Welcome Oran Kearney

Not sure where the optimism is coming from. Eight years at the club .  I believe, and won one cup in a pretty pish league. Not such a great record. Hope he does well but not confident.
When he took over they were in a financial crisis he steadied the ship kept them up got through a difficult period and then won them their first silverware in history along with a second place finish. This season he has led them to the top of the league. I think that's a pretty good record don't you

I think a few posters need to catch a hold of themselves. I have read here and on facebook several people linking/comparing/hoping/wishing Oran Kearney to be Jack Ross....

he is not Jack Ross, that guy  left (going to see his new team today). And the continual infatuation of trying to make everyone in his likeness will only end in tears. Ffs let the new guy be himself!

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think a few posters need to catch a hold of themselves. I have read here and on facebook several people linking/comparing/hoping/wishing Oran Kearney to be Jack Ross....

he is not Jack Ross, that guy  left (going to see his new team today). And the continual infatuation of trying to make everyone in his likeness will only end in tears. Ffs let the new guy be himself!

Exactly, he disnae wear a daft cardigan. :wink:

Not sure where the optimism is coming from. Eight years at the club .  I believe, and won one cup in a pretty pish league. Not such a great record. Hope he does well but not confident.

Or he lost one game and finished second last season plus won the cup. Now is top of the league having spanked last year’s champions. This is a club that has won the league once its history in 1973/74. He was 32 when he joined the club at and has built up his experience to be ready to move on and up.

They look like a lovely family. Big leap for all of them. I’m sure we’ll give them a warm welcome, and make them feel at home. Reading some Belfast area press stories, I think Mrs Kearney will be spotted at Braehead and Silverburn a fair bit. :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaurenKearney3

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

As long as he's not the new Alan Stubbs!

It’s amazing how you can get a vibe from a manager even before they have taken charge of a game. Right from the first interview I watched from Stubbs I had a feeling things weren’t going to work out...he was very dismissive of the part the fans can play at St. Mirren, which was polar opposite from Jack Ross who mentioned the bond between the players and fans in literally every interview I seen. 

Kearney seems very much in the mould of Jack Ross going by the testimonials of his ex-players and chairman. The only thing I’m surprised about is that the board didn’t offer it to him in the summer. It’s easy looking back in hindsight though and obviously the board believed they were making the correct decision in appointing Stubbs. 

5 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I've yet to hear the guy talk, i'll wait till his first  interview as our new manager. Lot's of people saying good things about him so here's hoping!

I wonder what he sounds like. 

Michael O'Neil and Kenny Sheils have great Northern Irish accents. 

The Motherwell Manager - please no, cannae listen to his screeching for even one second. 

Tommy Wright and Neil Lennon come across good also.

Edited by shull

51 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I love the noise and colour that W7 bring. One but..... Don't waste time on banners mocking other teams... Just ones that show our support for the Saints please. 

Don't want to derail the thread too much as this should be all about our new gaffer, but seen this comment made a few times now. 

W7 is all about noise, colour, culture. A big part of that is banter and winding up rival fans. Its been part of football since football began. I'm not sure if you want Scottish fitba to end up like the English Premiership, where everything is robotic, controlled and no fun is allowed. 

To slightly amend the quote of an ex manager... "If you want sterilised entertainment, go to the cinema" :wink:

Looking forward to welcoming Oran on Friday night. W7 will be bouncing :holiday

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

Don't want to derail the thread too much as this should be all about our new gaffer, but seen this comment made a few times now. 

W7 is all about noise, colour, culture. A big part of that is banter and winding up rival fans. Its been part of football since football began. I'm not sure if you want Scottish fitba to end up like the English Premiership, where everything is robotic, controlled and no fun is allowed. 

To slightly amend the quote of an ex manager... "If you want sterilised entertainment, go to the cinema" :wink:

Looking forward to welcoming Oran on Friday night. W7 will be bouncing :holiday

And a subtle piss taking banner of Celtic would be brilliant. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

The Motherwell Manager - please no, cannae listen to his screeching for even one second. 

Yeah i'm half and half with the Irish accent. If he turns out to be a good manager i think i'll be able to bear it.:D I've purposely not listened to his interviews as manager of Coleraine beacause we're a step up from them and also i'm not interested in Coleraine.

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Will we need a translator.  :whistle

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

Yeah i'm half and half with the Irish accent. If he turns out to be a good manager i think i'll be able to bear it.:D I've purposely not listened to his interviews as manager of Coleraine beacause we're a step up from them and also i'm not interested in Coleraine.

Don't knock it until you've been there. It's a nice town. :rolleyes: