Welcome Oran Kearney

Let get right behind the new manager. Needs time and at least the January window to see what squad he can shape.

We are crying out for stability and I think this appointment needs to be long term even if we need to go down to come back up which I know is easier said than done.

Welcome Oran delighted to have you in charge

Good luck OK. You’ll need it!

Hope the fans give you a bit more time and treat you better than they did the last one.

And a wee tip. Make sure Mackenzie, Eckersley and McShane are in your line up every week otherwise you’ll get lynched.

[emoji1][emoji106]

Why don’t you do one and give yourself and the rest of us a day off from your tedious shite.

I heard we got a good referrence as a prospective employer.

"Dear Kenny, or Mr Shiels (still not got used to calling you Da!)

I have been offered a job at that saint mirren mob, do you think I should take it?

Your loving son-in-law, Okie."

"Dear Okie

It's Mr Shiels to you

Not St Mirren! I hate them more than I hate myself.  But take the job, relegate them and crush the club as you go is the only advice I can give.

Your ratbag of a father in law

Mr Shiels"

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I have been offered a job at that saint mirren mob, do you think I should take it?

"Dear Okie

It's Mr Shiels to you

Not St Mirren! I hate them more than I hate myself.  But take the job, relegate them and crush the club as you go is the only advice I can give.

Mr Shiels"

Holy f**k!

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

"Dear Okie

It's Mr Shiels to you

Mr Shiels"

That's considerably worse than my woeful orangutan gag:blink:

Welcome aboard etc. Hope he’s a success, if he’s not we are certainly going down.

Looking at his CV I can clearly see why the BOD thought Stubbs was a stronger candidate a few weeks ago.

In terms of gambles, this has to be the biggest gamble of an appointment we’ve ever made. This is a guy who’s never worked in Scottish or an equivalent level football before, as a player or as a coach. This is the equivalent of appointing a manager from the junior leagues.

Someone like Goodwin or even Thompson would have been far less of a gamble. They also have no full time managerial experience , but at least they know the league and the club.

Oh well, long shots sometimes come off.

Kearney is going to be stuck with another means team for the next 4 months. So even if he doesn’t improve performances he can’t really be blamed.

I guess we can start blaming him if we are still in the bottom 2 come Feb time. If we are I guess he will be for the bullet too. Then we will have another manager working with a group of players he didn’t sign [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Welcome aboard etc. Hope he’s a success, if he’s not we are certainly going down.

Looking at his CV I can clearly see why the BOD thought Stubbs was a stronger candidate a few weeks ago.

In terms of gambles, this has to be the biggest gamble of an appointment we’ve ever made. This is a guy who’s never worked in Scottish or an equivalent level football before, as a player or as a coach. This is the equivalent of appointing a manager from the junior leagues.

Someone like Goodwin or even Thompson would have been far less of a gamble. They also have no full time managerial experience , but at least they know the league and the club.

Oh well, long shots sometimes come off.

Kearney is going to be stuck with another means team for the next 4 months. So even if he doesn’t improve performances he can’t really be blamed.

I guess we can start blaming him if we are still in the bottom 2 come Feb time. If we are I guess he will be for the bullet too. Then we will have another manager working with a group of players he didn’t sign emoji38.png

To be fair though,  you're not exactly known for your expertise in spotting a good or bad manager.

Give him time and let's get behind him and the team.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Good luck OK. You’ll need it!

Hope the fans give you a bit more time and treat you better than they did the last one.

And a wee tip. Make sure Mackenzie, Eckersley and McShane are in your line up every week otherwise you’ll get lynched.

emoji1.pngemoji106.png

Yeah, doesnt matter if they are too injured to even train, or indeed just rank!