Welcome Oran Kearney

26 minutes ago, DLBud said:

He has a point though. There are too many posters on here now that contribute f**k all to any debate and simply wait for their self styled nemesis to say something so they jump on and try to make the other guy look like a dick.

You even commented on one of the current running battles yourself last night.

I didn't say he didn't but I think it's fecking rich coming from some dick who's averaging 1 post a year or another alias.

Everyone looks for something different from the forum.

I find the "welcome any cnut" to he club threads absolutely tedious but they seem to fill a void for plenty so not my issue. 

Without those self styled posters, the Forum would be in a coma with the routine bland and boring debate that goes on. 

Shull, your the one who makes most noise on here about posters being abused but are actually one of the worst for it.

By the way, if you think that isn’t bland and boring you’re wrong mate.

7 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Shull, your the one who makes most noise on here about posters being abused but are actually one of the worst for it.

Abuse is never acceptable as a substitute for argument. 

For example... F Man could be a great poster rather than a prolific poster but seems determined to aim for popularity by playing to the lowest common denominator. 

However,  great to see people adding to the forum across a wide range of topics. 

Edited by St.Ricky

19 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I gave it mate twice as in Irish 0 AEK 3 and no Scottish teams left just EIRE and Ulster ones. Both quoting you. This would have been fine and probably funny if you then hadnt called me a supporter of sectarnism by pointing out your thread was could actually have been taken as anti irish . I will except it wasnt meant that way if u take back what u said. For record i abhor any form of bigotry and also another reason i have always followed Saints to avoid that pish.. ur call

So where is your proof ? 

I said nothing against Eire or Ulster. 

What's the problem with predicting a score? 

I predicted Scotland 0 Albania 2. What do you make of that.? 

As you know, this all about my dislike of Celtic and Sevco. 

Sevco fans loving all things Ulster and Celtic fans loving Eire. 

Whereas I love both Eire and Ulster. 

Unfortunately you're too thick to comprehend any post on this Forum. 

7 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I have never abused anyone for nothing. Only in retaliation. You seem to miss that. Check DougJamie's posts for the last month. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Absolutely right on both counts sadly. Abuse is never acceptable as a substitute for argument. 

F Man could be a great poster rather than a prolific poster but seems determined to aim for popularity by playing to the lowest common denominator. 

However,  great to see people adding to the forum across a wide range of topics. 

Why is he right on his first post ? 

4 minutes ago, shull said:

So where is your proof ? 

If you love them then why is it not ok for Sevco and Celtic fans to love them..?

21 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Well Shull, you are an admitted critic of the sectarianism which surrounds our two biggest clubs and (rightly) tie this in to their origins within two differing groups with strong Irish connections and differing political and religious traditions.  Like you and many others,  I dislike sectarianism but I do like the Irish,  their enthusiasm for life and general friendliness and guess that you might too. I'm not sure where the accusation of racism originated from but don't see it in either or you.  I do see you both dancing around handbags on the floor though on this. As far as I can see one of you might presently be more accepting that change is happening and allow us to accept the slow transition of both of our big two clubs into 21 St Century Fans but we also need to move on. 

Our two big Clubs aren't improving. 

Open your ears this Friday night. 

The two Clubs absolutely disgrace Eire, Northern Ireland and Scotland. 

Three wonderful Countries unfortunately dragged down by Celtic and Sevco bigots. 

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Abuse is never acceptable as a substitute for argument. 

For example... F Man could be a great poster rather than a prolific poster but seems determined to aim for popularity by playing to the lowest common denominator. 

How does calling someone "disabled" sit with you high and mighty perspective? 

Just now, shull said:

Our two big Clubs aren't improving. 

Open your ears this Friday night. 

The two Clubs absolutely disgrace Eire, Northern Ireland and Scotland. 

Three wonderful Countries unfortunately dragged down by Celtic and Sevco bigots. 

Shull. I abhor sectarianism and recognise that this still exists.  I'm not deaf, I'm not blind and,arguably, I'm not daft. 

But progress is being made.  Perhaps we,  as in other fans,  might start to recognise this and cut out the need to respond in kind. 

Still lots of distance to go for sure. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

How does calling someone "disabled" sit with you high and mighty perspective? 

Not something I have done.  In your imagination. What you did there was complete a word as you thought it might read. 

My own wife is disabled and has been for the past 40 years.  I respect everyone whatever their personal characteristics. 

However you routinely hurl abuse at people,  question their sanity.  Intelligence and much more. 

Listened to Tony F on the radio.  Welcoming OK,  acknowledging again the work that Jack Ross did in accelerating the progress of the club and wished Alan Stubbs well.  A case of wrong time,  wrong place but a good guy.  Supported new players.. Need time to settle but also conceded that the January transfer window will be important for us. 

20 minutes ago, shull said:

So where is your proof ? 

Ur arse pal u knew exactly what ur were doing . More backward steps than M Jackson in Billie Jean..Regardless stick the olive branch up where the sun dont shine. Back on ignore you nasty wee racist prick... 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Listened to Tony F on the radio.  Welcoming OK,  acknowledging again the work that Jack Ross did in accelerating the progress of the club and wished Alan Stubbs well.  A case of wrong time,  wrong place but a good guy.  Supported new players.. Need time to settle but also conceded that the January transfer window will be important for us. 

Listened to the interview. Chick seemed to give him a hard time about the top 4 comment he made at the end of last season. He's only human, we are all allowed to get excited at times. 

Hopefully OK will be here for the long haul. Seems to have similar traits to JR personality wise. Maybe its good that he isn't going straight into a transfer window like Stubbs did. He'll have 4 months to concentrate fully on the current squad and get to know the level as well as Scottish football before having to do anything in the transfer market.

2 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Listened to the interview. Chick seemed to give him a hard time about the top 4 comment he made at the end of last season. He's only human, we are all allowed to get excited at times. 

Hopefully OK will be here for the long haul. Seems to have similar traits to JR personality wise. Maybe its good that he isn't going straight into a transfer window like Stubbs did. He'll have 4 months to concentrate fully on the current squad and get to know the level as well as Scottish football before having to do anything in the transfer market.

Sound analysis LargsBud.  Agree. 

53 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Nothing much else can be said. With OK on board we look forward as long as learn from past....

On 9/7/2018 at 3:26 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

He could just use the knives that half this forum used on the last manager the minute he arrived?

As soon as you watched Stubbs' team you were one of the ones posting that all his signings were rubbish and not an improvement on the players he moved on.

On 9/7/2018 at 3:50 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

By telling 2 injury prone players, who have been injured all season and a player JR relegated to the bench, that they can go?

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t want Stubbs appointed, I’m glad he’s gone and I did t like his signings.

But this repeated line that he ripped up JR’s team just isn’t true.

Stubbs did rip up last year's team. He inherited 16 players and by the time he left 9 of them had either been sold or told they were free to find other clubs, leaving 7 players from last season Stubbs was fine with and 2 of them were Jordan Kirkpatrick and Cammy MacPherson (who weren't invited to La Manga for pre-season training).

Was OK over here today? Heard a few folk saying he was being shown about the facilities and the town by Fitzy today and that he attended the Colts win over Hamilton. 

Bit strange the timing mind you, considering part of the deal was that he's got his Coleraine side to take charge of for the last time in about an hour or so on their match tonight. It must have been a mental dash to get the flight back over for that.