Welcome Oran Kearney

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

We don't need to worry about anything now , Celtic who are they? , we have Oran:clapping

I'm pretty certain this is tongue in cheek.

I don't think the new manager will make a difference to the result come Friday but I do hope we see a cohesive unit competing with celtic. A reasonable performance a prerequisite with a good result being an added bonus.

I do think the home crowd might be swelled due to curiosity with the new manager taking charge.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I'm pretty certain this is tongue in cheek.

I don't think the new manager will make a difference to the result come Friday but I do hope we see a cohesive unit competing with celtic. A reasonable performance a prerequisite with a good result being an added bonus.

I do think the home crowd might be swelled due to curiosity with the new manager taking charge.

You got me:P

Sound analysis LargsBud.  Agree. 

It was an interesting interview. I can accept the analysis of fans of other clubs when Tony talks about Saints, but their scepticism, like Michael Stewart’s is completely offset by how much his love for our team exudes from everything he says. On top of that he is such a decent guy that he simply didn’t want to be anything other than positive and completely refused to stick the boot in with Stubbs.

Not sure what others take on it was, but I took from his interview that:

1. It was Oran’s job in the summer if he’d simply spun things out by saying ‘I have as good an understanding of Scottish football as anyone else’. It sounded as though this was the only reason he was overlooked. The positivity with which Oran talked about the process of feedback and Tony comparing him with Jack speaks volumes.

2. Things have clearly not been right with the group harmony with Stubbs in charge. For all the new players may be ‘good players’ the undercurrent was that some have not settled.

3. Just wasn’t a great fit for Saints or Stubbs, sometimes you need to make a hard choice and stick with it. Essentially accepting that they got it wrong in the summer but hopefully now have got it right with Oran.

4. I don’t care if you need to have to filter what Tony says about Saints. As long as he is in a role where he is a positive ambassador for his and our club I’m delighted. Listening to contradicting statements picked up by the commentators post interview simply took the whole thing back to exactly what he said, something around talking about progress with his head rather than his heart...

5. It was interesting to hear about Jack essentially catapulting the business plan 3 years forward over the course of his 18 months in charge and the club trying simply to catch up.

Anyway for all he takes a bit of stick from some, having Mr Saint Mirren talking positively about our club is great.

Good luck Oran, hopefully you get all the time you need to get us moving in the right direction again.

13 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Anyway , welcome Oran hope you and your family enjoy life in Paisley, there is a few empty houses in Tannahill if your looking for something close to the schools for the kids and work:offtopic...........:lol

The  hoose above my dad in tannahill is empty  lol

23 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Ur yi a grandfaither yit fae that 'relationship'?

Not all is lost. One Father in Law is Celtic. One father in law was Sunderland.

Three girls and one boy.  The latter is now a season ticket holder and 1877 Club Member.

The girls include one Mirren. They have moved on from watching the Saints to play sports themselves.

Sounds great. One teensy weensy wee problem. How can St Mirren (or indeed any club of our standing) possibly win the league when they simply cannot keep players such as Kenny McLean, Kyle McAllister, John McGinn, Stevie Mallan, Lewis Morgan, or, erm, anyone who shines for six games on the trot and is immediately sold.

Oh Oran, you spent ten minutes in Fitzy’s company, didn’t you.

Anyway, back in the real world, if you could just maybe do a ‘Tommy Wright’, that would be fine and dandy. Ta. Now, have a wee lie down and a stiff drink. :D