Welcome Oran Kearney

6 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

I’m not defending Stubbs....

But this could be Rice just trying to get himself another gig! Blame it on the other guys

That was my thoughts too. Rice may well be telling the truth, however he's hardly going to tell the new guy he was fully involved with what the previous boss did considering the mess he made of things.

28 minutes ago, st jock said:

Regarding OK saying he wants to win the league, i' d be more concerned if he didn't want to.

Reach for the stars. I wouldn't expect anything less from our manager regardless of it being realistic or not.  Your drum that winning mentality into your daily routine you can achieve to the best of your abilities.

13 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It's possible the players may have said this to OK. If Rice was bullshitting it wouldn't be long before the truth came out.

18 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

I’m not defending Stubbs....

But this could be Rice just trying to get himself another gig! Blame it on the other guys

Dont blame Rice or indeed Jackson for playing that card, after all the players did it, or at least half of them did, blaming the other half.

Kearney has got some clusterf**k of an attitude and loyalty problem to sort out between elements of the squad and the coaching team. Common sense approach from him to take a bit of time to see who can back up their claims with actions.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dont blame Rice or indeed Jackson for playing that card, after all the players did it, or at least half of them did, blaming the other half.

Kearney has got some clusterf**k of an attitude and loyalty problem to sort out between elements of the squad and the coaching team. Common sense approach from him to take a bit of time to see who can back up their claims with actions.

LPM.  This agreeing with you thing is becoming a habit but I do. Taking a short time to have a look himself seems like the smart move. 

48 minutes ago, Drew said:

I've heard Rice is a popular enough figure around the club.

We have to assume that GS and Fitzy have a sense of whether he is worth keeping on, in much the same way that they developed a sense that Stubbs (and Jackson) had to go.

Pity that they didn't sense Stubbs wasn't up to the job in the first place!

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

Perhaps it was McManus he was referring to given OK's previous record with youth players?

I'd wondered that but having listened to the interview he mentions something about a coach brought in by the previous manager.

Jackson is away so harmoney resumes. There is no problem between the players or with Rice. We’re (now) on our way.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

I've heard Rice is a popular enough figure around the club.

We have to assume that GS and Fitzy have a sense of whether he is worth keeping on, in much the same way that they developed a sense that Stubbs (and Jackson) had to go.

Agree totally.  I have a lot of faith in wee Gordon with the daft car.  A decisive man and decisive men are always better than those who sit on the fence.

Anyway, back on topic.  If Gordon with the daft car and Oran Kearney want Brian Rice to stay at the club then that is absolutely fine with me.  The only thing I would like the club to clarify (a statement would be fine) is as to whether Brian Rice was in any way responsible for the signing of Cole Kpekewa?

You know a wee statement such as

The Saint Mirren FC  board of directors are delighted to announce that Brian Rice will be retained in his capacity as assistant manager/moved to coach.  In addressing the concerns of fans the board are keen inform our wonderful support that Brian was in no may responsible for the signing of Cole Kpekewa.  The board would like to thank Brian for hard work during this tumultuous time and look forward to his valuable experience as we move forward with Oran Kearney.  Oran said "Yes I am delighted that Brian will stay on, a great guy whom I look forward to building a new powerful team alongside.  Especially without Cole Kpekewa whom I can confirm was signed entirely by Alan Stubbs and Darren Jackson, clearly why they lost the honour of leading this wonderful team

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Did you miss our captain in the media blaming the new recruits for our poor start? 

So you`ve gone form HALF the team blaming the other half to ONE individual , who didnt actually blame anyone, he simply stated it was difficult as many of the new recruits had not had much game time before joining us.

Oh , & in the same interview, he also said " we are ALL hurting , we need to ALL stick together ."

16 minutes ago, pod said:

Nope.  If he did, he wasn't alone.  Was he wrong.

He wasnt wrong, but he picked out specfic players to criticise in public which is poor form for a captain. Stubbs was rounded on for having the temerity to blame the whole team for our poor results. I guess st mirren fans can have their cake and eat it in the blame game.

like i said previously Kearney has got that finger pointing attitude to deal with. There should only ever be one gaffer, thats who hands out the praise, and if due the specific criticism, behind doors!

30 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

He wasnt wrong, but he picked out specfic players to criticise in public which is poor form for a captain. Stubbs was rounded on for having the temerity to blame the whole team for our poor results. I guess st mirren fans can have their cake and eat it in the blame game.

like i said previously Kearney has got that finger pointing attitude to deal with. There should only ever be one gaffer, thats who hands out the praise, and if due the specific criticism, behind doors!

He did not mention names he said summer recruited players had not played a lot of football and not many had played first team football.

You have a way of twisting words to make them sound more worse than what was meant. 

40 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He did not mention names he said summer recruited players had not played a lot of football and not many had played first team football.

You have a way of twisting words to make them sound more worse than what was meant. 

No.. you insist that everything that comes out of smp is the best thing since sliced bread! McGinn was pointing the finger at one half of his team. What he didnt say was "its up to all of us to sort it out" he chose to use the new guys as the overriding reason for our poor performances. Kearney has to stamp that out.

many on here are calling/hoping Kearney will unite the squad, club and fans. He can only do that if all involved sing from the same hymn sheet. And understanding the type of man he is, its obvious he wont let players spread disharmony on his watch. If they cross him, he'll bin them! 

Nothing twisted here in McGinn's actual words..."“I think the problem this window is that we have signed a lot of players who have not played a lot of football,” said McGinn

he clearly labels those players as 'The Problem'

Edited by Lord Pityme