Welcome Oran Kearney

8 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

He could just use the knives that half this forum used on the last manager the minute he arrived?

That might be true, but we are where we are now. 

Every manager appointment is going to wrongly piss some people off. 

Stubbs clearly brought the hammer to the club and smashed the dream to pieces.

By telling 2 injury prone players, who have been injured all season and a player JR relegated to the bench, that they can go?

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t want Stubbs appointed, I’m glad he’s gone and I did t like his signings.

But this repeated line that he ripped up JR’s team just isn’t true.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Welcome aboard etc. Hope he’s a success, if he’s not we are certainly going down.

Looking at his CV I can clearly see why the BOD thought Stubbs was a stronger candidate a few weeks ago.

In terms of gambles, this has to be the biggest gamble of an appointment we’ve ever made. This is a guy who’s never worked in Scottish or an equivalent level football before, as a player or as a coach. This is the equivalent of appointing a manager from the junior leagues.

Someone like Goodwin or even Thompson would have been far less of a gamble. They also have no full time managerial experience , but at least they know the league and the club.

Oh well, long shots sometimes come off.

Kearney is going to be stuck with another means team for the next 4 months. So even if he doesn’t improve performances he can’t really be blamed.

I guess we can start blaming him if we are still in the bottom 2 come Feb time. If we are I guess he will be for the bullet too. Then we will have another manager working with a group of players he didn’t sign emoji38.png

You wanted Ross out at the start and now you are ringing bells again so that means it should work great. if we go down we go down OK will still be manager this is a long term project. 

46 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

So you have actually spoken to OK and he told you this personally - top work LPM.

No, but he is well known for not suffering fools gladly. If they dont shape up for him, he'll ship them out. What are you worried about? Ross got rid if ten. His first few months. I expect this guy has a few names on his list already, and none of them are Pike..!

39 minutes ago, munoz said:

I didn't want Stubbs sacked after 4 games but he was , and I'm more than happy with this appointment.

I really don't get this idea that , if you've not worked in Scotland before your going to be a failure. I could list quite a few managers with no previous experience of the Scottish game that went on to do ok.

There are now 4 Northern Ireland managers in the premiership that speaks volumes. 

Yesterday I was teamed up with Brian Rice at the golf day, and the bloke was top class. He could have hid, phoned in sick, blanked the golf day, but he didn’t. A really friendly guy, who is in the middle of something approaching a shit-storm at his place of employment. It’s easy to forget that these guys, and the players, are human beings. Which brings me onto the human aspect of this appointment. The bloke has family, a successful coaching role and a job outside football. Are St Mirren taking a gamble on Kearney? Of course we are, but so is Kearney. He’s now looking not only at coming straight into what is a pressured job, under a fair bit of scrutiny from all sides, but away from home, family, friends, and he will have a shitload of personal stuff to think about - housing, schooling, his affairs, never mind his new job.

It’s a cliche ‘give the manager time’, but he really does need it, and I hope he is afforded it, it all works out, and hopefully Brian Rice can work alongside him.

Welcome to St Mirren, and best wishes.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
If the players start whining about not liking where they are being played, or what formation, this guy will tear them a new one! Expect to see a few swift drops from team.

Or a manager getting to know his team rather than treating them as expendable subbordinates, explaining decisions and getting the club's assets playing for him?

Like i said above what are you panicking about? Ross kicked ten duds as he saw them out as soon as he could, Oran might top that?

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Yesterday I was teamed up with Brian Rice at the golf day, and the bloke was top class. He could have hid, phoned in sick, blanked the golf day, but he didn’t. A really friendly guy, who is in the middle of something approaching a shit-storm at his place of employment. It’s easy to forget that these guys, and the players, are human beings. Which brings me onto the human aspect of this appointment. The bloke has family, a successful coaching role and a job outside football. Are St Mirren taking a gamble on Kearney? Of course we are, but so is Kearney. He’s now looking not only at coming straight into what is a pressured job, under a fair bit of scrutiny from all sides, but away from home, family, friends, and he will have a shitload of personal stuff to think about - housing, schooling, his affairs, never mind his new job.

It’s a cliche ‘give the manager time’, but he really does need it, and I hope he is afforded it, it all works out, and hopefully Brian Rice can work alongside him.

That's the front page of the Scottish Sun headline written for them "Oran Just Wanted Mhor and Mhor" said Bewitched!

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No, but he is well known for not suffering fools gladly. If they dont shape up for him, he'll ship them out. What are you worried about? Ross got rid if ten. His first few months. I expect this guy has a few names on his list already, and none of them are Pike..!

Shit, I going to have to agree with you.

Apparently if you cross this guy, you're out the door.

27 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Like i said above what are you panicking about? Ross kicked ten duds as he saw them out as soon as he could, Oran might top that?

Anyone can tell anyone they aren't needed. That's the easy part.

We had people on the forum giving it all "he doesn't suffer fools gladly/has high standards" stuff when Stubbs was decimating last season's squad. 

The judge of a manager is the quality of players who they bring in. Let's hold off the praise this time every time OK tells someone to GTF. 

Edited by LargsBud

1 hour ago, shull said:

Do you just abuse everybody that you don't agree with ? 

I am still waiting for proof from you that I am racist and anti Irish. 

Hurry the feck up will you. 

I have made lots of Irish related posts recently. Post an Anti Irish one please. 

Can't be racist as a we are all the same Race. 

Human 

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:36 PM, shull said:

Luxembourg have one Team in the Group stages.

Ulster has one

Eire has one

We have none.

So after all the nasty stuff you say about Sectarianism  and Bigotry

You park at the door of Northern Ireland and Eire, which last time I checked are North and South Ireland, you are also saying that all the probs that the OF bring are Irish problems based in Ireland .... What a pathetic racist statement

Now I know you are thick as feck, you wont actually get what an utter fanny you make of yourself, and you cant remember what you actually print on here because you post so much shite, but your own words make you out for what I took exception to. Your a racist scared wee fanny, hiding under a handle name spouting racist hatred...... You would truly thrive on a Rangers Forum, cause that's all they do.................

Called for you to booted off here, but as a lot have you on ignore anyway most don't see the shite you print................

Any way your back on ignore , I look forward to welcoming our new Irish Manager and I am sure so quality Irish players, you can just spout you hatred on here, until the Mods have enough and boot you off........................

Your The worst Troll on here....................... St Mirren have an Irish manager so GIRUY racist ........................

:byebye

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

You park at the door of Northern Ireland and Eire, which last time I checked are North and South Ireland, you are also saying that all the probs that the OF bring are Irish problems based in Ireland .... What a pathetic racist statement

Now I know you are thick as feck, you wont actually get what an utter fanny you make of yourself, and you cant remember what you actually print on here because you post so much shite, but your own words make you out for what I took exception to. Your a racist scared wee fanny, hiding under a handle name spouting racist hatred...... You would truly thrive on a Rangers Forum, cause that's all they do.................

Called for you to booted off here, but as a lot have you on ignore anyway most don't see the shite you print................

Any way your back on ignore , I look forward to welcoming our new Irish Manager and I am sure so quality Irish players, you can just spout you hatred on here, until the Mods have enough and boot you off........................

Your The worst Troll on here....................... St Mirren have an Irish manager so GIRUY racist ........................

Still waiting on proof. 

Come on, hurry up. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

. Are St Mirren taking a gamble on Kearney? Of course we are, but so is Kearney. He’s now looking not only at coming straight into what is a pressured job, under a fair bit of scrutiny from all sides, but away from home, family, friends, and he will have a shitload of personal stuff to think about - housing, schooling, his affairs, never mind his new job.

19 minutes ago, elvis said:

His wife's a bit of a looker as well lol. 

She's obviously not enough according to Poz. :wink:

23 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

You're the one trolling him, gie it a rest, stick him on ignore and fecking change the record.

19 minutes ago, shull said:

Still waiting on proof. 

Come on, hurry up. 

You as well, WGAF, you know he talks utter drivel, why worry what he says?

Gie it up FFS

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

:o