Welcome Oran Kearney

2 hours ago, shull said:
2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Quite amusing that a lot of the same people who are saying Kearney should get time were asking for Stubbs to be fired after four games emoji38.png

Of course Kearney will get to Christmas. We could be adrift at the bottom of the league by then and it won’t be all his doing. He’s surely got a free run till January, well under a normal chairman he would anyway.

It’s a tough gig for him. He’s coming into a league he has no working knowledge of, working with players he won’t know much about at a level of football he’s never even played in. And he won’t be able to sign anyone either.

Of course he might succeed, and I hope he does. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that the chances of this appointment working out are fairly unlikely.

Good post Sir. 

Unfortunately, others will make up what they think you're saying. 

And abuse you. 

You think so: personally I would just say it's a dummy dribbling drivel.  :P

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Yesterday I was teamed up with Brian Rice at the golf day, and the bloke was top class. He could have hid, phoned in sick, blanked the golf day, but he didn’t. A really friendly guy, who is in the middle of something approaching a shit-storm at his place of employment. It’s easy to forget that these guys, and the players, are human beings. Which brings me onto the human aspect of this appointment. The bloke has family, a successful coaching role and a job outside football. Are St Mirren taking a gamble on Kearney? Of course we are, but so is Kearney. He’s now looking not only at coming straight into what is a pressured job, under a fair bit of scrutiny from all sides, but away from home, family, friends, and he will have a shitload of personal stuff to think about - housing, schooling, his affairs, never mind his new job.

It’s a cliche ‘give the manager time’, but he really does need it, and I hope he is afforded it, it all works out, and hopefully Brian Rice can work alongside him.

Welcome to St Mirren, and best wishes.

Agree with all of that.   No mention of golf so you hacked your way round then?  :)

32 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

So after all the nasty stuff you say about Sectarianism  and Bigotry

You park at the door of Northern Ireland and Eire, which last time I checked are North and South Ireland, you are also saying that all the probs that the OF bring are Irish problems based in Ireland .... What a pathetic racist statement

Now I know you are thick as feck, you wont actually get what an utter fanny you make of yourself, and you cant remember what you actually print on here because you post so much shite, but your own words make you out for what I took exception to. Your a racist scared wee fanny, hiding under a handle name spouting racist hatred...... You would truly thrive on a Rangers Forum, cause that's all they do.................

Called for you to booted off here, but as a lot have you on ignore anyway most don't see the shite you print................

Any way your back on ignore , I look forward to welcoming our new Irish Manager and I am sure so quality Irish players, you can just spout you hatred on here, until the Mods have enough and boot you off........................

Your The worst Troll on here....................... St Mirren have an Irish manager so GIRUY racist ........................

:byebye

Before you become the carbon copy of Drew's avatar, give me absolute proof of being anti Irish and of racism. 

Remember I am exactly the same Race as Jimmy Nicholl and Daniel O'Donnell who is one of my favourite crooners. 

You're an extraordinarily angry person, very hateful and full of abuse. 

Now, I have made lots of Irish posts in the last wee while. Pick out one which is bad. 

By the way, Celtic and Sevco are cnuts. 

And a lot of their fans wave Irish and Ulster flags. 

Those fans shame Ulster and Ireland, which are both wonderful areas. 

Now, read the above carefully. Maybe get somebody to explain it to you.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Yesterday I was teamed up with Brian Rice at the golf day, and the bloke was top class. He could have hid, phoned in sick, blanked the golf day, but he didn’t. A really friendly guy, who is in the middle of something approaching a shit-storm at his place of employment. It’s easy to forget that these guys, and the players, are human beings. Which brings me onto the human aspect of this appointment. The bloke has family, a successful coaching role and a job outside football. Are St Mirren taking a gamble on Kearney? Of course we are, but so is Kearney. He’s now looking not only at coming straight into what is a pressured job, under a fair bit of scrutiny from all sides, but away from home, family, friends, and he will have a shitload of personal stuff to think about - housing, schooling, his affairs, never mind his new job.

It’s a cliche ‘give the manager time’, but he really does need it, and I hope he is afforded it, it all works out, and hopefully Brian Rice can work alongside him.

Welcome to St Mirren, and best wishes.

Thank you for a positive post not only re Ok but including Brian Rice.  it's just nice to see some one not out to slate everything that was, could or is attributed to AS, a fair point both BR and OK are employees of the club and as such should be offered a certain amount of respect, DEBATE is fine defamation is not.

3 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Agree with all of that.   No mention of golf so you hacked your way round then?  :)

Not at all. Our team finished third with 73 points. Were beaten for second place by another team also on 73 points, decided by a count-back on points scored on the back nine. The winning team had 75 points, so we were bloody close. Brian Rice is a 9 handicap player who was hitting the ball sweetly.... an excellent team effort, but we came up short. Always next year!

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're the one trolling him, gie it a rest, stick him on ignore and fecking change the record.

You as well, WGAF, you know he talks utter drivel, why worry what he says?

Gie it up FFS

No worried at all. 

Just want proof of his allegations. 

I am not Anti Irish or a Racist. 

Why should he accuse me of both with not one single piece of evidence. 

He is the major Forum abuser who the two moderators totally ignore. 

Remember we spent time in the Sin Bin. 

f**kwit Doug should really be banned and gone. 

12 minutes ago, jaybee said:

What happened to you're 'not abusing other Forum members strategy'?  didn't last long  :P

Keep up 

That wee shite has been abusing, along with Poz for years. Only retaliation. 

Never abuse anybody that doesn't deserve it. 

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Keep up 

That wee shite has been abusing, along with Poz for years. Only retaliation. 

Never abuse anybody that doesn't deserve it. 

Abuse is abuse, either you are against it or you are not, its much the same as; you cant kill people 'it'snot nice'  Yes, but he's be annoying me for years so he doesn't matter, who put you in charge?

Edited by jaybee
wrong preposition

3 minutes ago, thetwang! said:

How unfortunate, another thread ruined by the usual wankstains and their drivel! Wish Div would do something re this as this forum has really hit the skids thanks to these slabbering posters!

All the best in your new position Mr Kearney, wish you all the luck in the world!

Glad the managers position has been sorted so I don’t need to visit here so much for updates! I’m off to P&B!

Another abuser.  :byebye

3 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Abuse is abuse, either you are against it or you are not, its much the same as; you cant kill people 'it'snot nice'  Yes, but he's be annoying me for years so he doesn't matter, who put you in charge?

Shite. 

Mods do nothing. 

There is a few on here who abuse for nothing. 

Retaliation is fine. 

28 minutes ago, shull said:

Before you become the carbon copy of Drew's avatar, give me absolute proof of being anti Irish and of racism. 

Remember I am exactly the same Race as Jimmy Nicholl and Daniel O'Donnell who is one of my favourite crooners. 

You're an extraordinarily angry person, very hateful and full of abuse. 

Now, I have made lots of Irish posts in the last wee while. Pick out one which is bad. 

By the way, Celtic and Sevco are cnuts. 

And a lot of their fans wave Irish and Ulster flags. 

Those fans shame Ulster and Ireland, which are both wonderful areas. 

Now, read the above carefully. Maybe get somebody to explain it to you.

Easily the worst thing you've ever posted. f**k the sin bin, you should be punted Sine Die.

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

By telling 2 injury prone players, who have been injured all season and a player JR relegated to the bench, that they can go?

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t want Stubbs appointed, I’m glad he’s gone and I did t like his signings.

But this repeated line that he ripped up JR’s team just isn’t true.

I'm not even talking about those that went. I'm talking about the shambles he assembled and the way he utilised them. I only ever criticised twice on those that were being allowed to leave. Reilly and Smith. I never wanted the man to fail but fail he did. Spectacularly.  And in the while he also alienated established players and tore the heart out of the support with less than underwhelming  performances. That's the sledgehammer he wielded.

I have a really good feeling about this appointment and what the future holds for the club under our new manager. I think this guy could be just what St Mirren need.  He appears to be very intelligent, a driven individual with terrific man management skills based on what I have been reading about him.

I think the St Mirren support should turn up in good voice and numbers for the Celtic game and get behind the team for th whole game no matter how the score goes. Back the team and the club and we will get the rewards in the coming weeks and months.

I think Oran might just be the man to help the players, club and support find their mojo.

I am very much looking forward to welcoming Oran and his family to Paisley.

Would love to see the boys in W7 get a banner made up for him coming and concentrate on what is good about our club and support rather than having a pop at they did at home to Morton and away to Rangers.

I have a really good feeling about this appointment and where he could take the club.

Edited by Mr Zo

7 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Samson?

What's your question ? 

I will guess. 

Never abused Samson. Go and check the opening post of the Sammy   thread that I started. 

Not a good enough goalkeeper. Will need a better one. Just like other people make judgements on lots of players over the decades. 

So no abuse. 

People read posts then just make things up. 

Edited by shull

Assuing OK can organise the team to any effective extent and we have players with a reasonable amount of ability then we could see a pretty startling transformation in terms of performance once he gets in place and meets the players. Man management is the key here and it looks like OK has in spades what Stubbs appears to have lacked.

Still think it will take a few weeks or so to get good results but overall there are reasons to be pretty optimistic.