Welcome Oran Kearney

Everyone was critical of Stubbs not talking the club up and being a negative cloud over the club.

The most enjoyable seasons in the past 10 years have been with Danny and Jack in charge of the club, two guys that were mega positive and seemed to have an affinity with the club and fans. I won’t be criticising Oran for being positive.

17 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Everyone was critical of Stubbs not talking the club up and being a negative cloud over the club.

The most enjoyable seasons in the past 10 years have been with Danny and Jack in charge of the club, two guys that were mega positive and seemed to have an affinity with the club and fans. I won’t be criticising Oran for being positive.

I love the fact our new manager is so positive but I hope the supporters are a tad more realistic in their expectations. Comfortable top six would be magnificent. A couple of Europa league medals for the lads a wee bonus! :P

1 hour ago, foxbar_bud said:

The Irish League Show, 2018/19: 09/09/2018: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06k54nb via @bbciplayer

Not sure if this link will work...if not search Irish league show on iPlayer

Fantastic piece on Oran here, the pundits talk really highly of him

You can see from the reaction of his players and supporters on Saturday, what he's done with Colraine. He's been given time and pulled the entire club together and he is universally respected for it.

I for one am hugely excited to see if he can replicate that with us, 

5 hours ago, Hendo said:

Very experienced and knows the Scottish game, think it would be a decent appointment. A bit of a shame for Brian Rice though, but OK needs freedom to choose who he wants as number two. 

It would be a shame for Rice as he left his position in Inverness to join us, and from our side we paid money to ICT to bring him in. His knowledge of Scottish football would be very beneficial. However if OK feels there is someone else he'd rather work alongside, then he must do what's best. As long as it's someone with Rice's sort of experience of our game, he needs a knowledgable head next to him while he learns the way here.

9 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Interesting in his interview he says when asked about getting backroom staff in that he wants to wait and get feel for what’s needed there is already a coach still there that didn’t get much of a say with the previous regime.

Sounds like Stubbs didn’t even get on with Brian rice lol

Where was this interview bud

"Didn't get much of a say or much coaching time"
Why bring in an assistant if you don't let him coach? Stubbs didn't do himself any favours did he?
Aye I'd be fine with Nicholl being part of the staff. 

I’m not defending Stubbs....

But this could be Rice just trying to get himself another gig! Blame it on the other guys

3 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

I’m not defending Stubbs....

But this could be Rice just trying to get himself another gig! Blame it on the other guys

It's possible the players may have said this to OK. If Rice was bullshitting it wouldn't be long before the truth came out.