of around half a million pounds, which suggests they considered him a footballer also. He has kicked a football (a lame attempt at humour you are persisting with) probably thousands of times in his career. There is plenty of video footage of it for us. There's also footage of him heading a ball - another strand of your apparent attempt at comedy on the forum.

I think you are underestimating the rudimentary elements of comedy. Being funny is a central requirement.

Central indeed...

Dearie me Scotty.

1)  This is my account

2) I was not aware we were having an argument, merely a discussion

3) No attempt at comedy.  I saw him play 50 minutes.  The lad is not a footballer.  If you saw something different then you clearly have what the travelling people call "the second sight".  I saw some bloke who cannot play football, trying to play football. Unfortunately it was for my team.

I think you are misunderstanding the art of simple conversation, misunderstanding the art of conversation indeed.

9 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Dearie me Scotty.

1)  This is my account

2) I was not aware we were having an argument, merely a discussion

3) No attempt at comedy.  I saw him play 50 minutes.  The lad is not a footballer.  If you saw something different then you clearly have what the travelling people call "the second sight".  I saw some bloke who cannot play football, trying to play football. Unfortunately it was for my team.

I think you are misunderstanding the art of simple conversation, misunderstanding the art of conversation indeed.

1) Well spotted.

2) In discussions there are disagreements, which naturally lead to arguments being put forward. This is basic stuff...

3) The lad is a footballer - he gets paid to play football. Has done all his adult life. You may think him not very good, which is your right, but to argue a plain and simple fact (yep - this is the "argument" part) is silly. I'm merely stating facts.

This is all part of a conversation - disagreement and discussion. If it's too much for you, you're under no obligation to continue.

No obligation indeed...

Chris Sutton on BT Sport - Slating Langfield , Eckersley etc and ‘mutiny’ in the ranks whilst defending Stubbs.

#Wank

There was no disharmony within the dressing room until Stubbs arrived. Langfield, Eckersley etc didn’t sign the payers, Stubbs did.
Think about it. If us fans were unhappy with the way the club was going, so could the likes of Langfield and Eckersley etc, that doesn’t make them snakes, troublemakers or whatever else. I’m pretty sure Sutton made similar remarks about Miller and Wallace.

9 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

There was no disharmony within the dressing room until Stubbs arrived. Langfield, Eckersley etc didn’t sign the payers, Stubbs did.
Think about it. If us fans were unhappy with the way the club was going, so could the likes of Langfield and Eckersley etc, that doesn’t make them snakes, troublemakers or whatever else. I’m pretty sure Sutton made similar remarks about Miller and Wallace.

Aye and his one man crusade against Ronnie Deila was feckin embarrassing and continued long after the poor guy was gone.

There was no talk from him of snakes in the Celtic dressing room. As far as I could see, he was the only snake.

• 1 month later...

He was on BT Sport tonight doing the Edinburgh derby. I just watched the Facebook live thing they do before the main show and he was asked if he thought he would have kept St Mirren up and If he still stood by his signings.

He said he still thinks he would have kept us up and he pretty much dodged the signings question.

They said they were going to talk about it in more detail in the main show. Did anyone happen to see it?