Welcome Oran Kearney

Not been confirmed by any official source. Kearney is thinking the offer over. To us it’s a no brainer but I think for him and his family it’s a hard decision. He would be resigning from two jobs and moving his kids from school uprooting his family.

I will wait till it has been confirmed like many on here have mentioned we have jumped the gun before and been embarrassed.

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Who’ll be the first to have a pop at him cos he’s only a part timer and a teacher?

Luckily for him though, the transfer window is shut. Means we can avoid the meltdown when he signs his first part timer from the Irish league until Jan.

The first Scottish manager to take our national team to the European championships was a teacher

The second Scottish manager to take our national team to the European championships was a teacher

The man who lifted our team from relegation fodder to promotion to the premier league in the wonderful 1999/2000 season was a teacher

What on earth are we doing employing a bloody teacher!!!!!

Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok Pizza hut hut hut....oh hang on!

Edited by TediousTom

28 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Not been confirmed by any official source. Kearney is thinking the offer over. To us it’s a no brainer but I think for him and his family it’s a hard decision. He would be resigning from two jobs and moving his kids from school uprooting his family.

I will wait till it has been confirmed like many on here have mentioned we have jumped the gun before and been embarrassed.

Especially when he was passed over first time round !

37 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Who’ll be the first to have a pop at him cos he’s only a part timer and a teacher?

Luckily for him though, the transfer window is shut. Means we can avoid the meltdown when he signs his first part timer from the Irish league until Jan.

To be fair there looked to be a couple of decent players on Monday night, and that was against a full time team.

Got a mate in work from N.Ireland who’s best mate plays in the Irish league. We were talking about this last night and his mate who has played under Kearney at Coleraine a few seasons ago says he’s the best manager he’s worked under and is a brilliant man manager.

He thinks it will be a brilliant appointment [emoji1303]

12 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Can we save the "OK must go" thread until he starts f**king up and we actually want him to go?

Instead of the Subbs must go thread on his first day in the job. Seemed to tempt fate a little.

Ach, come on, it was tongue in cheek.

I can't believe some folk are still taking issue with it. I fully expected the thread to be deleted in any event.

It wasn't big and it wasn't clever, but it was hardly worth fretting over either.