Welcome Oran Kearney

Just now, munoz said:

That 3 year deal was effectively a one year deal compensation wise. 

Indeed, I'm only pointing out the outcry when we offered Stubbs a 3 year deal yet this seems to be ok now.

Personally I never had an issue with the deal offered to Stubbs and even less so with our new manager, considering he's had to move his family over here.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, I'm only pointing out the outcry when we offered Stubbs a 3 year deal yet this seems to be ok now.

Personally I never had an issue with the deal offered to Stubbs and even less so with our new manager, considering he's had to move his family over here.

I suppose it just boils down to,  no matter what the club do there's always going some people who aren't happy with their decisions. Some work out, some don't.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

I think the 'love in as you call it is more to do with hopeful optimism and having a manager that has already connected more with supporters in a couple of days , than Stubbs managed in his whole time with us. 

Obviously these pro's alone aren't going to be enough to bring success, so I'm looking forward to see what other attributes he will bring to us.

Sensible and measured approach Munoz.  

Time,  points and position in the league as well as tactics,  style of play and transfer dealings will provide the real tests. 

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

He doesn't. He says the fact we have signed players who haven't played a lot of football is the problem. That's not the players fault, he was merely pointing out that dropping a load of inexperienced players into one team is asking for trouble, and that lies at Stubbs door. 

Stubbs is gone, McGinn, is, thankfully, still here.

Now, can you please feck off with your shite. 

Errr... that quote is straight from the horses mouth, so i think we can safely say he said it!

how you interpret it is up to you, its clear he is flagging up half the team as 'the problem' he is definitely not suggesting the longer serving players are 'the problem'!

its been said now, Stubbs is gone, a new manager has a chance to stamp out divisive chat, and he seems like the guy for that. Now old & new players have no excuses..! They should all be match fit now, they can't blame the manager as he's only just in the door, so lets see how they perform without a safety net.

re your classy last line. Why quote & reply? I am more than happy that you ignore whatever i post, indeed I encourage it.

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The "love in" that seems to becoming an epidemic is quite amusing.

The new manager is, IMO, quite a gamble, taking into account we have don't have quite the queue that Div was portraying we would attract a week or so ago.

He seems, and no more than that, to have had some success in a diddy country/league and that could easily transpire into some skills that could turn our current position into, well, what, survival? 

When Ross was appointed I was pretty much "meh" and he proved to be a major success, despite what many said.

This season is a much tougher proposition so anyone has a serious task on their hands. 

And if we should lose a few.... just wait till,the realise this guy isnt Jack Ross either!

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Agree to a certain extent.

however, it’s been a pretty dark couple of months and people just clinging on to a little hope. He’s spoke well in early interviews and is showing a bit of humility and positivity, something that’s been lacking.

If we get pumped 10-0 on Friday, that might all change :lol:

Possibley but I don't think there is one person who is going to blame him for it. It would not matter who is in charge we all expect to get a doing. 

Was watching buddie vision there was a brief moment where players were on the training pitch with OK.  Cammy Smith was smiling from ear to ear. Anyone who has seen Cammy lately on match days could see a player who was not happy. The squad going into training happy is a positive thing. As for this season finishing 10th will be successful anything else will be brilliant.  

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The new manager is, IMO, quite a gamble, taking into account we have don't have quite the queue that Div was portraying we would attract a week or so ago.

He seems, and no more than that, to have had some success in a diddy country/league and that could easily transpire into some skills that could turn our current position into, well, what, survival? 

When Ross was appointed I was pretty much "meh" and he proved to be a major success, despite what many said.

This season is a much tougher proposition so anyone has a serious task on their hands. 

I agree on the "meh" aspect , as do quite a few people I've spoken to since he was appointed. Still , most of our "meh" appointments , historically , ie guys who have joined us from small clubs , have turned out to be the ones who have brought the most success, eg Lennon (Cowden) , Hendrie (Alloa) , Smith (Stirling) , Fergie (Shire) ,and Ross.  They all showed with smaller clubs that they knew what they were about and hopefully , given time ,  Kearney turns out the same way !

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Many of the same folk who trashed his signings from diddy leagues are the same ones bigging up our new full time school teacher, part time football manager from a diddy league.

And they seem to get very angry when this is pointed out to them! :lol:

In my opinion people in this country view the Danske bank premier league as a diddy league but our league is viewed in the same way across Europe so in essence he is moving from one diddy league to another and I believe he is no longer a full time school teacher and part time football manager he is now the manager of our team St Mirren and as so deserves the respect and backing of us as supporters to do the best job he can in our own diddy league 

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

FS, the bit in bold I think is a bit of a red herring.....the board went straight back to an interviewee from the summer and through proper process appointed him within a couple of days.

We have no idea if anyone approached the club or chucked their hat into the ring, I think the club knew who they wanted (second time around granted) and may actually be part of the reason Stubbs was jettisoned quite so quickly

36 minutes ago, Franny Fat said:

I have agreed with him a couple of times particularly our last two games when were Definitely Shite.

However, when we go a goal down to any team whether we are playing shite or not,

this retard elvis comes on winding people up, its not funny its not cool its just

childish ned behaviour from a malcontented wilful big kid. 

Again, "retard", really?

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Got to agree. The forum is at its best (IMO) when people debate with each other without using language which might be offensive to an individual or group. 

Ricky there is no might about it ?

One is racist, the other is mocking mental illness...

I have reported the post, we shall see if our Mods indeed Moderate

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

To be topped by booting Brown in the baws ..... very very special :lol:

Now DJ.. Cannot believe that you are advocating foul play.  Remember who we are.  The Saints.  Also remember its on live TV and even if the red misses it... we are notC or R and therefore there Will be a Retrospective Red Card!  (Otherwise,  possibly close to agreeing with you).