Welcome Oran Kearney

Welcome aboard etc. Hope he’s a success, if he’s not we are certainly going down.

Looking at his CV I can clearly see why the BOD thought Stubbs was a stronger candidate a few weeks ago.

In terms of gambles, this has to be the biggest gamble of an appointment we’ve ever made. This is a guy who’s never worked in Scottish or an equivalent level football before, as a player or as a coach. This is the equivalent of appointing a manager from the junior leagues.

Someone like Goodwin or even Thompson would have been far less of a gamble. They also have no full time managerial experience , but at least they know the league and the club.

Oh well, long shots sometimes come off.

Kearney is going to be stuck with another means team for the next 4 months. So even if he doesn’t improve performances he can’t really be blamed.

I guess we can start blaming him if we are still in the bottom 2 come Feb time. If we are I guess he will be for the bullet too. Then we will have another manager working with a group of players he didn’t sign [emoji38]

I’m surprised you haven’t started a tick tick OK thread. You really need to find another pass time [emoji6]

34 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Welcome aboard etc. Hope he’s a success, if he’s not we are certainly going down.

Looking at his CV I can clearly see why the BOD thought Stubbs was a stronger candidate a few weeks ago.

In terms of gambles, this has to be the biggest gamble of an appointment we’ve ever made. This is a guy who’s never worked in Scottish or an equivalent level football before, as a player or as a coach. This is the equivalent of appointing a manager from the junior leagues.

Someone like Goodwin or even Thompson would have been far less of a gamble. They also have no full time managerial experience , but at least they know the league and the club.

Kearney is going to be stuck with another means team for the next 4 months. So even if he doesn’t improve performances he can’t really be blamed.

I guess we can start blaming him if we are still in the bottom 2 come Feb time. If we are I guess he will be for the bullet too. Then we will have another manager working with a group of players he didn’t sign emoji38.png

f**k sake. 

If the players start whining about not liking where they are being played, or what formation, this guy will tear them a new one! Expect to see a few swift drops from team.
Or a manager getting to know his team rather than treating them as expendable subbordinates, explaining decisions and getting the club's assets playing for him?

43 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I guess we can start blaming him if we are still in the bottom 2 come Feb time. If we are I guess he will be for the bullet too. Then we will have another manager working with a group of players he didn’t sign emoji38.png

And so it begins !!!!!!

Ink not even dry ......

Consider what a tit you made of yourself re the last young manager I would keep these thoughts to yourself

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

And so it begins !!!!!!

Ink not even dry ......

Consider what a tit you made of yourself re the last young manager I would keep these thoughts to yourself

Do you just abuse everybody that you don't agree with ? 

I am still waiting for proof from you that I am racist and anti Irish. 

Hurry the feck up will you. 

I have made lots of Irish related posts recently. Post an Anti Irish one please. 

Can't be racist as a we are all the same Race. 

Human 

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:
5 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
To be reunited with Chris Brookmyre (Quite Ugly One Morning) ?

Terrible casting choice for me that one!

Agreed, I was stunned that they never used a Scots actor,  having said that and despite it being a pale shadow of the book, I still got some good laughs out of it.

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If the players start whining about not liking where they are being played, or what formation, this guy will tear them a new one! Expect to see a few swift drops from team.

So you have actually spoken to OK and he told you this personally - top work LPM.

Quite amusing that a lot of the same people who are saying Kearney should get time were asking for Stubbs to be fired after four games [emoji38]

Of course Kearney will get to Christmas. We could be adrift at the bottom of the league by then and it won’t be all his doing. He’s surely got a free run till January, well under a normal chairman he would anyway.

It’s a tough gig for him. He’s coming into a league he has no working knowledge of, working with players he won’t know much about at a level of football he’s never even played in. And he won’t be able to sign anyone either.

Of course he might succeed, and I hope he does. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that the chances of this appointment working out are fairly unlikely.

58 minutes ago, TopCat said:

57 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Of the two posts above, the second was certainly the more compelling.

5 hours ago, Bannsider said:

Many tanks, look it's like this, all clubs in NI are a stepping stone for people to move up, I wish him the best.    I assume if we went to a St Mirren game v Celtic of Rangers it would be hard ot get tickets.

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not for home games not a problem 

That might not be the case IOBS. Given that our club thought it OK to sell the jerseys and gave the @rsecheeks two stands, shifting good honest Saints' fans out in the process, IF OK does more than OK then there might more fans saying it's OK to go and see us KO the bigots.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Quite amusing that a lot of the same people who are saying Kearney should get time were asking for Stubbs to be fired after four games emoji38.png

Of course Kearney will get to Christmas. We could be adrift at the bottom of the league by then and it won’t be all his doing. He’s surely got a free run till January, well under a normal chairman he would anyway.

It’s a tough gig for him. He’s coming into a league he has no working knowledge of, working with players he won’t know much about at a level of football he’s never even played in. And he won’t be able to sign anyone either.

Of course he might succeed, and I hope he does. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that the chances of this appointment working out are fairly unlikely.

Good post Sir. 

Unfortunately, others will make up what they think you're saying. 

And abuse you. 

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Quite amusing that a lot of the same people who are saying Kearney should get time were asking for Stubbs to be fired after four games emoji38.png

I didn't want Stubbs sacked after 4 games but he was , and I'm more than happy with this appointment.

I really don't get this idea that , if you've not worked in Scotland before your going to be a failure. I could list quite a few managers with no previous experience of the Scottish game that went on to do ok.