Welcome Oran Kearney

On 9/11/2018 at 12:35 AM, faraway saint said:

The "love in" that seems to becoming an epidemic is quite amusing.

The new manager is, IMO, quite a gamble, taking into account we have don't have quite the queue that Div was portraying we would attract a week or so ago.

He seems, and no more than that, to have had some success in a diddy country/league and that could easily transpire into some skills that could turn our current position into, well, what, survival? 

When Ross was appointed I was pretty much "meh" and he proved to be a major success, despite what many said.

This season is a much tougher proposition so anyone has a serious task on their hands. 

I quite agree.

Who was that manager chap who came to us from East Stirling in 1974 and we sacked him?

You could hardly make out what he was saying half the time.

1 hour ago, E=Mc2 said:
On 9/11/2018 at 12:35 AM, faraway saint said:

The "love in" that seems to becoming an epidemic is quite amusing.

The new manager is, IMO, quite a gamble, taking into account we have don't have quite the queue that Div was portraying we would attract a week or so ago.

He seems, and no more than that, to have had some success in a diddy country/league and that could easily transpire into some skills that could turn our current position into, well, what, survival? 

When Ross was appointed I was pretty much "meh" and he proved to be a major success, despite what many said.

This season is a much tougher proposition so anyone has a serious task on their hands. 

I quite agree.

Who was that manager chap who came to us from East Stirling in 1974 and we sacked him?

You could hardly make out what he was saying half the time.

Yes!  did he not come fae Ferguslie or somewhere like that I know it had something to do with Feegie or Fergie or summit  :lol:

First impressions are very promising. He seems to have brought the squad together in the week he has been around and given them all some belief and confidence and maybe even some togetherness too. We were still in the game after 35 minutes - a novelty in recent times. We looked like we could defend from set pieces most of the time and kept a clean sheet. From the moment the team was announced I felt quietly confident - reinstating many of last season's over-achieving heroes and reducing the number of loanees down towards normal levels... goodbye Nicolai Brock-Madsen, Cole Kpekawa and hello we look like a team again - still not perfect by any means but at least we looked competitive rather than disorganised whipping boys.

Big point for me was the role of the goalkeepers Samson didnt have a single seious save to make all game Gordon had three in the first half Testament to organisation motivation and commitment none of wbich were seen under the previous regime

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...